What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R19 Fri - Newcastle 12-42 Sydney @ McDonald Jones

Round 19: Newcastle v Sydney

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 19
Newcastle Knights v Sydney Roosters
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Friday 22 July 2022

U21 Jersey Flegg 5:30pm -- NRL kickoff 7:55pm

NEW2022TEAM.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Edrick Lee 3. Dane Gagai 4. Enari Tuala 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Anthony Milford 7. Adam Clune 8. David Klemmer 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Mitchell Barnett 14. Kurt Mann 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Pasami Saulo 17. Brodie Jones 18. Leo Thompson 19. Phoenix Crossland 20. Tex Hoy 21. Dominic Young 22. Jake Clifford

SYD2022TEAM.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Joseph Manu 5. Joseph Suaalii 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Matthew Lodge 11. Angus Crichton 12. Nat Butcher 13. Victor Radley 14. Connor Watson 15. Egan Butcher 16. Drew Hutchison 17. Terrell May 18. Lachlan Lam 19. Naufahu Whyte 20. Adam Keighran 21. Ben Thomas 22. Kevin Naiqama

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Peter Gough
Sideline Officials: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Phil Henderson
Video Referee: Grant Atkins

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Newcastle v St Geo Illa at McDonald Jones, Friday - Flegg 5:30pm
Newcastle v St Geo Illa at St John Oval, Saturday - Cup 2pm
Newtown v Norths at Henson, Saturday - Cup 3pm
Sydney v Cronulla at Waverley, Sunday - Flegg 3pm​

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Rorters are well placed to go on a run here, and the Knights are over and out for this year. Big score coming up.

Valheru

Coach
Our attack started to click a little last week but one would think defence will be the focus this week.

Ironically, that defensive effort was worse than the previous 4 games which were all losses. Conceding less than 26 points for the first time in a month would be nice.

yobbo84

First Grade
Surely Robinson doesn't move Manu. He's a comfortably better 5/8 than Keary in 2022. Also Keary and Walker just don't work together. I mean I hope he moves Manu, but he would be mad to.

Surely Robinson doesn't move Manu. He's a comfortably better 5/8 than Keary in 2022. Also Keary and Walker just don't work together. I mean I hope he moves Manu, but he would be mad to.

Problem is that, with losing Billy Smith for the season with another ACL injury, it does not leave many options to replace him in the centres outside of Kevin Naiqama or Manu. Additionally Keary has played all his games this season at halfback, Walker was at five eight until Keary got injured. That's why there is so much speculation about what Trent Robinson will do for Friday's game.

yobbo84

First Grade
Problem is that, with losing Billy Smith for the season with another ACL injury, it does not leave many options to replace him in the centres outside of Kevin Naiqama or Manu. Additionally Keary has played all his games this season at halfback, Walker was at five eight until Keary got injured. That's why there is so much speculation about what Trent Robinson will do for Friday's game.
Joseph Suaalii is a centre/fullback playing on the wing. I'd put him at centre and whoever on the wing.

Whatever they go with I hope they stink it up and Newcastle can pull one out of the hat for the good of the NRL.

Valheru

Coach
I have a sneaking suspicion Manu will be FB this week. Teddy will need a rest at some point and this looks like the best opportunity,

Valheru

Coach
Joseph Suaalii is a centre/fullback playing on the wing. I'd put him at centre and whoever on the wing.

Whatever they go with I hope they stink it up and Newcastle can pull one out of the hat for the good of the NRL.
You would have to be insane to move Sualli from the wing at this point in time. He is progressing perfectly, does the hard yards from the back and is a huge aerial threat.

Naqaima on the wing? Sorry but no thanks. He's been shown up too many times when he's played there. He and Momorovski have been poor defenders this year.