What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R16 Sun - St Geo Illa 12-10 Canberra @ WIN

Round 16: St Geo Illa v Canberra

• St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

St Tangles

Bench
Coen Hess was sin binned for a tackle he made 76 metres away from the f**king try line you simple f**king fool
Nicho Hynes was further from the try line than Tapine was.
Jesus wept. You are truly a f**king dumb motherf**ker.
I see the whinging is still going
Dumb people like you don't know that they are dumb

nick87

Coach
I see the whinging is still going
Dumb people like you don't know that they are dumb
SEVENTY METRES AWAY... that's a try scoring situation according to you, but 6 metres from the try line is not... And you've got the f**king balls to post this? How embarrassing. LOL

St Tangles

Bench
f**king BOLD chat from a guy who said this

This f**king guy! Both in try scoring situations as he references two plays further away from the try line than Tapine, one of which (Hess) f**king 70 metres + from the try line against a set defensive line

SEVENTY METRES PLUS! Lord have mercy, and he wants to lecture people on try scoring situations. What a time to be alive.
😆
If you think it's how far away from the tryline you are that makes it a try scoring situation there's no hope for you

nick87

Coach
Just to be clear, according to this brain dead idiot... this is NOT a try scoring situation

This is

EsOsWVk.png

The mind truly boggles at how f**king dumb this guy is

St Tangles

Bench
Just to be clear, according to this brain dead idiot... this is NOT a try scoring situation

This is

EsOsWVk.png

The mind truly boggles at how f**king dumb this guy is

I'm going to enjoy the win and move on
Better team won over the balance of the game

Last edited:

Tweed Titan

Bench
St Tangles obviously can't take his club blinkers off. Sad for him.

This happening fairly regularly just shows the alarming lack of game awareness some NRL referees have. Kudos for Klein having the guts to do it in origin game 2.

There needs to be a rule change where if there is an infringement in the last minute or two a penalty is conceded so the attacking team has the choice to kick, take the two or take the tap.

Otherwise the attacking team should be able to finish their set regardless of the game clock reaching 0 until no further infringements are conceded.

nick87

Coach
haha the old "rent free"... tell me you're 15 without telling me you're 15.
Moving on is best, champ. There is no coming back from trying to tell us being 75 metres away from the try line, against a set defence is a try scoring situation, but being 6 metres out isnt.

St Tangles

Bench
haha the old "rent free"... tell me you're 15 without telling me you're 15.
Moving on is best, champ. There is no coming back from trying to tell us being 75 metres away from the try line, against a set defence is a try scoring situation, but being 6 metres out isnt.
Oh to be 15 again
Geez if an internet forum.has no coming back from you must lead a sad life

nick87

Coach
Oh to be 15 again
Geez if an internet forum.has no coming back from you must lead a sad life

Thought you were moving on?
That didnt last long. Wanna try it again, champ. See if it takes better this time? Or would you rather explain to me how the Hess sin bin was a try scoring situation?

St Tangles

Bench
St Tangles obviously can't take his club blinkers off. Sad for him.

This happening fairly regularly just shows the alarming lack of game awareness some NRL referees have. Kudos for Klein having the guts to do it in origin game 2.

There needs to be a rule change where if there is an infringement in the last minute or two a penalty is conceded so the attacking team has the choice to kick, take the two or take the tap.

Otherwise the attacking team should be able to finish their set regardless of the game clock reaching 0 until no further infringements are conceded.
I just don't think we should isolate 1 decision in a match.
Plenty went the Raiders way in the match.
Taking out all the emotions I think the whole 6 again rule is a farce.

St Tangles

Bench
Thought you were moving on?
That didnt last long. Wanna try it again, champ. See if it takes better this time? Or would you rather explain to me how the Hess sin bin was a try scoring situation?
I can admit I ballsed that one up monumentally (only that one / everything else I was on the money)
I still think the better team won
And Ricky has alot more to worry about than a 79th minute non penalty

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
I can admit I ballsed that one up monumentally
I still think the better team won

You f**king bet you did! 😆

FWIW no one ever said the best team didnt win. However what's the better team got to do with it? The better team doesnt always win in sport. And who gives a shit what you *THINK* 😆
This isnt about what anyone thinks, it's about what factually occurred.

And it's rather simple, the referees screwed up. Everyone, including most saints fans can see and accept it, it's been conceded by the referee's boss (and according to him, he screwed up not once, not twice but THRICE!) and had the referee acted appropriately the Raiders would have been kicking from virtually right in front to take the game to golden point where they'd be playing a 12 man saints team

Im here to tell you the Raiders are absolutely f**ked enough to have lost from that position. But the point isnt who won or lost, because frankly neither my team or yours is worth a pinch of shit or will be troubling any real football teams when the whips are cracking, but that errors of his magatude can not be acceptable for our competition.

St Tangles

Bench
You f**king bet you did! 😆

FWIW no one ever said the best team didnt win. However what's the better team got to do with it? The better team doesnt always win in sport. And who gives a shit what you *THINK* 😆
This isnt about what anyone thinks, it's about what factually occurred.

And it's rather simple, the referees screwed up. Everyone, including most saints fans can see and accept it, it's been conceded by the referee's boss (and according to him, he screwed up not once, not twice but THRICE!) and had the referee acted appropriately the Raiders would have been kicking from virtually right in front to take the game to golden point where they'd be playing a 12 man saints team

Im here to tell you the Raiders are absolutely f**ked enough to have lost from that position. But the point isnt who won or lost, because frankly neither my team or yours is worth a pinch of shit or will be troubling any real football teams when the whips are cracking, but that errors of his magatude can not be acceptable for our competition.
We can agree on that neither team is giving the finals a nudge and our for and against gives us no hope

This Year?

Immortal
The media are absolutely loving the controversy and will milk it for all it's worth. This season feels like a lottery with ref calls and non calls. It's even crept into areas where we as fans thought it wouldn't eg obstruction.
In true NRL fashion the team that got dudded will get a free ride next week, while the team that gained will get reamed next week, unless you are the Storm or Panthers.

nick87

Coach
The media are absolutely loving the controversy and will milk it for all it's worth. This season feels like a lottery with ref calls and non calls. It's even crept into areas where we as fans thought it wouldn't eg obstruction.
In true NRL fashion the team that got dudded will get a free ride next week, while the team that gained will get reamed next week, unless you are the Storm or Panthers.

I honestly dont believe those teams get any more or less bad calls than any other... they just have larger margins of error because they're really f**king good!

They dont really put themselves in position to be f**ked by a 79th minute shit show from the officials. They've got the game in hand by then and if a bad call happens it disappears into the ether. Shit teams, who play shit close footy? they open themselves up to be exposed to this more than the others.

The officials are just overly burdened by very complexed rules, 6 again here and then this x,y,z but penalty there and now for a,b,c... this is a sin bin because it mets x,y, z, but this is not unless it has a,b,c.... it's an obstruction is it's 1,2,3 but it's not unless it has 4, 5 or 6
And half of these are judgement calls!

We're asking too much of them, and how we know it's too much is that they are routinely unable to reach the standard required.

Generalzod

Immortal
This six again rule as ruined rugby league, what happened to just awarding a penalty...Or a refs afraid of doing this.

Latest posts