What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Some club have had this weekend's round up on their websites and FB etc.
ITs a bit of a croc really are the grounds that bad ?

Tigers1986

Juniors
Some club have had this weekend's round up on their websites and FB etc.
ITs a bit of a croc really are the grounds that bad ?
Apparently the council have shut all the grounds due to the rain or something like that, so their hands are forced cos they can't physically play on club home grounds. They're going to have to come to some form of solution moving forward with the ground situation and the occurence of wet weather.

rightleftin

Juniors
While there are minimal team lists published mid week for RMC/SS, the opening round of conference compeitions this weekend, reveals some familiar names among the masses of "not available":

Central Northern Gold - Kane McQuiggan & Alipate Tani (Cromer)
Central Northern Silver - Bronson Harrison & Josh Lewis (Leichhardt Jnrs), Jack Hawkins (Asquith)
Central Western Silver - Matt Utai (Greenacre), Shane Kiel (Polecats)
Southern Gold - Nathan Wynn (Gymea), Jake Beetson (Como)

The Penrith comp has had 2 rounds - Justin and Jayden Horo are playing for Glenmore Park
South Sydney has had 1 round but are not showing players listing.

Last edited:

rightleftin

Juniors
For 2 weeks in a row Wests have scored 2 early tries but have failed to go on with it, and so Wests and the Silktails are the only teams yet to win a game. The commentator on Fox stated that the Silktails would be playing in the NSW Cup next season. Dont know if that is true but you would think it would be reasonable to wait until they won a few games before giving them a promotion.

TigerDen

Juniors
For 2 weeks in a row Wests have scored 2 early tries but have failed to go on with it, and so Wests and the Silktails are the only teams yet to win a game. The commentator on Fox stated that the Silktails would be playing in the NSW Cup next season. Dont know if that is true but you would think it would be reasonable to wait until they won a few games before giving them a promotion.
The Silktails need to be promoted. So the Australian government can justify their investment in the team and the NSWRL are able to realise their promotion of the team - at the expense of the rest of the RMC Cup.

rightleftin

Juniors
Isnt the situation that Pat Weisner recruited a stack of guys from RMC clubs, most of whom will get occasional games for Norths but train and be ready if there is a game where no Roosters are available (such as when all the NRL games were in Brisbane last year so no one could play NSW Cup) and will spend most of the season with Hills, who recruited a smaller squad on that basis. Still more Hills than Norths today even though Sciglitano, Baumann and Tupou dropped back to SS and Mali Li did not play in either grade.

TigerDen

Juniors
Isnt the situation that Pat Weisner recruited a stack of guys from RMC clubs, most of whom will get occasional games for Norths but train and be ready if there is a game where no Roosters are available (such as when all the NRL games were in Brisbane last year so no one could play NSW Cup) and will spend most of the season with Hills, who recruited a smaller squad on that basis. Still more Hills than Norths today even though Sciglitano, Baumann and Tupou dropped back to SS and Mali Li did not play in either grade.
Who pays them?

10$ Ferret

Staff member
There were a lot of Norths players from what I saw, but that was expected and Glebe stayed with them for a long part of the game. They had only 1 Newtown player. It was a decent game and pretty quick

K_Tigers12

Juniors
Watching the Ryde Eastwood Hawks SS and RMC play was an interesting game.

Sydney Shield: Roosters took the early lead and scored within a few minutes off an error from ryde. Things did not look good as at one point ryde were down 22-4 before a late surge to bring it back to 22-14 at half time. I’m not sure what happened, because Roosters have played much better in the second halves from previous games in which they ended up losing 48-22 letting in 34 points in the second half. Wests Tigers junior Noah Ryan bagged 4 tries on his SS debut.

RMC: Silktails made a break straight from the kickoff to put ryde on the back foot. Ryde looked like they were in for a good match but were denied in the corner only a few minutes after Silktails first try. From some sharp plays Silktails proved to be much too strong close to the line scoring plenty of barge over tries with the half time deficit being 18-6 to silktails. Much to Ryde’s disadvantage they lose two backs - Logen Dillon and Frank Kuresa. In the second half at one point I think ryde were left with only 1 on the bench and they struggled from a fit Fijian side that took the match away to win 30-16

TigerDen

Juniors
Watching the Ryde Eastwood Hawks SS and RMC play was an interesting game.

Sydney Shield: Roosters took the early lead and scored within a few minutes off an error from ryde. Things did not look good as at one point ryde were down 22-4 before a late surge to bring it back to 22-14 at half time. I’m not sure what happened, because Roosters have played much better in the second halves from previous games in which they ended up losing 48-22 letting in 34 points in the second half. Wests Tigers junior Noah Ryan bagged 4 tries on his SS debut.

RMC: Silktails made a break straight from the kickoff to put ryde on the back foot. Ryde looked like they were in for a good match but were denied in the corner only a few minutes after Silktails first try. From some sharp plays Silktails proved to be much too strong close to the line scoring plenty of barge over tries with the half time deficit being 18-6 to silktails. Much to Ryde’s disadvantage they lose two backs - Logen Dillon and Frank Kuresa. In the second half at one point I think ryde were left with only 1 on the bench and they struggled from a fit Fijian side that took the match away to win 30-16
Thank you for that report. It is good to see games being reviewed- should be more of it.

rightleftin

Juniors
I had no idea where Noah King had come from when he played NSW Cup for Mounties in Rounds 1 & 2. I saw the second game and he looked totally out of his depth, which is not surprising considering that he was in SG Ball last year, meanwhile Paul Simona and Roman Ioelu played RMC that day. In Round 3 he played RMC for Mounties (against Ryde Eastwood) and had not been seen again until his first start with Ryde Eastwood. So he is the first player this year to play all 3 grades.

Ironically, the NSWRL published a report on the Hills vs Brothers SS game rather than covering "their" team.

TigerDen

Juniors
I had no idea where Noah King had come from when he played NSW Cup for Mounties in Rounds 1 & 2. I saw the second game and he looked totally out of his depth, which is not surprising considering that he was in SG Ball last year, meanwhile Paul Simona and Roman Ioelu played RMC that day. In Round 3 he played RMC for Mounties (against Ryde Eastwood) and had not been seen again until his first start with Ryde Eastwood. So he is the first player this year to play all 3 grades.

Ironically, the NSWRL published a report on the Hills vs Brothers SS game rather than covering "their" team.
😄 They more than made up with their coverage of their win over Ryde Eastwood.

Butts74

Juniors
9F1487E0-A7C1-4E31-B492-AE4ED9D82B50.jpeg9F1487E0-A7C1-4E31-B492-AE4ED9D82B50.jpeg
Found this on the hills bulls instagram page congratulations who made the rep squad , had to have a chuckle it’s all north Sydney bears contracted players 😂

rightleftin

Juniors
The selection of Steve Tavita in the rep team suggests he was wasted playing SS for Belrose for the last 2 seasons.

I think you will find Noah King is still with Mounties. He is 22 so wouldn't have played SG Ball last year. He did the pre season with the Bulldogs

Latest posts