What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Rabbits20

Immortal
I know every off season is agony for many of us, especiallyall my brethren here, i must admit, this is were my frustration and depression set in, we virtually get no news, among all the other clubs comings and goings the rabbitohs faithfull get nothing, zilch, no news, its like espionage, and i really think its wrong.
Be patient they’ll use it to push our membership drive news will come. Our squad is pretty settled so won’t be much to hear.

handyman2190

Bench
Ive read weve resigned about 6 juniors and black rabbits, there is talk they are waiting the outcome of georges touching court case and may offer him a minimum deal

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs set to hand Burgess NRL lifeline as court case looms: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/e223e9247752b61e08807514c189c453

I'd take George back on a minimum deal for sure!! With respect, he may not offer as much as he used to, however I believe he can still be a great depth signing. Plus, there's the 'feel good' aspect of it with three brothers being back together and who knows? It might just help us re-sign Tom. I'm for it!

Be patient they’ll use it to push our membership drive news will come. Our squad is pretty settled so won’t be much to hear.
This is it. We are probably the most settled I've ever seen us heading into another Season. We are essentially going into 2023 with the exact same squad which barely ever happens. We simply do not need any big name signings and there won't be any.

What we do need, is the big-name re-signings of Trell, Cody and Cooky.

handyman2190

Bench
Rabbitohs set to hand Burgess NRL lifeline as court case looms: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/e223e9247752b61e08807514c189c453

I'd take George back on a minimum deal for sure!! With respect, he may not offer as much as he used to, however I believe he can still be a great depth signing. Plus, there's the 'feel good' aspect of it with three brothers being back together and who knows? It might just help us re-sign Tom. I'm for it!

This is it. We are probably the most settled I've ever seen us heading into another Season. We are essentially going into 2023 with the exact same squad which barely ever happens. We simply do not need any big name signings and there won't be any.

What we do need, is the big-name re-signings of Trell, Cody and Cooky.
Sorry brother ,i disagree, all clubs need to rejuvinate and strive for better, we have lost some players saved some cap $, while other teams bolster up, we with the loss of the goat have got weaker, and i dont know about your feelings, but milne is really a backup player who can play in the forwards or backs,not a permanent first grader, we need a couple of backs and a couple of props,george is past it and if we sign him it will be just a token respect thing, he isnt to the goat status any more and on min wage, topau would have been better, but he is probably going parramatta way.
I hear we are trying for dom young but so are 5 others ,i dont hold much hope, we do have some juniors who may be given a go next year,karapani or kalo kalo, still i consider our recruitment to be sub standard compared to many of the others and stand by my previous postings that we need a dedicated recruitment/ cap person, and solly should not be involved

callmack1

Staff member
Jaxson Paulo Departs Rabbitohs: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/10/24/jaxson-paulo-departs-rabbitohs/

I don't mean to be rude but I do kind of have to say good riddance to this. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Jaxson! You watch, he'll probably become a star at the Roosters grrrrrrrrr.

'It's just ridiculous' - NRL prize pool set for $600k boost after Panthers bosses tirade: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/7883623f8ced5aa9a5a27c11e5ab73fb

Sorry brother ,i disagree, all clubs need to rejuvinate and strive for better, we have lost some players saved some cap $, while other teams bolster up, we with the loss of the goat have got weaker, and i dont know about your feelings, but milne is really a backup player who can play in the forwards or backs,not a permanent first grader, we need a couple of backs and a couple of props,george is past it and if we sign him it will be just a token respect thing, he isnt to the goat status any more and on min wage, topau would have been better, but he is probably going parramatta way.
I hear we are trying for dom young but so are 5 others ,i dont hold much hope, we do have some juniors who may be given a go next year,karapani or kalo kalo, still i consider our recruitment to be sub standard compared to many of the others and stand by my previous postings that we need a dedicated recruitment/ cap person, and solly should not be involved
Fair enough, you make some good points man.

However, I disagree that we will be weaker on paper than this year. Our only significant loss is Nicho, Paulo goes too but I wouldn't call him a significant loss. If we do not sign anyone else, I see Moale and/or DSF, well and truly stepping up to the plate and making up for the Goat's output, if not, surpassing it. I loved Nicho but I do think he was starting to slow down a little.

Lachy is no longer a first year rookie and he'll have a full Pre-Season to work on his own game, as well as his combination with Cody, Cam and Trell this time. He will improve a lot I'm hoping, particularly his kicking game. The club will surely be looking at that in the Off-Season.

