What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R2 Thu - Melbourne 15-14* South Sydney @ AAMI

Round 2: Melbourne v South Sydney

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Screenshot-2022-03-17-21-49-40-41-overlay.png

Pantherjim.

Referee
LOL.....if Ivan coached 500 games with a 70% win record, I think there would be quite a few whinges if the NRL did nothing. I like that our game celebrates champions.....compared to other sports, we have not done it enough in the past.

You do realise that the Storm have been caught cheating the cap from 2006 - 2010? That would place a considerable dent in Bellyache’s coaching performance and subsequent triumph’s claimed, wouldn’t you agree?

This Year?

Immortal
Congrats to Bellamy for 500 games as coach. To be able to ride the highs of premierships and the lows of salary cap breaches, negative tactics etc to bring a club pretty much from the brink to one of the highest memberships is quite an achievement.

Seeing his reactions during any game is thoroughly entertaining as a fan, but the background work would be next level. He has rescued so many players careers and moulded future immortals.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
You do realise that the Storm have been caught cheating the cap from 2006 - 2010? That would place a considerable dent in Bellyache’s coaching performance and subsequent triumph’s claimed, wouldn’t you agree?
500 is 500...their club has every right to celebrate their achievements. I hate Ivan Cleary's guts....but if Penrith want to celebrate him for something, go for it.

Wizardman

First Grade
Get over it. 500 games in charge deserves to be celebrated - I hope we see more of it
As a sport, we have done precious little of this compared to other popular sports on the planet. Im happy for clubs to honour their own. As a Tiger fan, I can absolutely respect and admire the Storm for the way they conduct their business on and off the park.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Get over it. 500 games in charge deserves to be celebrated - I hope we see more of it

Cheated seasons between 2006-2010 and NRL - stripped premierships and minor premierships as a consequence isn’t worth a mention then I guess? Hahahahahahahahaha!

Pantherjim.

Referee
I mean last week, if Penrith had only beaten a full strength Manly side, by a field goal minus Nathan Cleary, how much cock-sucking would we have been afforded by Channel Nein and the NRL? It hardly would have been close to what the Storm had enjoyed tonight, yet we flogged the Sea Eagles even without Cleary!

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
I mean last week, if Penrith had only beaten a full strength Manly side, by a field goal minus Nathan Cleary, how much cock-sucking would we have been afforded by Channel Nein and the NRL? It hardly would have been close to what the Storm had enjoyed, yet we flogged the Sea Eagles even without Cleary!
Man......did you swallow a lemon tonight? It is a CLUB celebration! Clubs can do whatever the f**k they want in their game day program.

soc123_au

Staff member
Bellamy gets paid to win games. He is great at his job regardless of how much his tactics are questionable. He is also great value to watch in the box. If the press the red button for a different camera angle was still a thing I'd have Martina cam running in the corner every game.

I'll miss him when he gives it away. He actually seems a pretty good bloke too when away from the footy field.

yobbo84

First Grade
Watched the game on delay. That's the worst we've looked in 6 years. Luckily Melb also had an off night.

Fitting for Bellamy's 500th they played their typical rule-bending, cynical, envelope pushing tactics all night. Very effective, awful for Rugby League.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Hahahahahahahaha! The Melbourne Storm, Salary cap cheats between 2006-2010! Ban me for this factual revelation Mods, I dare you!