What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Steenson123

Juniors
Rabbitohs sign and extend contracts on eight up-and-coming stars: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...tend-contracts-on-eight-up-and-coming-stars2/

Gotta admit, I don't know much about any of these blokes but they all sound like bright prospects. Great to see the club locking up our long term future and I'm sure they're names we'll hear a lot more of in years to come.
If we look closely at what Gould did at Penrith its obvious: build a group of young stallions who regularly play together at junior level and know how to win. This is THE key: get them playing together and winning at junior levels.
Just signing a group of detached, dispersed young potentials with ability will not guarantee a strong future representation at A grade level. They have to learn to play successfully together at the junior level first. Then lock most of them up.

handyman2190

Bench
Im willing to bet bennets got his eye on burton, if he cashes out on munster watch what will happen, burton hasnt taken the option on his contract for a reason

Steenson123

Juniors
Its great news, but do you think we are the only 1s chasing this type of talent, what im worried about is now and the next couple of years, now signing burton would help aleviate those fears
Its only great news if any turn out to be good at A Grade level. For most that is likely doubtful. Let's not annoint what management has done here. They obviously feel under fan pressure for some poor recent decision making.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs extend contract of Davvy Moale until at least the end of Season 2025: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...-moale-until-at-least-the-end-of-season-2025/

Bloody brilliant news!!! This guy will be a star I believe, I think many of us believe. He's shown glimpses so far but I'm really excited to see how he develops over the next three years. He's one of the key young players in our squad and is so important to our future.

Awesome news for both the club and him personally!

callmack1

Staff member
Damien Cook's promise to Souths in exchange for three-year extension: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/de3eea6c92abc39f5fdcbcaa645eebbb

I wouldn't be against giving Cookie a three-year deal to be honest. However, I say that as long as we have a clear plan for Pete coming through which I'm sure we would regardless. I also think it should be on a reduced wage, can't keep paying him what we are currently.

We don't want another Adam Reynolds situation on our hands, and I'd love to see Cook retire here.

Rabbitsglory

Juniors
2024 team

Mitchell
Johnson
Kapari
Graham
Izaac Thomson
Burton
Ilias
Davy
Cook