What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R17 Fri - Newcastle 28-40 South Sydney @ McDonald Jones

Round 17: Newcastle v South Sydney

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 17
Newcastle Knights v South Sydney Rabbitohs
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Friday 8 July 2022

U21 Jersey Flegg 5:30pm -- NRL kickoff 7:55pm

NEW2022TEAM.png

1. Tex Hoy 2. Edrick Lee 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Dominic Young 6. Anthony Milford 7. Adam Clune 8. David Klemmer 9. Chris Randall 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Kurt Mann
14. Jayden Brailey 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Leo Thompson 17. Mathew Croker
18. Simi Sasagi 19. Pasami Saulo 20. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 21. Hymel Hunt 22. Jake Clifford

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Taane Milne 4. Isaiah Tass 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Siliva Havili 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jed Cartwright 13. Mark Nicholls
14. Kodi Nikorima 15. Blake Taaffe 16. Michael Chee Kam 17. Davvy Moale
18. Daniel Suluka-Fifita 19. Ben Lovett 20. Richard Kennar 21. Shaq Mitchell 22. Dean Hawkins

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Todd Smith
Sideline Officials: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Wyatt Raymond
Video Referee: Ashley Klein

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Newcastle v Souths at McDonald Jones, Friday - Flegg 5:30pm
Newcastle v Souths at St John Oval, Saturday - Cup 2pm​

Last edited:

yobbo84

First Grade
Our weakest position depth wise is the back row, and with Arrow and Murray missing, we'll be weak there. Peter Mamouzelos broke his hand last week too, so no backup for Cook. Expect Havili or Nikorima to play 9.

This will be a close one.

mozza91

Coach
Hopefully we have a crack.

Can’t see us winning, can definitely see the refs bending us over though. Even though Souths won’t need their help.

yobbo84

First Grade
Fair forward pack we have missing this weekend through injury or rep selection:

8. Hame Sele
9. Damien Cook
10. Liam Knight
11. Jacob Host
12. Jai Arrow
13. Cameron Murray

We ain't the Souths of previous years and with that much missing I'm not confident.

This Year?

Immortal
I think the Knights will win this given Souths outs. If somehow their replacements hold their own though, Cody and Latrell will have a field day.
Team list Tuesday will be very interesting.

yobbo84

First Grade
Campbell Graham also out and Mark Nicholls no certainty to return from his failed HIA last week.

Knights should be favourites.

Munky

Coach
Campbell Graham also out and Mark Nicholls no certainty to return from his failed HIA last week.

Knights should be favourites.

Surely you don't start Taaffe and Nikorima on the bench? Two small men is Ivan Cleary levels of poor bench selection.

yobbo84

First Grade
Surely you don't start Taaffe and Nikorima on the bench? Two small men is Ivan Cleary levels of poor bench selection.
Nicholls has been ruled out so I presume Havili plays lock, Nikorima 9 and Taaffe on the bench.. With a prop (Suluka-Fifita?) to come onto the bench

This Year?

Immortal
Congrats to Latrell on his captaincy. That's a huge honour for any player. I hope it sharpens his focus because his club will need it tonight.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So I went to kayo, rather than watch the pre game I went with Kayo recommendatio. Canada V Engalnd is womens lacrosse. I do not know the rules, but want to be in that crowd.

Bazal

Post Whore
So I went to kayo, rather than watch the pre game I went with Kayo recommendatio. Canada V Engalnd is womens lacrosse. I do not know the rules, but want to be in that crowd.

Lacrosse is heaps fun

Total bloodsport, but heaps fun