What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R15 Sat - Parramatta 26-16 Sydney @ CommBank

Round 15: Parramatta v Sydney

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

84 Baby

Referee
Quality game of footy, both sides kind of controlled one half?

We were in charge of the intensity first half...the Roosters tried to match our style in a way, but that let us offload a lot and that played right into our hands.

Second half they came out smarter and played their game, got into a real proper grind. We didn't score a try but I was stoked that we were willing to grind it out with them, they never really looked like grinding us out of the game. We could have scored more points but we also didn't need to.
Nothing wrong with some old fashioned grinding

I reckon you get way better value from Watson, Verrills and Radley.

At least one of them will get pushed out of the club
TBH, we’ve missed Friend at hooker. I like Sam but he can’t give us the same service. Connor is more a fill-in. I’m actually looking forward to Rads and Cheese working together. What they’ll do together off field worries me however.

This Year?

Immortal
I thought the Roosters done well to keep it to a 10 point margin. To me it felt like the Roosters lost direction a fair bit and their kicking game was off. Considering their outs they done well after the onslaught in the 1st half.

shear_joy9

Coach
I reckon you get way better value from Watson, Verrills and Radley.

At least one of them will get pushed out of the club
Assuming roosters play smith just at hooker, he will be top 3 in the league.
Radley is a lock, Watson just a stop gap and Verrills backup.

Bazal

Post Whore
I thought the Roosters done well to keep it to a 10 point margin. To me it felt like the Roosters lost direction a fair bit and their kicking game was off. Considering their outs they done well after the onslaught in the 1st half.

They're a much more experienced big game side than we are and it showed...they knew they had to drag us back second half and stop us rolling and offloading and they did it well.

I'm still happy (besides winning) cos we have been ground out and run down in games like that before but we stayed calm and just out-grinded them

This Year?

Immortal
TBH, we’ve missed Friend at hooker. I like Sam but he can’t give us the same service. Connor is more a fill-in. I’m actually looking forward to Rads and Cheese working together. What they’ll do together off field worries me however.
They havent found a decent replacement for Cronk or Friend. Most teams are terrible without a quality 7 or 9, but the Roosters can be so good everywhere else that it's easily forgotten. I reckon thats why now the Roosters either blow teams away or lose in the grind. Sualli is going to be something amazing though.

The Predictor

Juniors
1980’s Parra first half.

Baldamatta the second half.

I’ll take it, suffer in your stained Y fronts Karen.
They scored one try from a forward pass and a second from a miss kick, we defend okay in second half, I don’t think the cocks were ever going to win as the game went on

They havent found a decent replacement for Cronk or Friend. Most teams are terrible without a quality 7 or 9, but the Roosters can be so good everywhere else that it's easily forgotten. I reckon thats why now the Roosters either blow teams away or lose in the grind. Sualli is going to be something amazing though.
Absolutely but I’m happy to be patient with Walker. I know he gets a lot of shit on here but we also miss Cordner and the discipline his captaincy brought.

Bazal

Post Whore
Absolutely but I’m happy to be patient with Walker. I know he gets a lot of shit on here but we also miss Cordner and the discipline his captaincy brought.

Walker is very good. Keary is very good, when he's conscious.

I just wonder if they're not very good together? They're both quite similar players...I feel like the top halves pairings have a point of difference from each other? And they all have at least one physical half IMO

Cleary and Luai, Hughes and Munster are far and away the leading halves pairings and they definitely do. Even for us, probs the best halves of the next tier down, Moses and Brown are very different.

I just wonder if they're not very good together? They're both quite similar players...I feel like the top halves pairings have a point of difference from each other? And they all have at least one physical half IMO

Cleary and Luai, Hughes and Munster are far and away the leading halves pairings and they definitely do. Even for us, probs the best halves of the next tier down, Moses and Brown are very different.
This

This Year?

Immortal
I'm starting to warm to him. He gives his all in defence and nailed a beautiful sideline conversion. He's coming along. Game management would be one of the hardest things to drill into a young half and he needs help from the spine too.

Munky

Coach

Keary for a guy who has been around so long hasn't evolved into a good game manager.

With no Friend or Cronk he should be the one dictating tempo of the game but he doesn't seem able.