What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Injuries and Suspensions

callmack1

Staff member
From Zero Tackle, this is fantastic news but I still don't want to see us rush Murray back,

Souths skipper ticking boxes on road to recovery

South Sydney skipper Cameron Murray is reportedly set to return to action sooner rather than later after being laid low with a shoulder complaint.

After sustaining the injury during the Rabbitohs' Round 9 loss to the Broncos, Murray spent Magic Round on the sidelines, missing his side's desperate 32-30 victory over the Warriors in the Sunshine State.

Though initial reports offered by club physio Eddie Farah claimed that the Blues representative could expect to sit out 3-4 weeks after undergoing a minor procedure on the ailing joint, Murray is said to have made significant ground in his recovery.

"Cam Murray's procedure went very well last week," Farah said earlier in the week.

"He had a procedure to clean out his shoulder. He is already back in rehab, feeling really good, much better already. He is starting the strengthening process and everything is healing up nicely.

"He will continue to build to be back playing in two or three weeks."

However, with the tough-as-nails lock desperate to make an impact for Jason Demetriou's teetering team list, News Corp journalist Dave Riccio has reported that the Mascot junior has circled Souths' Round 12 date with Wests to re-lace the boots.

Given this ability to bravely bite the bit and potentially pull on the cardinal and myrtle earlier than expected, Murray will almost certainly re-enter Brad Fittler's blueprints for Origin I on June 8.

Should Murray's optimism prove prophetic, Demetriou will only be asked to field one final side without the baby-faced bruiser.

The Redfern club is currently clinging to the ladder's eighth rung and are fixtured to face Canberra at Accor Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Kick-off is scheduled for 2:00pm (AEST).

callmack1

Staff member
An update on Josiah Karapani,

Apparently he has a blood infection and that's why he has been missing the past few weeks. Reports that he is out indefinitely and the club is 'hoping he plays later in the year.'

Terrible news to hear and I hope Josiah is okay and will recover. It's also a big blow to our Season so not good news at all.

callmack1

Staff member
Just read on Fox Sports that Latrell is said to be 10kgs lighter than the last time he played!!!

Dunno how true that is but if that's the case, that is truly and incredible transformation and I take my hat off to Trell!

I gotta say he is looking bloody fit and trim in the videos I've seen, probably the best he's looked in his time at Souths.

Can't wait to see him back out there!

callmack1

Staff member
From the Sydney Morning Herald,

MITCHELL HAS JUST ONE SHOT AT BLUES RETURN AS RABBITOHS TAKE STAR'S COMEBACK SLOWLY

Michael Chammas

Latrell Mitchell will have one chance to prove he is ready for a State of Origin recall, with South Sydney set to rest him for this week’s clash with the Gold Coast Titans.

Mitchell touched down in Australia on Thursday morning after a 16-day trip to the US to help repair the tendon tear in his left hamstring that has ruled him out of the Blues’ series opener on Wednesday night. The Souths fullback was hoping to get two games under his belt before Fittler names his team for game two.

He is more likely to play his first game back in the NRL the following week against St George Illawarra, on a Thursday night just three days out from the naming of the Blues team for game two in Perth.

Fittler, speaking on Nine’s Sunday Footy Show, was unaware that Mitchell was back in the country and invited him to join the Blues in camp in the lead-up to game one at Accor Stadium. ‘‘ I haven’t spoken to Latrell. I spoke to him beforehand and we had a yarn about what was going on and his intentions by going overseas,’’ Fittler said. ‘‘ By all accounts, it went really well. I didn’t know he was back in Australia at the moment and if he is I’d love him to come into camp and say hello.’’

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
From the Sydney Morning Herald,

MITCHELL HAS JUST ONE SHOT AT BLUES RETURN AS RABBITOHS TAKE STAR'S COMEBACK SLOWLY

Michael Chammas

Latrell Mitchell will have one chance to prove he is ready for a State of Origin recall, with South Sydney set to rest him for this week’s clash with the Gold Coast Titans.

Mitchell touched down in Australia on Thursday morning after a 16-day trip to the US to help repair the tendon tear in his left hamstring that has ruled him out of the Blues’ series opener on Wednesday night. The Souths fullback was hoping to get two games under his belt before Fittler names his team for game two.

He is more likely to play his first game back in the NRL the following week against St George Illawarra, on a Thursday night just three days out from the naming of the Blues team for game two in Perth.

Fittler, speaking on Nine’s Sunday Footy Show, was unaware that Mitchell was back in the country and invited him to join the Blues in camp in the lead-up to game one at Accor Stadium. ‘‘ I haven’t spoken to Latrell. I spoke to him beforehand and we had a yarn about what was going on and his intentions by going overseas,’’ Fittler said. ‘‘ By all accounts, it went really well. I didn’t know he was back in Australia at the moment and if he is I’d love him to come into camp and say hello.’’
But Latrell now has COVID so all that is up in the air again - literally

Rabbits20

Immortal
We are missing you mate take care rest up and I’m sure next year you’ll be back bigger and stronger than ever! Glory Glory!

I replied to him

Latest posts