What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Rabbitsglory

Juniors
Nicholls set to soldier on with Bromwich in Dolphins' Dad's army pack: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ni...-pack-alongside-bromwich-20220121-p59q83.html

Obviously a bit gutted by this and it has come as a bit of a shock. Never saw this coming at all. Nicho has become a great player, an important member of our pack and something of a cult hero among fans. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I absolutely love the bloke. So this news is upsetting, there's no doubt.

However, the thing is, as good a player as the Goat is, he is the kind of player that can be replaced. Someone else younger will come along and take his place and we will hopefully not feel his loss too much in 2023. I see Moale coming through and being a better player in time I hope.

That's not to discredit Nicho at all though, as I said, we all love him and he's a great player. However, that's just the way I see it and I'm sure many feel the same.

What makes me a bit angry and disappointed is that he only re-signed a few months ago. He's now done a Bayley Sironen on us and jumped ship a couple months later with a huge change of hearts. I don't know about you guys but that doesn't sit well with me.

The other thing is, the whole story about Wayne not even being able to talk to our players for the first six months, and having that in his contract, is clearly not true which is also not great news.
Totally agree with you what a shame but bring someone in or like you said Davy

handyman2190

Bench
Cronulla have a couple of reserve props ive previously mentioned we should target,while its sad, the goat would be 32 this season and getting on,this will free up some cap to poach another player,im hoping this is the extent of bennets poaching of our club, we are weakened compared to last season and if more go well its not good, bennet is desperate, and will not honour any deals

southsport

First Grade
Cronulla have a couple of reserve props ive previously mentioned we should target,while its sad, the goat would be 32 this season and getting on,this will free up some cap to poach another player,im hoping this is the extent of bennets poaching of our club, we are weakened compared to last season and if more go well its not good, bennet is desperate, and will not honour any deals
We'll be fine there's no need to worry, this year will be a year of re-adjustment but we are in good shape for the long haul. ;)

handyman2190

Bench
Milf may not have been playing his greatest games but he showed the last 3 he has got something,with a point to prove i think he would have helped at 14 in the transition of our new no7, i think its a real shame the 1 recruit we had will not come now, and i think its a shame people constantly try to take down high profile sportspeople, milf as i understand it was arguing with his wife,as most of us have done at 1 stage, others involved themselves in something that wasnt their business,he wasnt hitting her, then because of push and shove they take offence, what a BS
I feel a little sorry for him and us, i know im a pessimist, but i hate losing, we are significantly understrength compared to last year, yes im told dont worry, its hard!

southsport

First Grade
Milf may not have been playing his greatest games but he showed the last 3 he has got something,with a point to prove i think he would have helped at 14 in the transition of our new no7, i think its a real shame the 1 recruit we had will not come now, and i think its a shame people constantly try to take down high profile sportspeople, milf as i understand it was arguing with his wife,as most of us have done at 1 stage, others involved themselves in something that wasnt their business,he wasnt hitting her, then because of push and shove they take offence, what a BS
I feel a little sorry for him and us, i know im a pessimist, but i hate losing, we are significantly understrength compared to last year, yes im told dont worry, its hard!
It depends on what your expectations were for 2022, I'm more optimistic going forward from where we are.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs release Mark Nicholls from the final year of contract in 2023: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...nicholls-from-final-year-of-contract-in-2023/

A real shame to see this 100% confirmed. It is a bit sad. However, I still stand by what I said the other night.

Shock lifeline emerges for fallen $1m star as NRL career hangs in the balance: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/1f1d37fb7c25c307e3e83a5706d414cd

Don't really get why any club would want to go after Milford now and I completely understand and agree with the club's potential decision to cut him loose. This court case could drag on until mid-year, possibly longer. No club needs that hanging over their heads.

Hellray

Juniors
Agreed, he needs a change of scenery and we could use his contract to hold onto a few more of our up and coming forwards or poach one from another club

handyman2190

Bench
Rumour of Liam Knight to the Dolphins.
He is on 500k and hasnt been value for money, more worrying is the fact that bennet is disrupting the team, everyone thought he wouldnt poach, but bennet being who he is conforms to noone but himself,whos next, its sad to see how we have been decimated, because thats whats happened, losing experienced AR gags sua, now the goat and maybe knight, without buying 1 first grader, no matter how much young talent step up, their development has been stunted, surely after this our cap should be back to normal,surely

Last edited: