What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R5 Sun - Canterbury 12-32 Penrith @ CommBank

Round 5: Canterbury v Penrith

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
Not the most polished win but it was a game we knew would never be a worry. The ex Panthers all played pretty well for the Dogs but as a team overall they just turned over the ball way too easily.

Hopefully it's more of an 80 minute effort next week from us because we've starved of an actual home game at Penrith Stadium against the Broncos since 2016 and we owe them a touch up or two.

GongPanther

Referee
Those who watch the lower grades seem to think his future is in the back row and I don’t get it, looks like he has pure centre’s feet to me.
After the past 3 years, I'm not arguing with the coaches' selections. He might end up in the back row to eventually make way for another one of our up and coming centers.

GongPanther

Referee
Him and Manu are the best players in the comp.

Turbo and Cleary next up.
IMO, Papshmear is a better player than Manu. Pap is a genuine real class player who wouldn't have looked out of place in the Easts 1974-75 sides.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Barrett is what.. early 40's?

Classic example of rushing into the first job that come up..

Should have bided his time as Penrith assistant and waited for a decent club with a decent roster to give him a go.. lets face it, he got kissed on the dick getting the Manly job at 39.. and blew that because he was worried about camping chairs.
5 letters...money. Lets be honest about it, an opportunity is shoved in your face, you have a future to deal with in securing for your family. Can't knock back an opportunity.

GongPanther

Referee
He was bad at Penrith with the under 20s.

How he got a gig at Manly I don't know
That year, with the talent we had and we didn't make the finals, a lot of people were pissed off with him. Same with ex-Parra centre Brett Kenny as he didn't last long.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Dufty has vacant depression written all over his face. Not a joke. And after what Lomax and Lowrie said in that Kayo interview.. I'm no shrink but that is concerning
I was feeling concern for him to a point that games like this, on top of the stuff coming from his ex-team mates, can be absolutely demoralizing. I hope he will be OK.

Latest posts