What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R16 Sun - St Geo Illa 12-10 Canberra @ WIN

Round 16: St Geo Illa v Canberra

• St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nick87

Coach
Have any examples? Because I can give you many more where they haven't.
Found two extremely good examples.

Round 11
Sharks v Titans
Nicho Hynes sin binned 79:58 for deliberately holding down to waste time

Round 15
Cowboys v Manly
Cohen Hess sin binned 79:58 for deliberately holding down to waste time

So it definitely an option available to the referee for instances such as this

Last edited:
Found two extremely good examples.

Round 11
Sharks v Titans
Nicho Hynes sin binned 79:58 for deliberately holding down to waste time

Round 15
Cowboys v Manly
Cohen Hess sin binned 79:58 for deliberately holding down to waste time

So it definitely an option available to the referee for instances such as this
then gough is a balless tosser & not up to NRL standard

Hes a Qlder , so back to the intrust super cup you go buddy & good riddance

2010Dragons

Bench
Interesting little aside…

Back in round 5, Titans vs Eels, a couple of times the Titans players held down deliberately so that they could challenge a decision. The referee warned them that if they lost a challenge they would be sent to the sin bin because a deliberate hold down was a professional foul.

The referee in question? A bloke named Peter Gough.
Peter Gough is the most home town referee in the NRL. Last year in the Magic round in Brisbane. This pelican of a referee caned the Dragons and sent off two of our players. He loves controversy and the lime light.
I've mentioned it plenty of times before Peter Gough is not at NRL referee standards and at best could just referee school boys or park footy.
Without me being bias, Hunt was square at the marker but should have been penalized for holding down the raider's player and sent to the bin. Gough loves to end games in controversy. It's his trademark. If you don't believe me just watch a few of his previous games and you will see what I mean.

A good referee who called a good game, should only be heard but never seen in the game.
Gough loves watching himself on the big screen.

nick87

Coach
Also worth noting, i dont actually care that much
because i dont believe this raiders team was making the finals with or without winning this game and even if they did, they were at no risk of beating anyone

We're a very poorly coached and frankly untalented football team in the key positions. There is no structure or plan in attack and the lack of ball playing in the team is staggering. So ultimately this shit doesnt matter a lot other than, we simply cant allow this nonsense to decide games that do matter

nick87

Coach
Without me being bias, Hunt was square at the marker but should have been penalized for holding down the raider's player and sent to the bin.
100%
He was square enough for me, maybe technically he might not have been perfect but we're not breaking out set squares here each ruck, he was plenty good enough imo to be deemed onside.
Starling took an age to try and get rid of the footy. No problem with that whatsoever

Everything prior, that's the issue.

Danish

Referee
Hopefully we are about 5 seasons away from the en dog the stupid 6 again rule. Every year they’ll find another blatant example of it being rorted by defence and revert those particular examples back to penalties, till eventually everything will be a penalty again.

If they want a left field top ball solution, at the very least any 6 again or penalty conceded should allow the receiving team to play out the set I.e. allow the raiders to play out the full fresh set they were awarded even after time expired.

either way, the annesley presser should be a cracker tomorrow

lets not lose sight of how poor the raiders were tho , dreadful
inept & clueless
Tapine was a standout ... again
Wighton put in a performance for the ages , he has bad in him but that was comically awful , no selection issues for freddy now because if they pick simple jack they're taking the piss

Fogerty was dissapointing , was a game made for a kicking half & he did nothing .. was way to shallow getting the ball so no opportunity to get any decent kicks away but thats on him .. adjust get the ball where the team needs it .. thats your job.

Pappa looks a bit off atm
Starling is having no impact & as has been pointed out was asleep at the wheel on that final PTB
Horsborough & Sutton were outstanding
Everyone else went ok , Rapa a few brain snaps
a few drop balls here & there but generally that was the 2nd game in 3, we had the opposition on toast & had no idea how to finish them off.
Our coach was one of the games best , the best .. at killing teams all by himself in those circumstances
he'd torment them , grind them , put them to the sword.
How he can't impart some , or it seems any ..of that ability on halves he coaches is a mystery

nick87

Coach
A man must have a code
and my code is to never EVER lose sight of how poor the Raiders were

Hopefully we are about 5 seasons away from the en dog the stupid 6 again rule. Every year they’ll find another blatant example of it being rorted by defence and revert those particular examples back to penalties, till eventually everything will be a penalty again.

If they want a left field top ball solution, at the very least any 6 again or penalty conceded should allow the receiving team to play out the set I.e. allow the raiders to play out the full fresh set they were awarded even after time expired.

either way, the annesley presser should be a cracker tomorrow
how about you just keep adding them on to where ever they were in the set

so
a 2nd tackle 6 again makes it 10 to go the 4 you had , & 6 more

if you get another one on say the 8th
you get another 8 .. 2 you had & the other 6
& play continues past the H/T or F/T siren until they're complete unless there is an error by the ball carrying side

nick87

Coach
It would get a little embarrassing when one of these clowns calls out 34th and last and realises he's not put anyone in the sin bin

Danish

Referee
how about you just keep adding them on to where ever they were in the set

so
a 2nd tackle 6 again makes it 10 to go the 4 you had , & 6 more

if you get another one on say the 8th
you get another 8 .. 2 you had & the other 6
& play continues past the H/T or F/T siren until they're complete unless there is an error by the ball carrying side

Love it. they can get the teacher from Breakfast club to promote this new rule

Spot On

Coach
So you now agree the ref got it right in Origin 2 when binning Kafusi. Good to see you've changed your mind.

Poor ‘ol Skeepey Weepey… he’s finally having a bet each way instead of continually backing losers?

Only when it suits him of course.

He needs to learn the rules of the game.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Then we go back to teams giving away penalties to set their line. Sadly we had the solution years ago. They started cracking down and binning players but the f**kwit media led by a rosy cheek alcoholic started a crusade against it.

Yep, lead by the Great Andrew Johns and Phil Gould.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Lol didn‘t notice this before, but not only does Hunt hold down, look how late he flops on.

Anyone saying it wasn’t a professional foul is deluded.

Lol, that would have been Tapine’s quickest play the ball for the match.

Latest posts