What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R25 Thu - Parramatta 22-14 Melbourne @ CommBank

Round 25: Parramatta v Melbourne

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JamesRustle

First Grade
Can’t remember. I do know it was his last lol.

Who would’ve thought the guy behind Mahatma Cote wasn’t exactly enlightened when it came to racial stereotypes.
Thought it was Tony Greig, north Sydney oval, Sheffield shield game.

Danish

Referee
I had a great idea last night, I’ve slept on it, and I still think it needs to come to be.

Mitch Moses absolutely wrecking Bromwich needs to be immortalised with a need LU award - the Kenny Bromwich award.

the award shall be handed out whenever a big man gets his world rocked by a little guy.

this award could be posthumously awarded to SKD for getting taken off his feet by Chris Sandow, but it shall always be the Kenny Bromwich award.

we also need to pass the hat around and buy out Kenny’s contract so he can retire. There’s no coming back from that hit

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not to be this year for us unless we produce some miracles in playoffs. Time for a bit of a rebuild in the pack and backline for Storm. Hopefully pappa isn’t one of those great players whose career is ruined by injuries and is back to bolster us next year.

nöyd

Staff member
Thought it was Tony Greig, north Sydney oval, Sheffield shield game.

Greig fails to bowl maiden over

Doing his usual day job with former cricket captain, Mark Taylor, Greig and his crew panned their camera to the church opposite the North Sydney Oval. At the steps of St Mary's Church people were milling around the newly weds, Marlene Cases and Mark Zorn. Unknown to the couple, Greig made what apparently was an "innocent" comment about their wedding and specifically about the bride.

The image of an Asian woman marrying a white Australian triggered Greig to make an offensive and malicious 'leap of thought'. Talking to Taylor in their privileged booth, he blurted: "Lovely little bouquet there and have a look at the carnation in his lapel..." Referring back to the bride, Greig continued, "Do you think she's been flown in?"

For the many avid cricket fans accustomed to Greig's verbal antics, such comment is nothing out of the ordinary. He is often heard "joking" about the Pakistani and Indian players, so why not if it's a Filipina this time.

However, Marlene Cases Zorn is not laughing.​

JamesRustle

First Grade
Well done! Yep, it was disgraceful from Tony, even in 1999... was straight out racist and knew he was live. Should have been sacked on the spot.

King hit

Coach
Not to be this year for us unless we produce some miracles in playoffs. Time for a bit of a rebuild in the pack and backline for Storm. Hopefully pappa isn’t one of those great players whose career is ruined by injuries and is back to bolster us next year.
Honestly you blokes have been lucky to win as many games as you’ve had. I can remember a few Storm games this year where you won only through a missed kick, a dropped ball or a lucky try