What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R16 Fri - Penrith 26-18 Sydney @ BlueBet

Round 16: Penrith v Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
IMO the missed shoulder charge was an equally poor decision but it's not something people think is obvious if it doesn't "lead directly" to something detrimental to the Panthers.

If a halfback or 5/8 got hit like that, it's nearly a send off. I hate that inconsistency as well.

Please don’t talk about integrity. The only reason we have these rules is because the Roosters would foul continuously on the try line. It’s obviously coached and it’s bloody cynical.

And you can’t argue with me; it’s not bias, it’s a fact.
So you’re happy with his performance then. Righto. For the record, like Robbo, I don’t blame the loss on Sutton but he is a shit ref.

Last edited:
Mate, he's dead set tackled him around the legs with no lifting and gets done for a dangerous tackle, you go visit any junior rugby league clinic and they're all coaching them to tackle like that.

Sutton missed the shoulder charge, he didn't miss the "dangerous tackle" which directly led to a try, we're going around in circles at this point. Yes there were shit calls on both sides but there's no doubt Penrith got more benefit.
Can we stop saying ‘directly’ led to a try. It’s like my 8 year old and her use of the word ‘literally’.

soc123_au

Staff member
‘Penrith was given a penalty that directly led to them kicking for touch. Two tackles later Penrith scored a try’.

‘Manu dropped the ball after he was tackled, which directly led to Verrills picking it up and losing control over the line and being gifted a try from the bunker’.
Just did a correction for accuracy.

forby

Juniors
So Robinson used the press conference to deflect enough attention to ensure he didn't get charged.
What a joke! I certainly hope he gets a Breach Notice regarding his comments.

soc123_au

Staff member
So Robinson used the press conference to deflect enough attention to ensure he didn't get charged.
We have had a few not charged over the past 3 years by the mrc that probably should have, so swings and roundabouts. Not like it makes a speck of difference to us him being rubbed out for a few weeks or not.

Right....

As the Match Review Committee base all charges on what the coaches say at the post match Press Conference 🙄

Next on Amazing Tales....... 🤣

Latest posts