What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R2 Thu - Melbourne 15-14* South Sydney @ AAMI

Round 2: Melbourne v South Sydney

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 2
Melbourne Storm v South Sydney Rabbitohs
AAMI Park, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Thursday 17 March 2022

Jersey Flegg Cup 5:30pm -- NRL kickoff 8:05pm

MEL2022TEAM.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Dean Ieremia 3. Reimis Smith 4. Justin Olam 5. Xavier Coates 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Harry Grant 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Josh King
Interchange: 14. Tyran Wishart 15. Alec MacDonald 16. Trent Loiero 17. Tepai Moeroa 18. Chris Lewis 19. Nick Meaney 20. Bronson Garlick 21. Jayden Nikorima 22. Jonah Pezet 23. Jack Howarth 24. William Warbrick

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Jaxson Paulo 4. Campbell Graham 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Mark Nicholls 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Cameron Murray
Interchange: 14. Jacob Host 15. Siliva Havili 16. Thomas Burgess 17. Michael Chee Kam 18. Davvy Moale 19. Josh Mansour 20. Liam Knight 21. Richard Kennar 22. Peter Mamouzelos 23. Isaiah Tass 24. Dean Hawkins

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referee: Grant Atkins

- Lower Grades: QLD Cup & Colts U21 - Times AEST
Tweed v Brisbane at Piggabeen, Cup: Saturday 3:30pm
Redcliffe v Falcons at Moreton Daily, Cup: Saturday 6:00pm
Colts season kickoff 2 April

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 - Times AEDT
Victoria v Souths at AAMI, Flegg: Thu 5:30pm
Mounties v Souths at Aubrey Keech, Cup: Sun 3:00pm​

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Interested to see how Melbourne hold up with their injury toll but with Munster and Grant back in the side you would think that would offset their losses enough to win.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Time for Melbourne to do what they do best and unearth two no name replacements who look like world beaters! Gutted for Welch, doesn't deserve that. This will be close and Souths may just pip it.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
NAS with more minutes means more possesion and penalties for souffs. Could be the difference

moffla

Bench
Absolutely hanging for this one. Been a while!

Reckon we will get the job done - We will have a very strong spine with Munster and Grant returning...no more injuries though please.

This Year?

Immortal
Sadly Storm by 20+. Wouldn't be surprised at all if a certain thread will be warmed up during the game.

roofromoz

First Grade
Out of my normal daily routine which involves a high number of acts of idiocy, one has been me tipping Souffs.

soc123_au

Staff member
I cant see Souths getting close here. Their window slammed shut when they let Reynolds walk.

yobbo84

First Grade
I cant see Souths getting close here. Their window slammed shut when they let Reynolds walk.

I agree our window is shut and we're rebuilding but I find it odd that Reyno has been so maligned on here, and a lot of places, for being "one dimensional" and no great player. As soon as he signs with the Broncos he's the next immortal. Shrugs.

I feel our window is shut more from 4 consecutive seasons of being final 4 without anything to show for it. Even with Reyno we couldn't get it done.

Anyway - keen to see how we go tonight. We don't win in Melbourne, so just hoping for high completions and a solid defensive effort.

soc123_au

Staff member
I agree our window is shut and we're rebuilding but I find it odd that Reyno has been so maligned on here, and a lot of places, for being "one dimensional" and no great player. As soon as he signs with the Broncos he's the next immortal. Shrugs.

I feel our window is shut more from 4 consecutive seasons of being final 4 without anything to show for it. Even with Reyno we couldn't get it done.

Anyway - keen to see how we go tonight. We don't win in Melbourne, so just hoping for high completions and a solid defensive effort.
Reynolds is pretty one dimensional. But he suits the structure of your team. In that setting he could play to his strengths and leave the highlight reel stuff for Cody and Latrell. Him leaving costs you a well above average kicking game each week, plus reduces the effectiveness of Walker and to a lesser extent Latrell. Cody couldnt organise a piss up at Rothfields joint. Thats not a slight, it's just not how he plays. Same as with Luai, take away his controlling half and it's just hopeless.

I think he will improve the Broncos, but still not to the same extent as what he bought at Souths. All the pieces of the puzzle just worked at Souths, now they just dont balance.

Exsilium

First Grade
I hope Latrell keeps it together and doesn't do anything stupid. It would be easy for him to slip up given he feels he has nothing he needs to change about his playing style.

Latest posts