What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R18 Fri - North Qld 12-26 Cronulla @ Queensland Country Bank

Round 18: North Qld v Cronulla

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol Fitzgibbon wants the Sharks to slow the ruck down? Wasn’t it slow enough?
Look I know our teams are going in different directions this year but you need to accept that and control your biased hate.

It’s not our fault your team are a bunch of soft cocks who‘S only skill is to milk penalties and fake high contact. We all know if your coach wasn’t named Ricky Stuart with his record he would have been sent packing long ago.

Wow a lot here need to learn about the obstruction rule.

You can’t run ahead of the ball runner then stop in the line to prevent a tackle being made.

Obstruction 101.

blaza88z

Coach
There is so much stupidity on nearly every single one of your posts merkin, no one could even grasp where to begin ffs. JASON WOULD'VE SCORED REGARLESS YOU STUPID merkin, my point is was why did the Cowboys players put themselves in that position to create a block play? You really are clueless

Well said, very articulate.

Frailty

First Grade
I was out so couldn't watch the game. Will go back and watch as a whole game, but checked the highlights - its obstruction as soon as the support runner goes in front of the play and prevents a defenders ability to attempt a tackle. It's black and white.

skeepe

Immortal
Wow a lot here need to learn about the obstruction rule.

You can’t run ahead of the ball runner then stop in the line to prevent a tackle being made.

Obstruction 101.
What line? The defensive line had been passed long before that moment.

Robson was a support player. He was supporting the ball carrier. The ball carrier’s momentum was slowed by the defence, is Robson supposed to disappear? No, because he’s a support player. He’s not stopping in any “line” because the defensive line has already been breached.

It’s the wrong decision, plain and simple.

😅 since when has playing the game been a prerequisite to knowing the rules?
I'd say ole mate 4play saw an opportunity to make it appear he had a decorated rugby league career and ran with it. After draining his 3rd jug of gravy tonight that post made him feel better.

Robson was a support player. He was supporting the ball carrier. The ball carrier’s momentum was slowed by the defence, is Robson supposed to disappear? No, because he’s a support player. He’s not stopping in any “line” because the defensive line has already been breached.

Oh well stiff shit

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
FTR I reckon the Horse Shoe shaped stadium is the bomb.

Seriously cool, we got you without your origin fellas, see you the finals maybe.

Finals draw results and all that. I would be cool with a Cowboy Sharks GF.

Pennies have won, Melbourne have, for the sake of boredom find us some else, Maybe Souths or Parra.

I hope the Cowboys stay the course and get a home semi, the fans derserve it.

Still yet to survive a cyclone which will happen, hope the engineers did a great job.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

And in the course of supporting his player he ended up offside, that is in front of the ball carrier, no Robson cannot disapper, it is up to the ball carrier not to run at the gap created by Robson in the end over running the ball carrier and being offside and blocking defence.

If you like 20 - 12, but it was obstruction 101, onus on the ball carrier.

fourplay

Juniors
😅 since when has playing the game been a prerequisite to knowing the rules?

It's a lack of common sense understanding by applying a misconstrued black & white interpretation of a rule to a situation that it was never intended for.

Reactions: Vee

This Year?

Immortal
SOO robbed us of a genuine top 4 game. I thought the Cowboys done very well given their outs, but just lacked some polish and faded a bit in the last 20.
The Sharks defence was brutal and they hunted as a pack. I don't think many teams beat them last night.

Frailty

First Grade

As soon as someone says “he can’t just disappear”, their opinion devalues significantly.

Facts: Robson WAS a support player. Then he was in an offside position. Whilst in an offside position, he impedes a defensive player’s ability to make a tackle.
It’s very simple.

beave

Coach
Robson was in front at the time, case closed for mine.

NQ with a full strength should take care of the sharks IMO.