What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R22 Fri - Parramatta 0-26 South Sydney @ CommBank

Round 22: Parramatta v South Sydney

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
Something is cooking in Redfern. Our best game of the season, part of an overall great run of form. Over the last 2 months we are the best team in the comp.

I have a general presumption against picking the reigning premiers to go back to back. It hardly ever happens. You then look at teams 2-8 on the ladder, I think any of them could be there at the big dance. And I think our chances right now are looking as good as anybody.

Sphagnum

Coach
Something is cooking in Redfern. Our best game of the season, part of an overall great run of form. Over the last 2 months we are the best team in the comp.

I have a general presumption against picking the reigning premiers to go back to back. It hardly ever happens. You then look at teams 2-8 on the ladder, I think any of them could be there at the big dance. And I think our chances right now are looking as good as anybody.
You’ve beaten the bottom 4 teams. Parra twice and the storm who were hopelessly out of form.

Lost to cronulla and the dragons (lol)

I actually can’t believe they’re not 2s on in the premiership market

The Rosco

Bench
Souths gotta be premiership favourites after this display
Don't talk your team up.
They got beat by Weststigers and the Dogs.
Your team has zero credibility. April Premiers.
Rhyno, has it sunk in yet ? . . . .
Hello darkness my old friend, I've come to talk with you again . . .

The hard thing about being Premiers is the week to week grind, not at the business Ned of the season.

Latrell has played 11 matches in 2022 and we have only lost 1 of those in regulation time.

Our only losses with Latrell have been to Penrith at Penrith, Melbourne in Melbourne in golden point, and Cronulla at Shark Park in golden point.

Obviously his ability to stay on the field is key to how far we go in 2022.
Good luck with that.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The hard thing about being Premiers is the week to week grind, not at the business Ned of the season.
The grind contributes to why so few have gone all the way twice in a row. Even the Storm with their magic cap were never able to do it. When every week every team lifts and is keen to play their best against you, having that target on your back makes the whole season more of a slog. Then there's motivation. Of course I know every Panthers players wants to win again, but that deep craving hunger...if it is reduced by just 1% it can be the difference between winning or losing a final.