What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R10 Sat - Melbourne 6-32 Penrith @ Suncorp

Round 10: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iamback

Coach
Oddly enough, yes.

Explains why this game was Saturday night.

I'm a masochist and prefer the nine commentary to fox.

I guess even Channel 9 knows the fans want PENRITH.

Depends on the commentary team. Often 9 is better

mxlegend99

Referee
Wait this game was on 9? f**k. My kayo buffered a few times but didnt realise 9 was an option tonight.

mxlegend99

Referee
The prick is part of the illuminati

I didn't know either but just goes to show people have moved away from the normal TV networks...
The only things I watch on FTA are origin and grand finals. If Kayo is playing up a Friday/Sunday game.

Everything else is downloaded or streamed.

blaza88z

Coach
Unfortunately injuries robbed us of what would've been a fantastic game in the middle of magic round and I know Penrith fans don't want to hear that because it takes the gloss off of their win but it's true

Fangs

Coach
As predicted, Penrith dominated a hapless Melbourne Storm outfit. They should take the bus back to VIC while Penrith fly first class with Tiger Airways.

Unfortunately injuries robbed us of what would've been a fantastic game in the middle of magic round and I know Penrith fans don't want to hear that because it takes the gloss off of their win but it's true
I agree; really frustrating. I read as much into the game last night as when we got pumped mid-to-late last year in the regular season; one team at full strength and the other nowhere near. Still glad we won though; imagine you guys piling on if we lost.

Unfortunately for Storm though the guy they missed the most last night isn’t back this year. Welch in the middle would add some starch because they were pretty soft.

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
Melbourne are fkn trash. Couple of injuries and they’re worse than Canterbury

I love these blanket statements.

Penrith were full-strength.

A very unsettled prep for Melbourne, without two of their usual spine players, one of them ruled out several hours before the match. Their attack was mistimed and clunky which was expected. Wishart was off-tempo on several of his push support plays where Paps would be on the beat. He also made several handling errors in a position he rarely plays on a wet night. Johns was tasked to defend the right edge because everything attack wise went through Munster. I doubt these guys have taken too many reps in these positions. Lots of uncharacteristic errors which is unsurprising when new players who don't normally drive the attack are brought in.

Bellamy usually gets it right but he got it very wrong this time. The 'system' philosophy fell apart. If Hughes had an injury cloud, Bellamy should've accounted for it with his 19-man squad and had an OB there. Play Meany where he was named, and brought Tyran into HB when Hughes was ruled out, and the replacement OB on the wing.