What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R9 Fri - Penrith 20-22 Parramatta @ BlueBet

Round 9: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
Andrew "PENRITH" Voss and Michael "Panther" Ennis rode the Panthers throughout the entire game in commentary while Shane Flanagan was the voice of reason. At times you'd think there was only on team on the field with the amount of bias coming from the commentary box. The resignation in their voices after the Eels scored back to back tries and the clock was winding down was glorious.

The icing on the cake was hearing Brandy giving credit to the Eels players.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Andrew "PENRITH" Voss and Michael "Panther" Ennis rode the Panthers throughout the entire game in commentary while Shane Flanagan was the voice of reason. At times you'd think there was only on team on the field with the amount of bias coming from the commentary box. The resignation in their voices after the Eels scored back to back tries and the clock was winding down was glorious.

The icing on the cake was hearing Brandy giving credit the Eels players.
Yes, yes i agree. My favourite part was when Brandy sounded like he'd just taken a bite out of a sloppy shit sandwich.

It made me do this quite a lot

Canard

Immortal
How's the ref stopping the clock on every tackle at the end of the game?

I've never seen that done ever before, and then to go over and "warn" Brown?

It was like he was told you must do everything possible to get the Panthers to win

The Rosco

Bench
What are feeling after 9rds storm and Penrith both only have one loss and they are both to Parra
. . who lost to Weststigers, that were coming stone motherless last at the time.

Pause for that to sink in.

I'd tell you to enjoy the win rhyno, but I see you already are.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
How's the ref stopping the clock on every tackle at the end of the game?

I've never seen that done ever before, and then to go over and "warn" Brown?

It was like he was told you must do everything possible to get the Panthers to win
Payten was right.

2010Dragons

Bench
Parra have shown all other teams the blueprint how to beat the Panthers. My beloved Dragons tried this style but just fell short of a win.
Rattle them with in your face defense. Rattle them with second phase play and quick offloads.
If the incompetent Referee Sutton and bunker boy Klien didn't have painted on eyes, Parra would have won the game convincingly.

Well played Parra...well played 👏👏👏

Iamback

Coach

The icing on the cake was hearing Brandy giving credit the Eels players.

Ennis is on the Parra coaching staff you numpty..

Some of you have salt clouding your thinking

Iamback

Coach
Parra have shown all other teams the blueprint how to beat the Panthers. My beloved Dragons tried this style but just fell short of a win.
Rattle them with in your face defense. Rattle them with second phase play and quick offloads.
If the incompetent Referee Sutton and bunker boy Klien didn't have painted on eyes, Parra would have won the game convincingly.

Well played Parra...well played 👏👏👏

The penalty try was 50/50 - should of been penalty and Bin

Before that Parra charged down a kick. Opacic was in front. Dived on it shouldn't of had the ball.

So while calls went our way. Plenty didn't

The referees have been terrible this year across the board. No team is being favoured over the rest

Canard

Immortal
The penalty try was 50/50 - should of been penalty and Bin

Before that Parra charged down a kick. Opacic was in front. Dived on it shouldn't of had the ball.

So while calls went our way. Plenty didn't

The referees have been terrible this year across the board. No team is being favoured over the rest
That penalty try couldn't have been clearer in my opinion.

Tackled of the ball in a try scoring position, and he ended up centimetres from scoring.

There is no way that's a 50/50

Iamback

Coach
That penalty try couldn't have been clearer in my opinion.

Tackled of the ball in a try scoring position, and he ended up centimetres from scoring.

There is no way that's a 50/50

Centimetres from the line isn't over the line though.

For me the player needs to get to the ingoal for it to be a penalty try.

Sin bin likely leads to a try anyway

Canard

Immortal
Centimetres from the line isn't over the line though.

For me the player needs to get to the ingoal for it to be a penalty try.

Sin bin likely leads to a try anyway
The NRL rulebook is

The Referee (or Review Officials) may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team. A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts irrespective of where the offence occurred.’
In goal has nothing to do with it

SDM

First Grade
There was only one clear cut incorrect decision which effected the game. It wasn't bias, it was incompetence, and it benefited the smug.

Iamback

Coach
The NRL rulebook is

In goal has nothing to do with it

There lies the issue.

They can use judgement there but no on obstruction

Bunker can come in for high shots. Yet can't for knock ons

The system is all kind of messed up

Iamback

Coach
There was only one clear cut incorrect decision which effected the game. It wasn't bias, it was incompetence, and it benefited the smug.

The chargedown offside led to a try

The hatred doesn't allow it to get mentioned

That is just the nature of the officials this year

Latest posts