What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

CAFPOW

Juniors
'Would have been docked points' - Rabbitohs in hot water with NRL after debutant 'drama': https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/491590674f8227c319981fceb6085486

You've got to be fricking kidding me?!! What an absolute joke this is! I'm appalled. How the hell can you get something so simple so wrong?!! it blows my minds, simply not good enough and the club has a lot to answer for at the moment.
i hope i'm wrong, but i will expect to see a lot of these type of news from souths from now on.

Lawman

Juniors
'Would have been docked points' - Rabbitohs in hot water with NRL after debutant 'drama': https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/491590674f8227c319981fceb6085486

You've got to be fricking kidding me?!! What an absolute joke this is! I'm appalled. How the hell can you get something so simple so wrong?!! it blows my minds, simply not good enough and the club has a lot to answer for at the moment.

Also, in other news, Cody has been cleared from that nothing incident so that's some good news.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs sign Kodi Nikorima immediately for remainder of 2022 Season: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...ima-immediately-for-remainder-of-2022-season/

Fantastic to finally have this confirmed, welcome to the club Kodi!!

Super excited to have him here to be honest. I'm not saying he's going to set the world on fire but he's an established player, a test player and a star on his day. He'll provide great depth, great utility, competition for spots and a lot of spark. I'm sure he'll fit right in!

Welcome once again Kodi!!

'Attacking weapon' - Nikorima to make Rabbitohs debut against Warriors: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/at...s-debut-against-warriors-20220509-p5ajqz.html

You have to have a succession plan though for your squad

If Souths signed Reynolds for 2 years then IIias earmarked to replace him could then walk as he would be playing reggies basically for the next 2 years biding his time until 2024.

Sometimes those decisions have to made for the long term gain and sure it might be short term pain but people need to look at the bigger picture in such matters.

As far as players being upset or whatever about players coming and going they need to get over it as players leave clubs all the time.

They have a job to do so get on with it

WA Tiger

Bench
Cody’s dreaming if he thinks he can push the new boy Kodi around. This kid is mentally tough and has all the skills and could lift things to another level for SS..he could be just what Walker needs..I’ll be watching with interest

handyman2190

Bench
Cody’s dreaming if he thinks he can push the new boy Kodi around. This kid is mentally tough and has all the skills and could lift things to another level for SS..he could be just what Walker needs..I’ll be watching with interest
Lets hope your right

handyman2190

Bench
Mark levy has written a piece on wwos which is 100% true.
Its promted me to write a letter to the club, about the decision making in recruitment, recruitment is an important part of success, weve fumbled the ball,big time, adam can play for another 3 years,i cant see him breaking down, whats happened is a disgrace and loyalty is gone, and the club will suffer

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Inside the Jersey Podcast Launches This Week: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/12/inside-the-jersey-podcast-launches-this-week/

From Zero Tackle,

Magic Round going nowhere in 2023

Queensland has taken ground on the bitter bidding war between the state and New South Wales, securing Magic Round for another twelve months.

The 2019 initiative has proved to be a windfall for Queensland, with Magic Round believed to have brought around $20 million to the local economy while attracting nearly 265,000 fans since the festival of football's inception.

New South Wales had launched a campaign to steal Magic Round away from Suncorp Stadium, a returning salvo to Queensland's attempt to hold onto the hosting rights of the grand ginal after alterations to the NRL fixture last season saw the game moved north.

However, Suncorp Stadium won't be relinquishing Magic Round anytime soon, securing the showpiece round for 2023.

ARL Commission boss Peter V'Landys was glowing is his praise of the Queensland government, saying he'll "never forget" the support of the Sunshine State amid the Covid nightmare experienced by New South Wales in 2021.

“Magic Round has been such a success at Suncorp," said V'Landys.

"The crowds have been magnificent, we’ve got sellouts this week and that demonstrates the support of Queensland rugby league fans, so we owe a debt of gratitude to them as well."

QRL chairman Bruce Hatcher cheekily quipped "the rugby capital looks like it is shifting north," saying that Queensland deserves to hold onto its brainchild.

“(Queensland) deserved the first right of refusal. I am not a fan of what they still call the NSW rugby league grand final being in Sydney all the time but I have had my say on that," said Hatcher.

“It just defies logic. (Magic Round) has been great for the game. It does get supported and it really does a lot for the image of the game."

Magic Round kicks off this Friday night when the Bulldogs and Knights do battle, to be followed by a crucial game between the Sea Eagles and Broncos.

GGTSS

Juniors

Souths’ new flying ‘Johnstone’?

South Sydney have taken an interest in Wakefield winger Tom Johnstone as they look to bolster their outside backs for next season.

Johnstone, a try scoring machine in the English Super League, has flirted with the NRL in the past and it is understood the Rabbitohs are among the clubs monitoring the situation.

His potential defection to the NRL comes as English power-brokers descend on Magic Round in search of signings for next season.