What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R12 Fri - Penrith 22-0 North Qld @ BlueBet

Round 12: Penrith v North Qld

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
I’ll be there for the 6 pm kick off. Cowboys playing well but surely we can’t lose 2 home games in a row.

Cowboys defence has been impressive all year except the games vs Roosters and Warriors. Their spine players are also in great form and as we've seen over the last month, they've become a prolific try scoring team. A little bias showing here but I reckon the Cowboys will stifle the likes of Cleary, Luai, Yeo and Kikau in defence and the stage is set for an ambush in enemy territory.

Cowboys by 8.
Hopefully a good match. I have An uneasy feeling about this one as the Cows seem to be improving week on week.

Fingers crossed no injuries to either team and we are talking about the players, and not the ref/bunker, come Saturday morning.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
the jody gall cup

Can see us putting up a fight, but our success has been from getting roll ons and robson/deardon going off the back of it. With penrith just basically molesting the play the ball as they wish with no punishment it will be a struggle

the jody gall cup

Can see us putting up a fight, but our success has been from getting roll ons and robson/deardon going off the back of it. With penrith just basically molesting the play the ball as they wish with no punishment it will be a struggle
Wow; are all the Rhynos cut from the same cloth? This one seems a carbon copy of the Parra one, probably just with a better tan but worse taste in beer…

The_Frog

First Grade
the jody gall cup

You've been listening to salty Rooster fans a bit too much. In that game the Roosters average PTB speed was 2.97secs while ours was 3.86 sec.

This, given the outcome and general run of play, suggests that 1. PTB speed isn't the be all and end all of this game, and 2. Roosters were allowed to play the ball as quickly as they liked.

Last edited:
You've been listening to salty Rooster fans a bit too much. In that game the Roosters average PTB speed was 2.97secs while ours was 3.86 sec.

This, given the outcome and general run of play, suggests that 1. PTB speed isn't the be all and end all of this game, and 2. Roosters were allowed to play the ball as quickly as they liked.
I do wonder where the timing starts; is it from when the first contact is made or when the ref calls held?

Obviously our ability to hold players up and drive them back is the best in the comp; based on a pretty basic game plan and amazing levels of fitness. But if the ‘driving back’ part of the tackle isn’t included in PTB speed then the results might be quite different if they were.

butchmcdick

Immortal
I’ll be there for the 6 pm kick off. Cowboys playing well but surely we can’t lose 2 home games in a row.
I'm pretty excited to see how we go against you

to be the best you have to beat the best and you guys have been the best for three seasons now

Kikau being on of our juniors hurts me to watch

i know you can't keep them all but seeing the likes of Kikau, Ponga, Jerome Hughes, Brandon Smith & Braden hamlin- Uele run around for other teams sucks arse

Smug Panther

First Grade

to be the best you have to beat the best and you guys have been the best for three seasons now

i know you can't keep them all but seeing the likes of Kikau, Ponga, Jerome Hughes, Brandon Smith & Braden hamlin- Uele run around for other teams sucks arse
You dodged a bullet with Ponga

Never knew that Jerome was a former Cowboy. I imagine that would hurt more than losing Ponga.

And it hurt some Panther fans to see Coote lift the trophy in 2015. Me included.

Thanks for dropping in Butch and adding to the conversation respectfully.

Question without agenda; of those 5 players which ones did the Cowboys try hard to keep; I understand Kiks was wanted, but I seem to recall Hughes was bumped around quite a bit (both club and positionally) before landing as the storm 7.

If you wanted to keep them, what causes the Cowboys the retention issues; I would have thought being a celebrity and on good coin in Nth Queensland would be a good gig, particularly for country QLD kids (albeit the 5 mentioned don’t all fit that bill).

EDIT; sorry for the the patronising ‘thanks for dropping in’. I thought we were on the Panthers game thread.

butchmcdick

Immortal
You dodged a bullet with Ponga
For the money he's on he doesn't really consistently come up with the goods

When you think he is on Cleary money that's insane

I remember the Panthers took Segyaro off us (which devastated me at the time) and Tamou (who whilst a good player wasn't really a huge loss)

It sucks I'm working Friday night

butchmcdick

Immortal
the jody gall cup

The Matt Sing cup ?

butchmcdick

Immortal
Thanks for dropping in Butch and adding to the conversation respectfully.

Question without agenda; of those 5 players which ones did the Cowboys try hard to keep; I understand Kiks was wanted, but I seem to recall Hughes was bumped around quite a bit (both club and positionally) before landing as the storm 7.

If you wanted to keep them, what causes the Cowboys the retention issues; I would have thought being a celebrity and on good coin in Nth Queensland would be a good gig, particularly for country QLD kids (albeit the 5 mentioned don’t all fit that bill).

EDIT; sorry for the the patronising ‘thanks for dropping in’. I thought we were on the Panthers game thread.
No Worries

I know we tried to keep the cheese and Hughes but it was a choice between the storm (who were and still are dominate) and us who were not

Not sure about the others

It's hard being a regional club but then again 500 k in Townsville goes a lot further than in Sydney

Plus Paul Green seemed to find a game plan that he likes in 2014 and has just stuck with it.

Latest posts