What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R6 Sun - St Geo Illa 21-16 Newcastle @ WIN

Round 6: St Geo Illa v Newcastle

• St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
After all the shit Ben Hunt has copped, he has never given up like a Milford, Darius or a Ponga.

He just is fated to play on some ordinary teams.

If he played behind the Storm pack he v would make Jarome Hughes look like Grant Rovelli
I remember watching him during a Broncos game in 2013 and thinking this guy was destined to be the next big thing.

As great as it was for the RL community to laugh at the Broncos after that 2015 GF, I felt rotten for Ben. Because unlike the other 3 Qld players you mentioned, Ben's biggest set-back has never been his attitude, it's been his confidence. If he had better luck in finals games with Brisbane and didn't then go on and join Mary's plod squad, maybe he could've played more games at the levels he's shown occasionally.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I remember watching him during a Broncos game in 2013 and thinking this guy was destined to be the next big thing.

As great as it was for the RL community to laugh at the Broncos after that 2015 GF, I felt rotten for Ben. Because unlike the other 3 Qld players you mentioned, Ben's biggest set-back has never been his attitude, it's been his confidence. If he had better luck in finals games with Brisbane and didn't then go on and join Mary's plod squad, maybe he could've played more games at the levels he's shown occasionally.
Hunt had a great 2018 with the Dragons. It wasn't until 2019 when Mary completely destroyed the squad by playing players out of position that everything went downhill. What McGregor did to that club was criminal.

Even so Hunt has still been their best player every year since.