What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R4 Fri - Penrith 26-12 South Sydney @ BlueBet

Round 4: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Just drove through Redfern. Not a single Rabbitohs jersey in sight.

I'm sure we will see some more on game day but if the fans aren't up for this then why will the players be?
I'm not sure where to check for population demographics, but I am quote sure Redfern is not the same Redfern from years ago. Properties adjacent to Redfern Park (north end) are going for millions. And I heard those housing towers at East Redfern have been getting emptied. All along South Dowling street, and streets further West, are all high priced RE.

So putting it in a nutshell, slowly people are getting pushed out the exact same way that happened to Paddington and Balmain.

roofromoz

First Grade
I'm not sure where to check for population demographics, but I am quote sure Redfern is not the same Redfern from years ago. Properties adjacent to Redfern Park (north end) are going for millions. And I heard those housing towers at East Redfern have been getting emptied. All along South Dowling street, and streets further West, are all high priced RE.

Can't speak for Redfern but further south around Mascot and Botany there seems to be a presence about it that says it's Bunnies territory.

GongPanther

Referee
If the Bunnies turn up to play, we might have a few problems, especially if the ref lets them out of their own end as easily as the Knights were let out last game. The Knights found holes in the left and right sides, expect Souths to try to follow suit.
What I think is a silver linging amongst these injuries is at least it hasn't been hot wether which has been kinder on the forwards.

Souths didn't impress me V Easts, and at the same time, we will be better prepared with the new players in having a game behind them in the top grade.

yobbo84

First Grade

So putting it in a nutshell, slowly people are getting pushed out the exact same way that happened to Paddington and Balmain.
Redfern is primarily hipsters now. Doubt any of them care for RL.

Botany/Maroubra/La Parouse/Matraville/Kingsford etc is primarily Souths territory now - thus Souths' moving their HQ to Heffron Park next year.

Iamback

Coach

Botany/Maroubra/La Parouse/Matraville/Kingsford etc is primarily Souths territory now - thus Souths' moving their HQ to Heffron Park next year.

There is large pockets of non RL fans popping up. All the new suburbs around Penrith is mainly people from the sub continent

BunniesMan

Immortal
Grand final rematch and it would not surprise me at all if these two teams play in this year's big dance as well.

The Panthers are still good and we are possibly the best 1-2 team in history. Two narrow losses against top 8 contenders, then a great win against another top team where we finally had our attack click to reward the outstanding defending we have showed every week.

Nobody picked us last week, we won. Nobody is picking us this week, I think we will win again.

pantherz9103

First Grade
i cant stand you panther scum, except for the intercept we win the GF, not you blow hards. Then i would have seen dad and dave crying like the year before. Your players need a dose of reality and it will come this Friday, so grab your ugly women, bring your KFC family bucket and get ready to be useless chocolate soldiers again.
If we didn't have multiple players carrying injuries it would have played out more like our 56-12 win in Dubbo from the middle of the year. That was beautiful viewing.

GongPanther

Referee

Thanks for that. In Maroubra I see. Are they building a centre of excellence such as ours?

GongPanther

Referee
Grand final rematch and it would not surprise me at all if these two teams play in this year's big dance as well.

The Panthers are still good and we are possibly the best 1-2 team in history. Two narrow losses against top 8 contenders, then a great win against another top team where we finally had our attack click to reward the outstanding defending we have showed every week.

Nobody picked us last week, we won. Nobody is picking us this week, I think we will win again.
Are you going BM?

GongPanther

Referee
With Rhyno tipping us and Goldenrod gracing us with his presence and tipping Souths, I think anyone with half a brain is betting everything they own on a draw.
RhynobJockey tipped against us all year in 2021. Should give him a Panther Life Membership.

Latest posts