What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R25 Fri - Sydney 26-16 South Sydney @ Allianz

Round 25: Sydney v South Sydney

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was at the game tonight. DO NOT BELIEVE ALL THE PUBLICITY STATEMENTS ABOUT THE NEW ALLIANZ STADIUM AS THEY ARE NOT ALL ACCURATE!

I posted a lengthy critique in the "Future NRL Stadiums" thread in the NRL Forum. To not double post it, I'll just post a link to my post in that thread so you can read my criticisms of it. Link to post - https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/future-nrl-stadiums-part-ii.445841/post-15390924

You may find it a bit shocking to be honest.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Game didn't matter. A glorified training run. And yes I said that before the game and would have said it if we won anyway.

Rematch next week will be spectacular. I actually think the winner of it has a fair shot at being the 2nd highest contender after Penrith. I don't rate the 2-5 teams as any better than Souths and Easts at our best.

Next week's winner to make it to the big dance. You heard it here first.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Grade 1, a fine. I'm not convinced they should be fining blokes for spear tackles but good luck to him, he'll be sorely needed next week.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I originally thought it was an OK tackle but after seeing a replay his legs were def above his head. The big difference with this is he got straight back up and didn't lie down like a dog

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I was at the game tonight. DO NOT BELIEVE ALL THE PUBLICITY STATEMENTS ABOUT THE NEW ALLIANZ STADIUM AS THEY ARE NOT ALL ACCURATE!

I posted a lengthy critique in the "Future NRL Stadiums" thread in the NRL Forum. To not double post it, I'll just post a link to my post in that thread so you can read my criticisms of it. Link to post - https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/future-nrl-stadiums-part-ii.445841/post-15390924

You may find it a bit shocking to be honest.
You are right about the rain, but exaggerating quite a bit. We were in row E (5th from front) and got wet a little but not much.
As well the lines all you had to do was walk a little further and you have hardly any Queues and the same food/drinks.
We never queued for more than 3 minutes and that was at various times. We also noticed people lining up when same options were available not that far away.

You are right about the rain, but exaggerating quite a bit. We were in row E (5th from front) and got wet a little but not much.
As well the lines all you had to do was walk a little further and you have hardly any Queues and the same food/drinks.
We never queued for more than 3 minutes and that was at various times. We also noticed people lining up when same options were available not that far away.

You only got wet a "little bit" because it was only light showers/sprinkle. Sit in the same seats in heavy rain (like we got earlier this year) and then you will see. You will get soaked.

Just the publicity statements about the stadium were that all seats would be undercoiver, which implies (at least) they will not be exposed when it rains. That, at best, is erroneous.

Last edited:

westerntiger

Juniors
Australia can't even build ONE decent rectangular stadium...

And everyone blamed corruption for the failed FIFA World Cup bid.