What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R7 Sun - Penrith 36-6 Canberra @ BlueBet

Round 7: Penrith v Canberra

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol. Maybe pick 2 images where the ball is in the same spot in the ruck for any credibility.

Come on bro. The ref is standing about 15 metres away from the ruck in the first pic. How is that 10? Is he anticipating Taylan standing up and walking forward another 5 metres?

GongPanther

Referee
Wow. The old “I know you are, I said you are but what am I?” routine. I haven’t heard that since grade 4. Then again, that’s about when most out Penrith way leave school to become parents, so I’m not entirely surprised.
Whereas people living in the same abode in Canberra simply move from one bedroom to another to breed.😂😂😂

nick87

Coach
Bullshit. You gave two instances in regards to the ref and the 10 metres. Those two images were poor proof of your assertion.

It's 2 still frames of two rucks that dont mean a lot in the course of a game that has 200 rucks or some shit right
But ignore the players and the ruck... look at where the official is standing

you'd have to look at every play to see if that holds up, but it's a pretty significant disparty, no?

and to be clear, the refs could have had us line up next to the f**king play the ball and we'd have been soundly beaten. Im not even remotely saying the officating was a deciding factor in the game

GongPanther

Referee
It's 2 still frames of two rucks that dont mean a lot in the course of a game that has 200 rucks or some shit right
But ignore the players and the ruck... look at where the official is standing

you'd have to look at every play to see if that holds up, but it's a pretty significant disparty, no?

and to be clear, the refs could have had us line up next to the f**king play the ball and we'd have been soundly beaten. Im not even remotely saying the officating was a deciding factor in the game
Even if that is the case, one couldn't assert that the refs were one way in guessing the 10 for the whole contest. Get every play the ball photo shot frame that was the same as those two photos, and I'm sure it would even out over the 80 mins.

Why were just those two shots selected? Because it had to fit that poster's narrative.

nick87

Coach
Im less sure it would even out over the 80 minutes myself
I have the upmost admiration of the panthers and their line speed... but even they're not THAT good! haha.

But that's the game... when you dominate the game and the ruck, the way it's officated says you've "earned" the right to cut those corners. We'd get the same if we were the dominant team. We can debate about whether that's how the game SHOULD be officiated, but it is what it is.

Every team gets the the right to earn that advantage, and the panthers are just better than everyone else and earn it more. We benefited from the same thing in 2019 when we were a super dominant and aggressive defensive team

soc123_au

Staff member
Come on bro. The ref is standing about 15 metres away from the ruck in the first pic. How is that 10? Is he anticipating Taylan standing up and walking forward another 5 metres?
Quite a few Raiders in front of him too. Do you recall if we got a 6 again or a penalty on the play? The other pic the ball has been played, so hard to tell if we were offside or not.

I agree that your pic shows a huge 10, It would have more credibility if the shot was at the point the ball was being played though. May probably pinches a metre, ref may have moved forward by the time the ball is played.

I'll concede we have been getting a pretty good run from the officials lately. I'll take it after years of getting shafted. The penalty that got us to 14-6 was laughable.

nick87

Coach
I'll concede we have been getting a pretty good run from the officials lately. I'll take it after years of getting shafted. The penalty that got us to 14-6 was laughable.

I always find this interesting

Go and check the LU forum tape... panthers fans of 5 years ago would be as loud as anyone about how clubs like the roosters or melbourne get all the calls and they get f**ked..,. now they're good, it's like pulling hairs to get a panthers fan to admit they're having a nice time. No, no, no. They're just good now... but the Roosters or Storm of 2017 were getting unfair outcomes... but you guys! YOU have earned it!

fandom creates a strange sort of bunker mentality few can ever find a proper level. It's really interesting.
It's almost like bad teams bitch and deflect, and good teams gloat and preen, and the name plates can change but the behaviours are all the same haha

soc123_au

Staff member
I always find this interesting

Go and check the LU forum tape... panthers fans of 5 years ago would be as loud as anyone about how clubs like the roosters or melbourne get all the calls and they get f**ked..,. now they're good, it's like pulling hairs to get a panthers fan to admit they're having a nice time. No, no, no. They're just good now... but the Roosters or Storm of 2017 were getting unfair outcomes... but you guys! YOU have earned it!

fandom creates a strange sort of bunker mentality few can ever find a proper level. It's really interesting.
It's almost like bad teams bitch and deflect, and good teams gloat and preen, and the name plates can change but the behaviours are all the same haha
I admitted we are having a nice time in the post you quoted. It makes a nice change from the years of sodomy. I dont see an issue with acknowledging it and enjoying it at the same time.

nick87

Coach
I admitted we are having a nice time in the post you quoted. It makes a nice change from the years of sodomy. I dont see an issue with acknowledging it and enjoying it at the same time.

Sorry, i wasnt as clear as i'd liked to have been
the post interested me because your admission was rare to see and i got a little roll of sorts... i saw it rarely with Raiders fans during our ... breif... success... and i see it rarely with perennial power houses and i dont see it with panther fans either. It's just part of sports... when you're good, you get an edge on things... that's how it's always been

no one is stopping anyone from being good though, and anyone who is good gets that benefit.
the panthers are good. They get it. Im sure we got it in the early 90's... certainly we got it in 2019! It is what it is. Get good is my answer. But it's nice to see the occasional fan concede it.

soc123_au

Staff member
Sorry, i wasnt as clear as i'd liked to have been
the post interested me because your admission was rare to see and i got a little roll of sorts... i saw it rarely with Raiders fans during our ... breif... success... and i see it rarely with perennial power houses and i dont see it with panther fans either.
All good. I think most of us can admit it, we have our share of mouth breathers like most clubs, but a lot of the "smug" is just taking the piss and having fun while it lasts.

In a perfect world the officials would get it right, but we know that aint gonna happen. It's a weird feeling getting the rub on the 50/50s, still a way to go to hit Souffs 2014 level though.

Latest posts