What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I still think Taafe is our long term solution to the centre role. Its not like number 1 role is going to be vacant any time soon. Great ball playing skills would go well at centre.
Yeah this is probably the way to go right now.
I was calling this late last year, but my concern is defense.
Is he gonna be able to mark up, as well as drop Kikau and others like that running at him?

southsport

First Grade
Terrell Kalo Kalo
I haven't seen him yet but Slothfield and K....t were really talking him up like its only a matter of time.
Any Intel on him? Seen him?
Those two dickheads were talking like he's another Suaali
Only that he has big raps on him, he also plays fullback I think and I can't see him getting that possie. He's also in the top 30 so is eligible for a run in the top grade.

Rabbit57

Juniors
Some like that idea and some don't, how is he playing?
Yeah, I'm not a fan.
Offense-wise he probably is slightly better than what we are putting out there at the moment; defensive wise no better than what we got.
I'd rather just play our young guys, Karapani and the other guy whose name escapes me but Slothfield and K...t had big raps on.
Defence wise in 3 games he has made 100 tackles at 95.2% effective. We don’t have a back come close and he is right up there with Arrow and Keon who have been excellent. He plays for 80 minutes and can play centre and edge. I am only suggesting him because there has been a lot of bagging our slowness to recruit. We need to put serious offers on the table when it is known they are looking for a new club. Don’t wait until the end of year auction. I’d still be expecting Karapani to develop into a gun centre but you make room in next years roster to have both. With Campbell Graham we’ll have better overall depth for a key position.

Veracity14

Juniors
It’s been mentioned that young Huddersfield centre Will Pryce, son of Leon Pryce may look to come to the NRL at some stage soon, only 19 so plenty of upside, he’s just been suspended for10 games for a pretty awful, clumsy spear tackle

BA717FCB-F557-4A59-8175-7806BD63AB2C.jpeg

southsport

First Grade

Why Rabbitohs have equal best junior nursery in NRL​

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have a junior nursery as powerful as the Penrith Panthers — and here’s why, writes PHIL ROTHFIELD.

Phil Rothfield Phil Rothfield

2 min read

March 27, 2022 - 4:41PM

News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom25 comments 2

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have a junior nursery as powerful as the Penrith Panthers.

You could pick a team of their local products from around the NRL — which we have done — and it would beat most sides in the competition.

This comes down to the passion of Souths Juniors stalwart Henry Morris.

There is not a more driven person in rugby league around grassroots junior football.

Souths Juniors commit $2 million every year to provide free registration for every youngster who plays the game.

This is a far bigger commitment than the Penrith Panthers, who have actually cut funding to their pathways.

Cameron Murray (left) and Alex Johnston (right) are local juniors (Photo by Matt King/Getty Images)

Cameron Murray (left) and Alex Johnston (right) are local juniors (Photo by Matt King/Getty Images)

And they never whinge — like Panthers chief executive Brian Fletcher — about providing a pathway to NRL and the fact it is impossible to keep all of them.

Independent commission chairman Peter V’landys has made participation and development programs the number one priority for the game.

He will invest more money than ever before in the battle against soccer and AFL to sign up kids.

We need more clubs like Souths to invest and develop future NRL players.

Some clubs like the Roosters and the Sea Eagles don’t have the numbers to produce their own.

But there are no excuses for the others.

TEAM OF Souths LOCALS​

1 Blake Taaffe (La Perouse)
2 Alex Johnston (La Perouse)
3 James Roberts (La Perouse)
4 Campbell Graham (Coogee Wombats)
5 Josh Addo-Carr (La Perouse)
6 Dylan Walker (Mascot)
7 Adam Reynolds (Alexandria Rovers)
8 Addin Fonua-Blake (Mascot)
9 Cameron McInnes (Botany Rams)
10 Toby Rudolf (South Eastern)
11 Shaun Lane (Mascot)
12 Keaon Koloamatangi (Mascot)
13 Cameron Murray (c) (Mascot)
Bench
14 Davvy Moale (Coogee Wombats)
15 Peter Mamouzelos (Maroubra)
16 Siosifa Talakai (Mascot)
17 Nat Butcher (South Eastern)
18th man Emre Guler (Mascot) or Paul Momirovski (South Eastern) or Reimis Smith (Mascot)

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

Why Rabbitohs have equal best junior nursery in NRL​

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have a junior nursery as powerful as the Penrith Panthers — and here’s why, writes PHIL ROTHFIELD.

Phil Rothfield Phil Rothfield

2 min read

March 27, 2022 - 4:41PM

News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom25 comments 2

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have a junior nursery as powerful as the Penrith Panthers.

You could pick a team of their local products from around the NRL — which we have done — and it would beat most sides in the competition.

This comes down to the passion of Souths Juniors stalwart Henry Morris.

There is not a more driven person in rugby league around grassroots junior football.

Souths Juniors commit $2 million every year to provide free registration for every youngster who plays the game.

This is a far bigger commitment than the Penrith Panthers, who have actually cut funding to their pathways.

And they never whinge — like Panthers chief executive Brian Fletcher — about providing a pathway to NRL and the fact it is impossible to keep all of them.

Independent commission chairman Peter V’landys has made participation and development programs the number one priority for the game.

He will invest more money than ever before in the battle against soccer and AFL to sign up kids.

We need more clubs like Souths to invest and develop future NRL players.

Some clubs like the Roosters and the Sea Eagles don’t have the numbers to produce their own.

But there are no excuses for the others.

TEAM OF Souths LOCALS​

1 Blake Taaffe (La Perouse)
2 Alex Johnston (La Perouse)
3 James Roberts (La Perouse)
4 Campbell Graham (Coogee Wombats)
5 Josh Addo-Carr (La Perouse)
6 Dylan Walker (Mascot)
7 Adam Reynolds (Alexandria Rovers)
8 Addin Fonua-Blake (Mascot)
9 Cameron McInnes (Botany Rams)
10 Toby Rudolf (South Eastern)
11 Shaun Lane (Mascot)
12 Keaon Koloamatangi (Mascot)
13 Cameron Murray (c) (Mascot)
Bench
14 Davvy Moale (Coogee Wombats)
15 Peter Mamouzelos (Maroubra)
16 Siosifa Talakai (Mascot)
17 Nat Butcher (South Eastern)
18th man Emre Guler (Mascot) or Paul Momirovski (South Eastern) or Reimis Smith (Mascot)
Finally I agree with something this sloth has written.
It's true Souths and Penrith have had the best juniors for years.
You could add a lot of retired players who made rep footy to this list.
Dare I say Braith Anasta as one lol.
And of course Mario (Botany), Ian Roberts (Mascot)
Mascot has always been tough, even in my day, but I hated playing Botany. In those days, Steve Mavin was a prop for them lol. Then, he was BIG!
Steven Fenech was a childhood friend and neighbour.
All this makes we wonder what happened to St.George, they have fallen off a cliff

Lawman

Juniors
Finally I agree with something this sloth has written.
It's true Souths and Penrith have had the best juniors for years.
You could add a lot of retired players who made rep footy to this list.
Dare I say Braith Anasta as one lol.
And of course Mario (Botany), Ian Roberts (Mascot)
Mascot has always been tough, even in my day, but I hated playing Botany. In those days, Steve Mavin was a prop for them lol. Then, he was BIG!
Steven Fenech was a childhood friend and neighbour.
All this makes we wonder what happened to St.George, they have fallen off a cliff
They are playing Parramatta this Sunday Night at 6.15pm.-@Parra's Home Ground.I will be watching them on Kayo Sports.

Latest posts