What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 PF Fri - North Qld 20-24 Parramatta @ Queensland Country Bank

Finals Week 3: North Qld v Parramatta

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JokerEel

First Grade
So that's why Penrith flogged Parra in Week 1 of the finals after taking them lightly during the regular season?

Cool. Lets hope it's not a cricket score next Sunday.

Yes good teams learn. See Eels last week 👍 I'll enjoy watching my team in the grandfinal.

I'll also enjoy living rent free in your head next weekend 😉

Eelementary

Post Whore
So that's why Penrith flogged Parra in Week 1 of the finals after taking them lightly during the regular season?

Cool. Lets hope it's not a cricket score next Sunday.

Penrith were very good that day, but let's put it in perspective:

They only racked up the score once Moses went off, and we had Jake Arthur defending at halfback (a good front-on defender, with average mobility), and running the side.

Penrith may well flog us next weekend, but week 1 of the Finals isn't an accurate indicator of why imo.

Yes good teams learn. See Eels last week 👍 I'll enjoy watching my team in the grandfinal.

I'll also enjoy living rent free in your head next weekend 😉

Your team were lucky the Cowboys choked. You're utterly delusional if you think NQ didn't choke considering they botched 2 or 3 tries and conceded two of the softest tries due to stage fright.

Good luck getting within 20 of Penrith next Sunday.

Penrith were very good that day, but let's put it in perspective:

They only racked up the score once Moses went off, and we had Jake Arthur defending at halfback (a good front-on defender, with average mobility), and running the side.

Penrith may well flog us next weekend, but week 1 of the Finals isn't an accurate indicator of why imo.
I was using the faulty logic of @JokerEel against him. He reckons Cowboys aren't a good team and didn't choke last Friday.

I fear next week might be 2009 all over again.

borisdog

Juniors
Your team were lucky the Cowboys choked. You're utterly delusional if you think NQ didn't choke considering they botched 2 or 3 tries and conceded two of the softest tries due to stage fright.

Our defence tapered off badly over the last couple of months.

That's the difference between winning and losing on many occasions.

Those two tries that RCG scored you would be hard pressed to find more dysfunctional defensive efforts in your kid's under 14's

That's the thing to work on for next year. It wasn't just that game either.

Our defence tapered off badly over the last couple of months.

That's the difference between winning and losing on many occasions.

Those two tries that RCG scored you would be hard pressed to find more dysfunctional defensive efforts in your kid's under 14's
It started after Origin, especially when Cotter got injured before the game against Manly. I think we peaked too early and our kamikaze defence wore us down as the season got longer. Origin definitely threw a wrench in the mix and didn't help.

Tuilagi got COVID-19 and Feldt also got injured. They weren't the same afterwards.

HTF isn't fit for first grade.

Townsend's form was up and down.

Hiku became ill-disciplined.

If we work on our defensive combinations then we are a chance of holding our spot in the top four.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I was using the faulty logic of @JokerEel against him. He reckons Cowboys aren't a good team and didn't choke last Friday.

I fear next week might be 2009 all over again.

The Cowboys are a great team - they threw everything at us. Anyone who says they're not a good team is kidding.

Poor refereeing decisions aside, the fact we didn't fold under immense pressure from the Cowboys is testament to our will to win.

Those last 10 minutes were so intense, but the way we refused to buckle was incredible.

We may well lose the Grand Final, but I never expected us to be there this year in the first place - obviously, I hope we can end out drought, but if we don't, I'll look back on 2022 with great fondness.

Two months ago, I thought we were psychologically gone.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I think this logic doesn't give enough credit to our defence, tbh.

We've never defended as well as we did in this game.

The Cowboys are a great team - they threw everything at us. Anyone who says they're not a good team is kidding.

Poor refereeing decisions aside, the fact we didn't fold under immense pressure from the Cowboys is testament to our will to win.

Those last 10 minutes were so intense, but the way we refused to buckle was incredible.

We may well lose the Grand Final, but I never expected us to be there this year in the first place - obviously, I hope we can end out drought, but if we don't, I'll look back on 2022 with great fondness.

Two months ago, I thought we were psychologically gone.
Eels deserved to win on Friday as the were the better team. One of the Cowboys tries was suspicious and could have been overturned.

Parramatta deserve their spot in the GF by virtue of beating Penrith twice.

Latest posts