What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Eric the great

Juniors
I think you should pull up on Cody this time last year he was a great player and now we are having an ordinary time youse are talking about shafting him he gets latrell back next week give it a few weeks and I think you might see Cody back to his best Cody is like cookie he needs a quick play the ball to get his attack on the front foot and that hasn’t been happening due to teams not having to spread their defence due to our lack at attacking options out wide with trell back we get some attack back hopefully

handyman2190

Bench
Im gona say it and I know people will critisize, we are on tbe verge of becoming another tigers,warriors clone. The short sightedness of our officials namely pappas and solly are turning our club into second rate, with players not wanting to come and those we have looking to jump ship.
This juniors policy and 1 year over 30s BS is threatening to destroy us. Mamouzelos can wait another 2 years, cookie must be resigned perhaps at a cheaper rate than the 850k he is on now, i know cody isnt playing well but he too should extend another year, if only because if he goes so will latrell, they are best mates and bennets in the background waiting and plotting. I said it was a mistake to bring him to our club now i stand vindicated, its well known the last 2 years
JD actually did more of the coaching while bennet buddied up and forged relationships to benefit himself, bennet looks after bennet

Rabbits20

Immortal

Tom Burgess is the first and last Burgess to reach 200 NRL appearances after being with the South Sydney Rabbitohs for almost a decade.

The hulking forward was the last Burgess to join Russell Crowe’s revolution in Sydney back in 2013, but Tom has become one of the most impressive overseas players to make it in the Australian competition.

And, despite having another year to run on his Souths deal, the 30-year-old confirmed his UK-based manager Chris Caisley is busy gauging potential interest in Tom from rival clubs.

“I still have another year to go, but it’s the business we’re in, you have to see what’s out there,” Burgess told the Sydney Morning Herald.

I don’t want to leave. But I know how it works. I’ve been lucky to be at Souths this long, my brothers didn’t get this far, and I’m thankful I’ve stayed on with Souths to get to 200 games, which is something I never thought I’d do.

Chris is looking after my best interests. He has to see what’s out there for me.

“I’m not too worried about how many more games I play. I want quality rather than quantity. Another grand final would be nice.”

Burgess also wants to make it to 300 NRL games – something which would truly etch his name into the record books.

“I’d love to get to 34 and re-assess. No Englishman has made 300 NRL games. I never limit myself. I feel good now. I want to keep going.”

Burgess is, of course, gunning for a spot in Shaun Wane’s England squad for the World Cup at the end of the year and is likely going to be a starting prop on home soil.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths’ GRAND PLAN FOR COOK

South Sydney are preparing to make Damien Cook a Rabbitoh for life after meeting with the star’s agent on Monday.

The Rabbitohs are in the process of offering Cook a two-year contract extension, despite the NSW hooker having 12 months left on his deal.

The deal would take Cook, who turned 32 on Thursday, through to the end of the 2025 season. South Sydney boss Blake Solly met Cook’s agent Mario Tartak on Monday to outline the plan. The Rabbitohs also hope to keep Cook at the club beyond his playing career.

It is understood Cook’s camp are hoping to secure a three-year deal.

Cook confirmed negotiations have begun.

Souths are set to offer Damien Cook a two-year contract extension. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images

Souths are set to offer Damien Cook a two-year contract extension. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images

“They have started,” Cook said. “I spoke to my manager a couple of weeks ago before Origin started because I didn’t want anything to do with it while this was happening.

“I also spoke to the coach as well and the club, so they know where I want to be.

“I love the club, they know that so now I can just leave it between the club and the management. He’ll keep me updated but I have told him not to tell me anything during camp and to keep it to himself.”

The Rabbitohs have a host of big-names who will become free agents come November 1.

They have already begun talks with Latrell Mitchell, Cody Walker, Lachlan Ilias and Davvy Moale.

callmack1

Staff member
Good news we've offered Cook two years and not one. I think two is very, very fair in this situation and I hope Cookie accepts!

Tom Burgess is the first and last Burgess to reach 200 NRL appearances after being with the South Sydney Rabbitohs for almost a decade.

The hulking forward was the last Burgess to join Russell Crowe’s revolution in Sydney back in 2013, but Tom has become one of the most impressive overseas players to make it in the Australian competition.

And, despite having another year to run on his Souths deal, the 30-year-old confirmed his UK-based manager Chris Caisley is busy gauging potential interest in Tom from rival clubs.

“I still have another year to go, but it’s the business we’re in, you have to see what’s out there,” Burgess told the Sydney Morning Herald.

I don’t want to leave. But I know how it works. I’ve been lucky to be at Souths this long, my brothers didn’t get this far, and I’m thankful I’ve stayed on with Souths to get to 200 games, which is something I never thought I’d do.

Chris is looking after my best interests. He has to see what’s out there for me.

“I’m not too worried about how many more games I play. I want quality rather than quantity. Another grand final would be nice.”

Burgess also wants to make it to 300 NRL games – something which would truly etch his name into the record books.

“I’d love to get to 34 and re-assess. No Englishman has made 300 NRL games. I never limit myself. I feel good now. I want to keep going.”

Burgess is, of course, gunning for a spot in Shaun Wane’s England squad for the World Cup at the end of the year and is likely going to be a starting prop on home soil.
Gotta keep him too surely!!

Latest posts