What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R12 Sat - Warriors 16-24 Newcastle @ Moreton Daily

Round 12: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Disagree. The Warriors are a very strong brand in NZ and Union in general is slumping massively in relevance.

Contact sport generally is slumping for kids but that’s not a Warriors issue.
OK, sweet. A lot will disagree with me (or some). I don't know that I read it that union is slumping 'massively' - Super Rugby still gets a charmed run in the media and is the topic of conversation most places I go where people who like sport are. Maybe the ABs aren't at their peak of interest, but again I dunno about a massive decline.

When you say the Warriors are a strong brand, I agree - I see it. Increasingly, that brand is becoming an ironic one. 'Let's gone Warriors' and 'this is our year'. I know, these people still support us. But let's see where we get to next year if our team is still shithouse. I've been a week on week attender in the good years and the bad years. In the bad years, no bastard turns up from May onwards when it gets cold as shit at Mt Smart and we're at the foot of the table. Maybe people still buy jerseys, and post on social media, but it will be very interesting as to how that translate to arses on seats next year and beyond.

And I think I'm right about school league/club league. There's just nothing there. No Vulcans team visible for players to aspire to below the Warriors, no national comp like Bartercard, numbers dropping off in club and school league (this is a union issue too, I acknowledge) etc.

gerg

Juniors
OK, sweet. A lot will disagree with me (or some). I don't know that I read it that union is slumping 'massively' - Super Rugby still gets a charmed run in the media and is the topic of conversation most places I go where people who like sport are. Maybe the ABs aren't at their peak of interest, but again I dunno about a massive decline.

When you say the Warriors are a strong brand, I agree - I see it. Increasingly, that brand is becoming an ironic one. 'Let's gone Warriors' and 'this is our year'. I know, these people still support us. But let's see where we get to next year if our team is still shithouse. I've been a week on week attender in the good years and the bad years. In the bad years, no bastard turns up from May onwards when it gets cold as shit at Mt Smart and we're at the foot of the table. Maybe people still buy jerseys, and post on social media, but it will be very interesting as to how that translate to arses on seats next year and beyond.

And I think I'm right about school league/club league. There's just nothing there. No Vulcans team visible for players to aspire to below the Warriors, no national comp like Bartercard, numbers dropping off in club and school league (this is a union issue too, I acknowledge) etc.

Dumping the NYC didn't help Warriors either. I thought you guys were one club that embraced that competition/concept and were heading in the right direction.

Latest posts