What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R7 Sun - Penrith 36-6 Canberra @ BlueBet

Round 7: Penrith v Canberra

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
Listening to PENRITH fanboys Ennis and Smith for two hours was a punish I don't think I could endure again.

That was one of the best defensive performanes I've ever seen from an NRL team though.

Watching the Raiders tonight reminds me of the Melbourne trip for the last 2 decades. The harder you try, the saltier the inevitable loss gets.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
Listening to PENRITH fanboys Ennis and Smith for two hours was a punish I don't think I could endure again.

That was one of the best defensive performanes I've ever seen from an NRL team though.

Watching the Raiders tonight reminds me of the Melbourne trip for the last 2 decades. The harder you try, the saltier the inevitable loss gets.
At least Ennis has dropped his Dump Edwards for Crichton mantra, but not before making a complete twat of himself.

Quite a few Raiders in front of him too. Do you recall if we got a 6 again or a penalty on the play? The other pic the ball has been played, so hard to tell if we were offside or not.

I agree that your pic shows a huge 10, It would have more credibility if the shot was at the point the ball was being played though. May probably pinches a metre, ref may have moved forward by the time the ball is played.

I'll concede we have been getting a pretty good run from the officials lately. I'll take it after years of getting shafted. The penalty that got us to 14-6 was laughable.

There's no doubt you are a better team than us, but having to get back 15 metres early in the game certainly hurt us. As for the offside Raiders, Timoko is standing where the ref should be.

Taking the pics at the exact same spot in the ruck makes little difference, the ref is still 15 metres away for us and that's clear.

The_Frog

First Grade
There's no doubt you are a better team than us, but having to get back 15 metres early in the game certainly hurt us. As for the offside Raiders, Timoko is standing where the ref should be.

Taking the pics at the exact same spot in the ruck makes little difference, the ref is still 15 metres away for us and that's clear.
There's no doubt he's back 15, you see it on the replay too. Can't tell how often this happened because the defence line is not often shown in the vision that goes to air. Half the Raiders were in front of him anyway. I suspect Atkins lost his bearings.

You can be sure this will get a run on NRL 360 along with the stink at fulltime but not the Rapana push on Crichton.

There's no doubt he's back 15, you see it on the replay too. Can't tell how often this happened because the defence line is not often shown in the vision that goes to air. Half the Raiders were in front of him anyway. I suspect Atkins lost his bearings.

You can be sure this will get a run on NRL 360 along with the stink at fulltime but not the Rapana push on Crichton.

It is indeed not that common to get those wide shots which show the defensive line. That's why I couldn't quite take the pics with the ball in the same spot. Camera angles switch quickly away from wide shots.

soc123_au

Staff member

When I said the Raiders were offside, I meant in relation to where the ref was in shot. As far as the 10 goes they looked fine. If we got a restart or penalty on that play, then it would prove your point. Play on, not so much. I do agree with you that that the ref should be consistent on his positioning for the 10 metres for both sides. You would have to be at the ground to really know though.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Every chance you'll be a Raiders fan at that stage
I've been a Panther fan for 30+ years but I can tell you, even if Penrith in some alternate universe were ever merged or kicked out of the comp I'd never ever support the 'Bad and mean Green Machine' LOL. I'd never even considering living in Canberra with all the ferals down there which include more than just the pollies.