What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R24 Fri - Penrith 46-12 Warriors @ BlueBet

Round 24: Penrith v Warriors

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Warriors

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
Lead with the leg so fair enough. Very lucky not to cause injury to himself or Yeo.

Panthers done that easily as expected. Luai and JFH will be happy to blow away some Cobwebs. Surprised Cleary didn't rest some of the other forwards like Leota and Leniu.

mxlegend99

Referee
That’s the worst penalty try I’ve ever seen

‘He pointed his toes’

Jesus Christ Bunker
The pointed toes are irrelevant. He tried using his leg to stop a try which is illegal. The pointed toes were the indicator it was intentional.

Which it clearly was. But you dont need to look at his toes to see that. He came in legs first. Intention should be irrelevant in those circumstances anyway

lockyno1

Post Whore
The pointed toes are irrelevant. He tried using his leg to stop a try which is illegal. The pointed toes were the indicator it was intentional.

Which it clearly was.

It is just ultra dangerous we don’t need blokes being taken out with boots, studs and what not. Just don’t do it. I don’t buy for one second they don’t know what they are doing these blokes are professional footballers, Walsh knew what he was doing

Vic Mackey

Referee

Which it clearly was. But you dont need to look at his toes to see that. He came in legs first. Intention should be irrelevant in those circumstances anyway

I don’t believe he tries to use his leg at all, his arm was the contact that dislodged the ball. The rule was brought in to stop the kicking out at the ball, this wasn’t close to that. Bunker is completely geniused.

gerg

Juniors
Why was that a try? Walsh knocked it out with his hand. You know it's wrong when half the Panthers players are standing around laughing at the decision.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Walsh was trying to get his feet in front so he could use all his upper body strength to hold up Yeo. There was no intention from him to dislodge the ball with his feet. But the bunker has been consistent with that ruling at least so I'm not that bothered by it.

The real issue is the forward pass, sorry tap on, that the bunker has decided it can suddenly rule on.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don’t believe he tries to use his leg at all, his arm was the contact that dislodged the ball. The rule was brought in to stop the kicking out at the ball, this wasn’t close to that. Bunker is completely geniused.
He did use his leg though. That's illegal. Intentional or not you can't come in legs first. It's pretty simple. His leg was what stopped Yeo arm from going over aswell. It clearly played part in denying the try.

Black Panther

Juniors
That rule is when you knock the ball out with your foot, not accidentally bump the arm with your calf
Mate, I think your 1 tooth got in the way.. Can’t lead with the legs to stop a try from being scored. Sour grapes still from last years GF…
Yeah, I know. If Latrell played you would’ve won…😂😂😂

Iamback

Coach
Why was that a try? Walsh knocked it out with his hand. You know it's wrong when half the Panthers players are standing around laughing at the decision.

ASHLEY KLEIN

simple really, the most useless referee

Latest posts