What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R2 Fri - St Geo Illa 16-20 Penrith @ Netstrata Jubilee

Round 2: St Geo Illa v Penrith

• St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sutton is the reason people don't go to the footy.
I feel sorry for the ref there. Both coaches and teams push the boundaries; he either blows the pea out of the whistle (and he gets canned) or he doesn’t (and gets canned).

Its the cynical play by the teams why people don’t go to the footy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They broke up ages ago
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

GongPanther

Referee
Congrats Panthers. I have no idea why they just tanked the 2nd half. Saints were their own worst enemas yet again.
Like fangs said, no To'o and no JFH for the entire 2nd half. We looked clunky because of other certain changes. Some out of character errors from Kiks and Edwards kept the Dragons right in this.

It really came down to the better squad with the better defensive gumption.

All in all, it was a good game for the neutrals, and the Dragons will be seeing semis footie from what I've observed.

super_coach

First Grade
The wrestle is back, Penrith have taken it to a new level. They slowed the Dragons play the ball down to snails pace and the ref did not do a thing. As usual nothing will be done

Pantherjim.

Referee
Very lucky to win that.

We took our foot off the accelerator and let them back in to the game in the 2nd half.

Hope they’ve learned the lesson.

Won’t be able to afford that sort of performance against the Knights next week without Cleary

Kilkenny

Coach
Very lucky to win that.

We took our foot off the accelerator and let them back in to the game in the 2nd half.

Hope they’ve learned the lesson.

Won’t be able to afford that sort of performance against the Knights next week without Cleary
Yes and no. I didn’t think we slackened off just the dragons we’re much better than us in the 2nd period,

Saxon

Bench
I feel sorry for the ref there. Both coaches and teams push the boundaries; he either blows the pea out of the whistle (and he gets canned) or he doesn’t (and gets canned).

Its the cynical play by the teams why people don’t go to the footy.
I don't feel sorry for the ref at all.

I feel sorry for us poor suckers who have to put up with inconsistency and poor decision making from these clowns.
It's not cynical play that's turning fans off, it's knowing that at any point your team's chances can be destroyed by - oh, I don't know - say a ref sinbinning a player for a tackle that was fractionally late and isn't high. A tackle that probably wasn't even worth a penalty.

The most common complaints about the game these days are about the bunker (don't start me) and refereeing consistency. Why was A a sinbin and not B? What was that 6 again for? Side P have been lying all over the ruck all night, why suddenly penalise team D for exactly the same thing?

All we want from the refs is consistency and an understanding for the feel of the game; unfortunately the current refereeing system doesn't seem to encourage either.

mxlegend99

Referee
Our pack depth sucks. Lucky to hang on with a mostly reserve grade bench. Kenny, Eisenhuth and Salmon all plodders playing much bigger minutes than we would have wanted. Really looked trash with SOS not doing his job well this week and losing JFH and To'o.

The 14 point margin at halftime i joked to the person I was watching with that was when hook teams started playing footy. Didnt expect it to be the case again last night. But it was.

Dragons are definitely much better this year. Although still didnt identify the areas they could easily carve us up and exploit them. They could have won that easily

Vic Mackey

Referee
I dont get the controversy, I get there were a lot of big calls but I honestly thought every single one was correct. The Sua sin binning was harsh but otherwise ref and bunker nailed them all.

Like Storm on Thursday the Panthers bumbled and stumbed their way to a much closer then should have been victory. I didnt relaise JFH didnt come back on. If they go into next week without Cleary, Leota, Too and him then they are hugley ripe for the picking.

If the Dragons held the ball in the second half they probably win. I dont know what to make of their side. The entire roster seems to be over the hill veterens or talented young kids with nothing in between. They could come anywhere from 6th-last and it wouldnt surprise me.

The_Frog

First Grade
Yes and no. I didn’t think we slackened off just the dragons we’re much better than us in the 2nd period,
No authority whatsoever in the middle in the back end of the game with JFH off and Leota out. Yeo toiled manfully but we were outgunned up front. The defence that won us a premiership got us home. Dragons will look back on this game as one that got away, they could easily have won.

I don't feel sorry for the ref at all.

I feel sorry for us poor suckers who have to put up with inconsistency and poor decision making from these clowns.
It's not cynical play that's turning fans off, it's knowing that at any point your team's chances can be destroyed by - oh, I don't know - say a ref sinbinning a player for a tackle that was fractionally late and isn't high. A tackle that probably wasn't even worth a penalty.

The most common complaints about the game these days are about the bunker (don't start me) and refereeing consistency. Why was A a sinbin and not B? What was that 6 again for? Side P have been lying all over the ruck all night, why suddenly penalise team D for exactly the same thing?

All we want from the refs is consistency and an understanding for the feel of the game; unfortunately the current refereeing system doesn't seem to encourage either.
I also got frustrated by the ruck, but for me I was yelling why is Team D allowed to lay all over Team P. But I am a fan of Team P.

You do realise that fan is short for fanatic don’t you?

I dont get the controversy, I get there were a lot of big calls but I honestly thought every single one was correct. The Sua sin binning was harsh but otherwise ref and bunker nailed them all.

I agree but the ruck was messy all night, from both teams. The night before was the same. Seems like the refs are going to be less diligent in this area this year.

So it seems like the talking heads have got there way following all the ‘blowouts’. And Jesus wept.

Latest posts