When you consider all this, plus add in Thompson possibly starting in that right wing spot, and Mamo possibly coming off the bench instead of Nikorima, I struggle to see how anyone could say we are weaker on paper than 2022. I think that on paper, and I do stress the 'on paper' part, we are stronger heading into 2023.

You also have to consider what is happening with other teams. The only team that finished in the top eight this year that is 'bolstering up' on paper is the Roosters. Penrith have lost a couple players, the Storm have lost three of their best forwards, Parra have lost a ton, The Cowboys, Sharks and Raiders are virtually the same in 2023. Of course, this may all mean nothing, those teams could lose nothing in reality, I'm just looking at it on paper. Some of the lower teams like the Bulldogs and Broncos are bolstering up for sure, but I'm just talking about the top teams.

Sorry Handy, I love ya but I disagree. I may well turn out to be wrong, but I think you're making us out to be in a worse state when we're actually in pretty decent shape in my opinion.

handyman2190

Bench
Jaxson Paulo Departs Rabbitohs: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/10/24/jaxson-paulo-departs-rabbitohs/

I don't mean to be rude but I do kind of have to say good riddance to this. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Jaxson! You watch, he'll probably become a star at the Roosters grrrrrrrrr.

'It's just ridiculous' - NRL prize pool set for $600k boost after Panthers bosses tirade: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/7883623f8ced5aa9a5a27c11e5ab73fb

Fair enough, you make some good points man.

However, I disagree that we will be weaker on paper than this year. Our only significant loss is Nicho, Paulo goes too but I wouldn't call him a significant loss. If we do not sign anyone else, I see Moale and/or DSF, well and truly stepping up to the plate and making up for the Goat's output, if not, surpassing it. I loved Nicho but I do think he was starting to slow down a little.

Lachy is no longer a first year rookie and he'll have a full Pre-Season to work on his own game, as well as his combination with Cody, Cam and Trell this time. He will improve a lot I'm hoping, particularly his kicking game. The club will surely be looking at that in the Off-Season.

When you consider all this, plus add in Thompson possibly starting in that right wing spot, and Mamo possibly coming off the bench instead of Nikorima, I struggle to see how anyone could say we are weaker on paper than 2022. I think that on paper, and I do stress the 'on paper' part, we are stronger heading into 2023.

You also have to consider what is happening with other teams. The only team that finished in the top eight this year that is 'bolstering up' on paper is the Roosters. Penrith have lost a couple players, the Storm have lost three of their best forwards, Parra have lost a ton, The Cowboys, Sharks and Raiders are virtually the same in 2023. Of course, this may all mean nothing, those teams could lose nothing in reality, I'm just looking at it on paper. Some of the lower teams like the Bulldogs and Broncos are bolstering up for sure, but I'm just talking about the top teams.

Sorry Handy, I love ya but I disagree. I may well turn out to be wrong, but I think you're making us out to be in a worse state when we're actually in pretty decent shape in my opinion.
Your entitled to your opinion brother, i just feel every team needs a couple of recruits yearly, not necesarily stars,to keep the pressure on, a few youngsters pinched would be nice

callmack1

Staff member
Your entitled to your opinion brother, i just feel every team needs a couple of recruits yearly, not necesarily stars,to keep the pressure on, a few youngsters pinched would be nice
I definitely get what you mean, and I agree in that sense in terms of puttingpressure on. However I just feel that in 2023, that pressure will come from young guys already in the squad. Guys like Karapani, Kalo Kalo, Moale, Lovett and Duncan. They are all great prospects. It doesn't necessarily have to come from recruits.

handyman2190

Bench
Im not happy with recruitment,im sick of reading every other clubs signings,especially canterburys,were the F is the money coming from and why cant we pinch young stars

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Weve got 15 players able to talk to other clubs next week,the delays are being blamed on the rpla and nrl negotiating the cap figure.
This is in my opinion a stall tactic by the nrl to give bennett more chance to poach players, does anyone believe we wont lose anyone?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Im not happy with recruitment,im sick of reading every other clubs signings,especially canterburys,were the F is the money coming from and why cant we pinch young stars
We have young stars mate have faith, Moale, Karipani, Duncan, Lovett, Munro, Te Hau, Kalokalo, Jye Gray etc......

Latest posts