What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R23 Thu - South Sydney 22-26 Penrith @ Accor

Round 23: South Sydney v Penrith

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 23
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Penrith Panthers
Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Thursday 18 August 2022

NSW Cup 5:25pm -- NRL kickoff 7:50pm (9/Fox/Kayo)

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Daniel Suluka-Fifita 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Cameron Murray 14. Taane Milne 15. Mark Nicholls 16. Siliva Havili 17. Hame Sele 18. Blake Taaffe 19. Dean Hawkins 20. Davvy Moale 21. Shaq Mitchell 22. Izaac Thompson

PEN2022TEAM.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Sunia Turuva 3. Izack Tago 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jaeman Salmon 7. Sean O'Sullivan 8. Moses Leota 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Matt Eisenhuth 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Mitch Kenny 15. Scott Sorensen 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Charlie Staines 18. Robert Jennings 19. J'maine Hopgood 20. Taylan May 21. Chris Smith 22. Kurt Falls

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: David Munro, Darian Furner
Video Referee: Ashley Klein

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Souths v Penrith at Accor, Thursday - Cup 5:25pm
Souths v Penrith at Redfern, Sunday - Flegg TBC​

Last edited:

yobbo84

First Grade
Big match. It's taken us 7 weeks to crawl up the ladder from 7th to 5th. A loss on Thursday and in one fell swoop we could be back down to 8th and only 2 points ahead of 9th. Crucial that we win.

You don't want to lose to a team that's going to be 5x better come finals.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Big match. It's taken us 7 weeks to crawl up the ladder from 7th to 5th. A loss on Thursday and in one fell swoop we could be back down to 8th and only 2 points ahead of 9th. Crucial that we win.

You don't want to lose to a team that's going to be 5x better come finals.
I don't think you've got too much to worry about with the side the Panthers will be able to put out. Complacency is your biggest threat.

Iamback

Coach
I don't think you've got too much to worry about with the side the Panthers will be able to put out. Complacency is your biggest threat.

Yeah we have guys we could rush back but I expect pretty much the same 17 to run out this week

This Year?

Immortal
Bunnies will do what the Storm did last week except it won't be a shutout.

Last edited:

yobbo84

First Grade
Correct me if I'm wrong, but of the named sides:

Rabbitohs - full strength minus Burgess and Host
Panthers - full strength minus Cleary, Luai, JFH and May

Obviously much bigger outs for the Panthers, but their forwards still look mighty impressive

I think Mitchell won't play. Should be a good game.

Munky

Coach
Correct me if I'm wrong, but of the named sides:

Rabbitohs - full strength minus Burgess and Host
Panthers - full strength minus Cleary, Luai, JFH and May

Obviously much bigger outs for the Panthers, but their forwards still look mighty impressive

I think Mitchell won't play. Should be a good game.

Ivan playing silly buggers.

I'll be shocked if Edwards and Martin play.

GongPanther

Referee
Yep, Souths will burn us out wide with Johnston scoring at least a hat-trick. If there is any hope, it will come from the same way when Parra won, and we handled that 2nd half, only to surprise everyone by beating Canberra away the very next week.

Will it happen again? Maybe not against Souths, but you have to think that the Panthers is a very good squad. And no, I'm not giving any more scores until the GF. 🤣

pantherz9103

First Grade
No real expectations this week against an in form Souths team. Just want to get through the game without more injuries or suspensions.

Exsilium

First Grade
South’s on their day are a very good team. Shame we cant be full strength but if we put in a good performance, I’d be happy.

A win and it’ll go a long way toward having finals confidence. A loss and we could continue to slide.

Penrith by 4