What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Hellray

Juniors
I think we're pretty close to being set for 2023. Who's out there, available for 2023, that we should sign?

I don't see anyone.
Have to agree with you C.Mack, we aren’t in a position financially to be signing anyone of a high calibre.
Clearly we will get the odd very minor fringe a grade signing but no one that really moves the needle.

Handy you are just gonna give yourself an ulcer waiting on news that isn’t coming haha

handyman2190

Bench
Have to agree with you C.Mack, we aren’t in a position financially to be signing anyone of a high calibre.
Clearly we will get the odd very minor fringe a grade signing but no one that really moves the needle.

Handy you are just gonna give yourself an ulcer waiting on news that isn’t coming haha
Weve lost at least 4 players mansour who was on 400k the goat, plus a couple more, we have some money, i dont believe the BS about resigning latrell cody and cook costing more, cookie would be at least 300k less than previous cody same money and latrell taking cookies savings

Eric the great

Juniors
Why would they bullshit if they have the money to buy someone they will cause it’s not as if they want an unsuccessful club a successful club makes their job easier

Hellray

Juniors
Weve lost at least 4 players mansour who was on 400k the goat, plus a couple more, we have some money, i dont believe the BS about resigning latrell cody and cook costing more, cookie would be at least 300k less than previous cody same money and latrell taking cookies savings
I’m not saying we don’t need no one but a lot of the spots will be taken by juniors coming through.
Fafita and Moale will get more minutes and then you have Duncan, Lovett and watch Rahme for Lebanon in the world cup he also is highly touted.

the backs could still be a little thin as the kids coming through may not be ready, but the bunnies have never let us down before with their signings, they’ll sit back and wait to grab the “right” player to fit in.

look what they did with Tass and even Thompson. They weren’t huge signings so if we can replicate that it’s a win for us. (Fegai meant to be one)

Rabbit57

Juniors
I’m not saying we don’t need no one but a lot of the spots will be taken by juniors coming through.
Fafita and Moale will get more minutes and then you have Duncan, Lovett and watch Rahme for Lebanon in the world cup he also is highly touted.

the backs could still be a little thin as the kids coming through may not be ready, but the bunnies have never let us down before with their signings, they’ll sit back and wait to grab the “right” player to fit in.

look what they did with Tass and even Thompson. They weren’t huge signings so if we can replicate that it’s a win for us. (Fegai meant to be one)
Also Karapani showed a lot of promise until illness. Wishing him a very big 2023

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
I think if we could add a experienced prop (Marty T or Nathan Brown) and another right wing option (Dom Young or M Feagai) then we would be set with current squad and juniors to come through for competition for spots

callmack1

Staff member

PM and Premier caught in tense exchange at charity event over sign on Allianz Stadium​

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has become embroiled in Sydney’s latest sports stadium row, calling for the “Home of the Sydney Roosters” sign at Allianz Stadium to be torn down.

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has become embroiled in Sydney’s latest sports stadium row, calling for the “Home of the Sydney Roosters” sign at Allianz Stadium to be torn down.
Mr Albanese and NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet were caught on camera in a lively argument at a charity cricket game on Thursday, in which the two political heavyweights took aim at the NRL club being allowed signage to adorn the newly built $900 million stadium.

The Roosters paid $12.5 million for a high-performance centre at the venue, which entitled them to signage at the Moore Park end of the ground.

Mr Albanese is a life member of the Roosters’ arch rivals, the South Sydney Rabbitohs, who were recently blocked from using the venue as a permanent home ground.

The Prime Minister and NSW Premier were on opposing sides of the charity match organised by Nova FM breakfast duo Ryan “Fitzy” Fitzgerald and Michael ”Wippa” Wipfli on the lawns of Kirribilli House on Thursday, when conversation turned to the Roosters’ sign being covered with a $152 tarpaulin by joint tenants, A-League club Sydney FC.

The damning video of their conversation was later posted to Fitzy and Wippa’s Instagram page.

In the footage, Mr Albanese can be heard talking to Mr Perrottet about the story The Daily Telegraph broke about the signage furore.

“It’s got a Roosters sign, how have they done that?” Mr Albanese said.

The Premier and Fitzgerald began to laugh, but the prime minister did not see the funny side.

“No, tear it down!” Mr Albanese said.

Quickly realising the prime minister was serious, Mr Perrottet seemed to back down.

“I don’t want it to be an exclusive ground,” Premier Perrottet said, before following it up with ”we can tear it down.”

Early in the conversation the pair were arguing over Souths not being allowed to play home games at Allianz Stadium when Mr Perrottet said “Souths signed up for the deal to play at ANZ”.

The Prime Minister responded: “Because Allianz are being f***ing ...”

The federal Labor leader and state Liberal leader were joined in the conversation by Fitzgerald and Channel 7 news reader Mark Ferguson.

Mr Perrottet and Mr Albanese have been contacted for comment.

Latest posts