What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R4 Fri - Penrith 26-12 South Sydney @ BlueBet

Round 4: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yobbo84

First Grade
What did you make of South's kicking in the second half?

Seemed to surrender possession on the last tackle rather than ask questions.
I think for Ilias' 5th game of first grade he is going very well. I think Cody has been Ben Hunt-ed and until he finds his mojo we will struggle.

We've had a tough opening month (Melb in Melb, Pen in Pen, Bris in Bris and Roosters at home), our season will take a while to build. If we didn't bottle that opening match in Brisbane we're 2-2 with one of those losses in golden point.

I'm not too concerned just yet.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I think for Ilias' 5th game of first grade he is going very well. I think Cody has been Ben Hunt-ed and until he finds his mojo we will struggle.

We've had a tough opening month (Melb in Melb, Pen in Pen, Bris in Bris and Roosters at home), our season will take a while to build. If we didn't bottle that opening match in Brisbane we're 2-2 with one of those losses in golden point.

Thought ilias freed up Cody a bit tonight, he flowed a bit lore freely. Panthers and ref too good

soc123_au

Staff member

Illias will be fine, hopefully no suspension incoming. The 8 point try was a fair call, but there was no malice in it.

Munky

Coach
We are now 43 wins and a draw from 48 regular season matches since the start of the 2020 season.

A stat worth noting as it is the equivalent of two full non shortened seasons of home and away games.

f**king insane 89.5% win rate and I'm glad as a fan I've got to see it.

yobbo84

First Grade
Illias will be fine, hopefully no suspension incoming. The 8 point try was a fair call, but there was no malice in it.
Absolute accident, any charge would be laughable. Should have been no try anyway for the same reason as Ilias' own try, Mago ran straight into his outside shoulder which is why he got there so late.

You still would have beaten us but a GF rematch should have the best ref. Klein was awful.

Smug Panther

First Grade
We are now 43 wins and a draw from 48 regular season matches since the start of the 2020 season.

A stat worth noting as it is the equivalent of two full non shortened seasons of home and away games.

We took our licks mate. Never though our club could be this consistently good

wittyfan

Referee
Ilias has the Rookie of the Year award for 2022 sewn up. Him and Moses would be dynamite in the halves for NSW!

GongPanther

Referee

You'll get there mate. Too good of a side in not to make the finals.

GongPanther

Referee

Wow! That is amazing. Great to be a Panther fan.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Souths put up a gallant fight but PENRITH’s systems are just too good right now and the boys are hungry to give the title another serious shake. I think with a certain number of players missing we’d have a drop off (arguably if Yeo was out it’s a bigger loss than Cleary) but Taylan May’s doing a fine job so far covering for To’o and while Leota’s a loss we are still making enough yardage and don’t miss him much.

Hopefully the wins keep coming because Origin will probably disrupt our momentum again so we want to keep racking up the wins pre Origin.

Our winning streaks and home record are pretty phenomenal and as a Panther fan whose seen more lean runs over 34 years than good ones, I’m savouring these good times.

martielang

Bench
Josiah Karapani is the one we're waiting for. Milne is just a place holder. I hope JD has watched how well May etc are going and just picks him early and lets him settle into first grade.

Worth moving Latrell to centre and Taafe to fullback?