What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R25 Fri - Sydney 26-16 South Sydney @ Allianz

Round 25: Sydney v South Sydney

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 25
Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Friday 2 September 2022

NRLW kickoff 5:40pm (9Gem/Fox/Kayo) -- NRL kickoff 7:55pm (9/Fox/Kayo)

SYD2022TEAM.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Paul Momirovski 3. Drew Hutchison 4. Joseph Manu 5. Joseph Suaalii 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Matthew Lodge 11. Angus Crichton 12. Nat Butcher 13. Siosiua Taukeiaho 14. Connor Watson 15. Egan Butcher 16. Fletcher Baker 17. Terrell May 18. Adam Keighran 19. Ben Thomas 20. Kevin Naiqama 21. Oliver Gildart 22. Siua Wong

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Jaxson Paulo 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Siliva Havili 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Cameron Murray 14. Peter Mamouzelos 15. Mark Nicholls 16. Hame Sele 17. Michael Chee Kam 18. Blake Taaffe 19. Kodi Nikorima 20. Davvy Moale 21. Richard Kennar 22. Josh Mansour

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Drew Oultram
Video Referee: Ashley Klein

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
North Sydney Bears / Sydney Roosters
NSW Cup finals - 2 v 3 Qualifying Final v Penrith, Sat, St Marys
Jersey Flegg finals - 1st, week off (play winner NEW-SGI next week)
South Sydney Rabbitohs
NSW Cup finals - did not qualify
Jersey Flegg finals - did not qualify​

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Apparently Albo is going to change isolation rules on Wednesday back to 5 days instead of 7.

this by no means has anything to do with his Souths fandom and wanting Cooky to play on Friday.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Funny ladder dynamics going into this one. If Parra wins on Friday then the result of this game on Saturday becomes irrelevant. It just turns into a chance for both teams to try and bash each other for 80 minutes to soften each other up for the rematch a week later.

If a team lacked morals they could bring in a few fringe nobodies and just order them to hunt the other teams stars. Bounties for injuries are not unheard of in other sports...

gerg

Juniors
I'm actually really excited to see a nice full stadium. Looks amazing. Watching Sports Sunday yesterday where they showed a brief promo and I was shocked to see Fitzsimmons talking it up. A man of real conviction that one.

Funny ladder dynamics going into this one. If Parra wins on Friday then the result of this game on Saturday becomes irrelevant. It just turns into a chance for both teams to try and bash each other for 80 minutes to soften each other up for the rematch a week later.

If a team lacked morals they could bring in a few fringe nobodies and just order them to hunt the other teams stars. Bounties for injuries are not unheard of in other sports...
Think we’re the Friday game, bud

yobbo84

First Grade
Seeing as most this thread will be sh*tposting, I'll post one actual footy related comment.

We have smashed the Roosters the last 4 matches every time based on the same thing - dominating them through the middle and then cutting them apart on the edges. Cam Murray in particular outshone Radley in particular every time he's played them (4 try assists, 2 linebreak assists, 2 tries, 2 linebreaks and 141 tackles for Murray in those 4 matches).

IMO it's been the Roosters achilles heel (that and dropping the ball on sets after scoring) since the end of 2019. A soft middle, the disappearing of the 'Bondi Wall' into a bunch of arm grabbers.

Unfortunately, they seem to have rectified that issue the last couple of months. If the Roosters hold their own in the middle, their back 3 will own us. The thought of Taane Milne potplanting while Sua'ali'i jumps over him worries me. But if Souths can win the middle, we can put another score on them because they won't be able to defend our shapes.

Whatever happens I just want the Storm to win because my health won't be able to handle another Rabbitohs v Roosters elimination final. Not after 2018 and (shudder) 2019.

Cockosh

Juniors
Will Klein or Sutton be ringing the souffs bell before kickoff?
1661758254319.png

Last edited:

Cockosh

Juniors
Souffs are a protected species. No one comes close to the leg ups they get. That’s why they struggle in finals. Cant play without the piggybacks.

Thursday and Friday derived from Nors gods Thor and Freya, Odin’s wife. Saturday, the Roman god Saturn. Not really similar. Monday came from Scott Morrison. Where ‘merkin-of-a-day’ came from, I believe
Your knowledge of various mythologies is impeccable.

Especially the mention of ScoMo.

Latest posts