What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R5 Fri - Warriors 25-24* North Qld @ Moreton Daily

Round 5: Warriors v North Qld

• Warriors

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Granville grubbering the ball dead and compounding it by wasting a Captain's Challenge on it when his halves were perfectly set up for a field goal sums up why he shouldn't play dummy half.

This Year?

Immortal
I just watched this and I almost fell asleep to the droning of Flanno and Speedy. That combination could deadset cause depression. Both these sides have defence like Jeff Stryker in a nudist communal shower.
Surely Payten has to be taking prozac after watching those deadshits throw the game away.

Munky

Coach
Granville grubbering the ball dead and compounding it by wasting a Captain's Challenge on it when his halves were perfectly set up for a field goal sums up why he shouldn't play dummy half.

Most bizarre play of the game.

Going for the try can be worth it (see PENRITH in the 03 GF) but kicking it dead is beyond a f**k up.

Hammer Time

Juniors
Yikes... who is going to ask those questions? Poor Todd looks intent on a murderous rampage after a loss.

I think the club had to pay out money to Green, and will progressively pay Morgan out his retirement money. There may be no appetite to pay out Payten as well, so we can only hope he and the players turn it around.

I think the club had to pay out money to Green, and will progressively pay Morgan out his retirement money. There may be no appetite to pay out Payten as well, so we can only hope he and the players turn it around.
There's no point sacking Payten. He's not the cause of our problems. Our problem is the players were lazy last night and didn't give a f**k. They never put their bodies on the line in defence and conceded four very soft tries.

Warriors were willing to concede ruck infringements whenever we were on the front foot. It allowed them to stifle our attack and get their defensive line sorted. The ref should have put one of them in the bin when they conceded three or four in a row, especially after three of ours were marched last week.

The only set restart I recall us giving away was on the last tackle around 40 metres from our line, which resulted in them scoring.

It was a dumb performance and the lack of energy and enthusiasm in extra time made me angry. I actually felt like changing the channel. If the team couldn't be bothered to put in an effort then the fans have every right to turn off. I don't mind seeing my team losing when they're outgunned, but last night was a disgraceful performance and a huge "f**k you" to the fans.

Most bizarre play of the game.

Going for the try can be worth it (see PENRITH in the 03 GF) but kicking it dead is beyond a f**k up.
Granville has cost us a few games with his rush of blood decisions. If I wad Payten I would put Granville in Queensland Cup for the rest of the year and play Drinkwater at dummy half or as a utility who comes off the bench for Robson.

Canard

Immortal
Granville has cost us a few games with his rush of blood decisions. If I wad Payten I would put Granville in Queensland Cup for the rest of the year and play Drinkwater at dummy half or as a utility who comes off the bench for Robson.
Drinky defending in the middle would be f**king tragic.

Hammer Time

Juniors

Granny played well for a contract extension last year. So far, it looks like he's played a year too long. Hopefully he finds form, or he ends up back in the Q-Cup.

Floodwaters

Juniors
800k a season for Chad Townsend is a laugh.

His no better then the guy that could have kept for 200k they let go to Newcastle.

Drinky defending in the middle would be f**king tragic.
Maybe so, but our attack will never spark with Granville offering terrible service from dummy half. His asset is his running game and defence. He does not have an accurate spiral pass and often misses his target. There's not much Townsend, Dearden, Drinkwater/Tabuai-Fidow can do when the service is slow and clunky. We didn't look like scoring when Robson left the field for Granville.

Granny played well for a contract extension last year. So far, it looks like he's played a year too long. Hopefully he finds form, or he ends up back in the Q-Cup.
Back in 2015 he was throwing passes that didn't hit his target. A dummy half who cannot pass is like a runner who has a serious limp.