What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R16 Sun - St Geo Illa 12-10 Canberra @ WIN

Round 16: St Geo Illa v Canberra

• St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Corner_Post

Juniors
Posted this in the St George forum but here it is again:

Just slow mo'd it. Reckon Hunt was onside and square at marker. Raiders' dummy half really fcked up. Was too busy looking sideways and wasn't even ready when the ball was played. You can see from screenshots below, he is not even leaning down when the ball was played, so by the time he picked up the ball, Hunt who was ready, tackled him. Really poor play from Raiders Fake and the commentators can go f**k themselves.

Ben Hunt 1.png
Ben Hunt 2.png

skeepe

Immortal
Looks like Hunt was a bit closer to square than i thought.

Doesn’t change the fact the deliberate hold down was a professional foul and should have been ruled as such.

Posted this in the St George forum but here it is again:

Just slow mo'd it. Reckon Hunt was onside and square at marker. Raiders' dummy half really fcked up. Was too busy looking sideways and wasn't even ready when the ball was played. You can see from screenshots below, he is not even leaning down when the ball was played, so by the time he picked up the ball, Hunt who was ready, tackled him. Really poor play from Raiders Fake and the commentators can go f**k themselves.

View attachment 63292
View attachment 63293
From the games I have seen poor dummy half play has been the biggest issue for Raiders with ball in hand this year. By the time Stalling picks it up, stands up and then decides to pass, the defensive line is invariably on the person taking the ball. He is good running it when he gets the chance but the basic distribution is to my eye the key reason the Raiders don’t make a lot of metres.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
From the games I have seen poor dummy half play has been the biggest issue for Raiders with ball in hand this year. By the time Stalling picks it up, stands up and then decides to pass, the defensive line is invariably on the person taking the ball. He is good running it when he gets the chance but the basic distribution is to my eye the key reason the Raiders don’t make a lot of metres.

Yep, you'll find a lot of fans want Woolford for the full 80 with Elliot as backup. Starling has regressed and needs a stint in reggies.

Frailty

First Grade
no problem with hunt being square
Why are the raiders getting 6 agains on deliberate hold down penalty’s, instead of a penalty in front of the posts?
Because referees have been doing that all season long. The six again was the dumbest rule to be introduced, but the PVL sycophants (particularly in the media) won't admit that fact.

nick87

Coach
Because referees have been doing that all season long. The six again was the dumbest rule to be introduced, but the PVL sycophants (particularly in the media) won't admit that fact.
There have been MULTIPLE times where a player has held down deliberately in the final minutes of the game and they've been penalised and sin binned

The issue here is certainly the rule, but also the referee who didnt have the balls to pull that trigger

Frailty

First Grade
There have been MULTIPLE times where a player has held down deliberately in the final minutes of the game and they've been penalised and sin binned

The issue here is certainly the rule, but also the referee who didnt have the balls to pull that trigger
Have any examples? Because I can give you many more where they haven't.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Bit harsh on Jacky. The conditions were atrocious. 100% right on Rickys geniused bench though.

He legit gives us no chance.

Here is an interesting bit of trivia. Over on the gh we do a player of the year poll like all team forums do. If tapine gets man of the match this week (and he's leading currently) he is 24 points ahead of second with only 24 points available.

I'd like to see tapine move to maybe lock because his ball playing is decent and us him like the panthers use the lock position but stick is so old fashioned

But as much as I love tapine if a prop is winning like 75% of the motm awards and has an unbeatable lead with 8 rounds to go it means the spine isn't doing enough

Latest posts