What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R16 Fri - Penrith 26-18 Sydney @ BlueBet

Round 16: Penrith v Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soc123_au

Staff member
I don't need a vantage point on the western side, that penalty before half-time will make the top 5 of the worst decisions this season, however Sutton will be there next week, probably refereeing a game between two top 8 sides.

Why? Because the Roosters should learn to defend better, apparently.

I will tell you one thing, if you copped that call and went on to lose by single digits you wouldn't be referencing your teams defensive display as a means to why you lost the game. That's not how Penrith fans operate.
I agree it was a terrible decision as you have mentioned for about the eighth time. What did you think of Topouniuas shoulder charges that went unpenalised? There were about 4 of them. One direct to Kikaus head. Overall I think we got the better of the calls, but f**k me the tears are a bit over the top.

Valheru

Coach
The calls were rubbish and his words were justified. He also said letting the tries in were on them and didn’t use the officiating as an excuse for the loss.

This

Robbo was hardly ranting and raving, he was very calm and considered with his words. He had his say about the officiating but still pointed out we need to defend against it.

Fangs

Coach
This

Robbo was hardly ranting and raving, he was very calm and considered with his words. He had his say about the officiating but still pointed out we need to defend against it.

I'm a Robbo fan but that was 100% a rant.

Iamback

Coach
I agree it was a terrible decision as you have mentioned for about the eighth time. What did you think of Topouniuas shoulder charges that went unpenalised? There were about 4 of them. One direct to Kikaus head. Overall I think we got the better of the calls, but f**k me the tears are a bit over the top.

That is the thing. Some ordinary calls for us too

Iamback

Coach
The penalty before half-time which directly led to a try, was a joke of a decision.

No one doubts that the hit that but makes up for several missed. Kiks went off for HIA off a shoulder charge.

All these calls even out

Bazal

Post Whore
No one doubts that the hit that but makes up for several missed. Kiks went off for HIA off a shoulder charge.

All these calls even out

Yeah that's the thing for me. As usual, especially with Sutton, both teams got horrible calls. Tupouniua should have been binned it was shoulder to head contact with force.

He also put at least two other shoulder charges on during the game that I thought should have been penalties.

Framing it as "we waz wobbed" actually lets the ref off the hook because even if it's true it just comes across as whinging. And it's almost never true. Just once I'd love a coach to march into a presser with a list of every shit call the ref made both ways.

Iamback

Coach
Yeah that's the thing for me. As usual, especially with Sutton, both teams got horrible calls. Tupouniua should have been binned it was shoulder to head contact with force.

He also put at least two other shoulder charges on during the game that I thought should have been penalties.

Framing it as "we waz wobbed" actually lets the ref off the hook because even if it's true it just comes across as whinging. And it's almost never true. Just once I'd love a coach to march into a presser with a list of every shit call the ref made both ways.

It would have more weight if they did.

I have issues with a couple of tries too but they are more 50/50 calls.

Certainly not the best refereed game but both sides would have complaints. Robbo's just looks like a little bitch

forby

Juniors
Then what do you call it?
He whinged about the refereeing but didn't mention anything about the shoulder charges, the multiple late tackles on Cleary and others, the lost ball try, etc etc
Things go both ways, and overall they tend to even out.
His comment that the Roosters never get the calls - "that's not bias, that's fact" certainly hits at refereeing integrity.
He should be sanctioned for that.

Then what do you call it?
He whinged about the refereeing but didn't mention anything about the shoulder charges, the multiple late tackles on Cleary and others, the lost ball try, etc etc
Things go both ways, and overall they tend to even out.
His comment that the Roosters never get the calls - "that's not bias, that's fact" certainly hits at refereeing integrity.
He should be sanctioned for that.
Sutton has no integrity though. merkin should be dropped for good

blaza88z

Coach

It was bin worthy, no doubt.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Trent Robinson gets no sympathy from me. He very rarely ever gives any credit to the opposition when his team loses and just seems to want to moan about refereeing calls. Granted there were a couple of poor ones that went against his team at crucial times but is he seriously suggesting that happens because there's a conspiracy against the Roosters? LOL... Didn't Ben Cummins make a crucial call or changed call that helped his team win a Grand Final once?..
Maybe they just need to be playing better at the end of the day. It's pretty funny that so many people were tipping the Roosters to win the comp or make the GF yet they have more losses than wins after 16 games.

soc123_au

Staff member
It was bin worthy, no doubt.
Then why the focus on the one dud call? There were shit calls both ways. The stupid dangerous tackle call was cancelled out with the Verrills try where he clearly lost control before grounding it, not to mention that play should have stopped before he even got the ball. The ball was lost after the tackle was complete, if we were offside then it's a penalty, not play on.

Fangs

Coach
Maybe a rant... not raving though. Just calmly said what he felt.

Yeah so it wasn't Toovs level but its a rant.

I was personally more annoyed with Tedesco's complaints on field. Particularly for the last offside call on the Roosters try line (Multiple players 3 metres offside).

Latest posts