What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R18 Sat - Sydney 54-26 St Geo Illa @ Central Coast

Round 18: Sydney v St Geo Illa

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 18
Sydney Roosters v St George Illawarra Dragons
Central Coast Stadium, Gosford, Gosford (TICKETS)
Saturday 16 July 2022

U21 Jersey Flegg 12:45pm -- NRL kickoff 3pm

SYD2022TEAM.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Billy Smith 4. Paul Momirovski 5. Joseph Suaalii 6. Joseph Manu 7. Sam Walker 8. Lindsay Collins 9. Sam Verrills 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley 14. Connor Watson 15. Egan Butcher 16. Nat Butcher 17. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 18. Drew Hutchison 19. Matthew Lodge 20. Lachlan Lam 21. Fletcher Baker 22. Kevin Naiqama 23. Adam Keighran 24. Terrell May

SGI2022TEAM.png

1. Cody Ramsey 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Tautau Moga 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Jack Bird 12. Jaydn Su'A 13. Jack de Belin 14. Moses Mbye 15. Josh Kerr 16. Aaron Woods 17. Jaiyden Hunt 18. Michael Molo 19. Jayden Sullivan 20. Tyrell Sloan 21. Billy Burns 22. Josh Mcguire

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Wyatt Raymond
Video Referee: Ashley Klein

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Sydney v St Geo Illa at Central Coast, Saturday - Flegg 12:45pm
St Geo Illa v Norths at Collegians, Sunday - Cup 1pm​

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
Last season the Dragons lost 8 in a row to finish the season.
This season we could go one better.
Roosters will be starting their run and what better way to start it than racking up a big win against one of their biggest rivals.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I'm beyond convinced that the Drags will finish 8th and go out in a big time blaze in Week 1. The Sombreros are the only real threat to that, and I can see them winning here but not convincingly. The Drags will snag a win here or there between now and Round 25 which will see them sneak in.

This Year?

Immortal
I'm beyond convinced that the Drags will finish 8th and go out in a big time blaze in Week 1. The Sombreros are the only real threat to that, and I can see them winning here but not convincingly. The Drags will snag a win here or there between now and Round 25 which will see them sneak in.
Assuming the cutoff for the top 8 would be 26 with a decent F/A, I don't see how the Dragons win 4 of the next 8 games while wiping clean that F/A.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Assuming the cutoff for the top 8 would be 26 with a decent F/A, I don't see how the Dragons win 4 of the next 8 games while wiping clean that F/A.

Admittedly a lot of it depends on results for teams around you. If the Sombreros and Manly get into some purple patches for the remainder than you're probably f**ked, but my ladder predictor on current form I've got you sneaking in on competition points.

Regardless Round 24 and 25 are gonna be great to watch this year, cause the fights for 4th, 7th and 8th and dodging the spoon are gonna be as tight as a nuns snatch.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Interesting game to move to the central coast.

Dragons by 8.

Wallabies vs England being played at the SCG so this game was moved to the Central Coast.

Roosters strike rate at Gosford very average but should be up for this one. Looking forward to this game.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Wallabies vs England being played at the SCG so this game was moved to the Central Coast.

Roosters strike rate at Gosford very average but should be up for this one. Looking forward to this game.
I believe that decision was made before the Wallabies booked the ground.

Manly in round 2 was the original game scheduled for Gosford and for some reason that I can't remember, that couldn't happen.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I believe that decision was made before the Wallabies booked the ground.

Manly in round 2 was the original game scheduled for Gosford and for some reason that I can't remember, that couldn't happen.

Not sure , there was an A League match scheduled on the Saturday at Gosford so maybe the short turn around from the Roosters on Friday night could have been the reason.