What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I have mail, there is a chance latrell will go back to centre and leave taafe in the fullback position.
He has had conversations and is open to doing this.
In an effort to keep taafe on the field and plug the centre hole.
Story here, I thought it might be referring of a switch to 5/8.

Agreed it won't be centre, "pretty interested in a another position" means something new to him, I think it'll definitely be 5/8 - IF he moves there.

Never gave it much thought before, but now, if he can increase and handle his defensive workrate required, he could actually end up being quite devastating in that position, especially partnered with Cody. He definitely has the ball playing skills, he has enough speed for the position, and WTF is gonna stop this guy - this is like a SUPERCHARGED prime Johnny Sutton.

And Blake became comfortable playing at the back, and he definitely has the speed to capitalize on breaks made by the halves. But we might just need Latrell to continue to do a few the goal line hitups.

southsport

First Grade
Agreed it won't be centre, "pretty interested in a another position" means something new to him, I think it'll definitely be 5/8 - IF he moves there.

Never gave it much thought before, but now, if he can increase and handle his defensive workrate required, he could actually end up being quite devastating in that position, especially partnered with Cody. He definitely has the ball playing skills, he has enough speed for the position, and WTF is gonna stop this guy - this is like a SUPERCHARGED prime Johnny Sutton.

And Blake became comfortable playing at the back, and he definitely has the speed to capitalize on breaks made by the halves. But we might just need Latrell to continue to do a few the goal line hitups.
You've nailed it with that post.

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade

Mitchell signals desire for positional switch​

The fullback has expressed an aspiration to play further upfield next season.​

ED CARMINE
WRITER
DECEMBER 9, 2021 - 10:22AM
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...-signals-desire-for-positional-switch-112537/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...-for-positional-switch-112537/&via=zerotackle
https://api.whatsapp.com/send?text=...-signals-desire-for-positional-switch-112537/
https://www.zerotackle.com/mitchell-signals-desire-for-positional-switch-112537/#

Latrell-Mitchell-has-signed-with-the-South-Sydney-Rabbitohs-after-a-lengthy-contract-battle.-Photo-via-South-Sydney-Rabbitohs-Facebook-page.-696x487.jpg

South Sydney superstar Latrell Mitchell has divulged that he holds a desire to play further upfield upon returning from suspension in 2022.
While the 24-year-old still has a fortnight left to run on his six-week ban for a late shot on Sydney centre Joey Manu, the Taree titan has stated that a comeback at fullback may not be on the cards.
“I don’t know, you’ll have to wait and see,” Mitchell was quoted by The Sydney Morning Herald.
“I’m pretty interested in another position, but I won’t go there yet."

Although Mitchell has played representative football for both New South Wales and Australia as a centre, incoming Souths coach Jason Demetriou has previously suggested that the dynamic back will remain in the number one jersey from Round 3 onwards.
With this in mind, Mitchell was willing to concede that his season would likely start at the back for the Bunnies.
“I love fullback. I enjoy it. I can have a big impact at the back, and with our front-rowers going forward, I can grab the ball and do my part," he continued.
NRL Rd 16 - Eels v Rabbitohs
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - AUGUST 27: Latrell Mitchell of the Rabbitohs looks on during the round 16 NRL match between the Parramatta Eels and the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Bankwest Stadium on August 27, 2020 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)
Still, with local junior Blake Taaffe proving his worth under the high-ball during the Rabbitohs' finals campaign this year, a changing of the guard could well come to fruition.
Speaking on Taaffe's baptism of fire during September, Mitchell explained that he had been excited to help the 22-year-old learn his craft.
“I love Blake. I would have done the ‘old Latrell’ and taken off back to Taree when I got suspended, but I wanted to stick around and help mentor him and help with his confidence," he further delineated.

GloryGlory

Juniors
I never like seeing players hold clubs to ransom, especially when they have no credibility yet, so I am comfortable with the decision that was made.... HOWEVER.... I feel like we will spend the next decade regretting losing Joseph Suaalii and that will start this year as we struggle to field a credible backline while we watch him kill it for the Rorters

Stubby

Juniors
I said months ago how good latrell was as a centre on the SOO he would fit in nicely for us there I am not so sure about Suaalii let’s see how he goes next year and whether he has the speed to make in the big time

callmack1

Staff member
Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well what exciting news so stoked for him he’s now my new favourite player.

He epitomises what South Sydney is all about and has all the qualities of a leader. He will not let us down.

I just hope Cody isn’t too peeved off about this.

Latest posts