What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

Fixtures are updated here: https://bit.ly/2022RMCup

R4: Silktails v Mounties 3pm Sat 6 Aug, Mascot
R4: Wenty v BWSE 4pm Sat 6 Aug, Ringrose
R14: RE Hawks v St Marys 3pm Sun 7 Aug, TG Milner

The Magpies-Magpies game from Round 16 was ultimately declared a forfeit and awarded to Wenty. No word on the R14 game HIlls-Silktails as yet.

Im guessing if Wenty win this weekend then the Hills v Fiji game won't have to be played as the 5 will be set. If Fiji beat mounties they will guarantee 5th spot. Mounties win they will claim 5th spot

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Here's how the ladder looks going into these final handful of games for RMC

TeamPWLDFA+/-Pts
1. Hills Bulls15141044316228132
2. Glebe Dirty Reds16115048026621426
3. St Marys15114037225012226
4. Wentworthville Magpies158703262963020
5. Mounties15780296360-6418
6. Kaiviti Silktails146803563154116
7. Ryde-Eastwood Hawks154101268414-14613
8. Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles153102250446-19612
9. Western Suburbs Magpies162131200482-2829

Remaining fixtures:
Sat 6 Aug
Silktails v Mounties, Mascot Oval 3pm (R4)
Wenty v Blacktown, Ringrose Park 4pm (R4)
Sun 7 Aug
Ryde-Eastwood v St Marys, TG Milner 3pm (R14)

And as discused, Silktails-Hills unscheduled from R14 at the moment.

Finals schedule below:

Week 1 - Sat 13 Aug, St Marys

Elimination Final: 4 v 5
Qualifying Final: 2 v 3 (Glebe v St Marys)

Week 2 - Sat 20 Aug, Leichhardt
Major Semi: 1 v W QF (Hills v winner Glebe-St Marys)
Minor Semi: W EF v L QF

Prelim - Sun 28 Aug, Ringrose
L Major v W Minor

GF - Sun 4 Sep, Kogarah
W Major v W Prelim

10-11 Sep weekend off

17-18 Sep - Presidents Cup semi final

25 Sep - State Grand FInal day at Commbank

Last edited:

Broncos93

Juniors
Silktails have posted on social media saying they've forfeited the game against Hills. So Saturday's clash against Mounties will decide who takes the last spot in the finals.

They say they're struggling with a player shortage at the moment due to injuries.

TigerDen

Juniors
Silktails have posted on social media saying they've forfeited the game against Hills. So Saturday's clash against Mounties will decide who takes the last spot in the finals.

They say they're struggling with a player shortage at the moment due to injuries.
Bet they have a full side Saturday 😁

rightleftin

Juniors
The Fijian team failed to make the top 5 after a 26 all draw with Mounties. You would have thought that after going ahead 26-10 early in the 2nd half, the full time Fijians would have piled it on against their part time opponents but the Mounties finished stronger to grab 5th spot.

Some strange lineups have taken the field for Ryde Eastwood in the last 5 days. After both grades were smashed at Mascot last week, and with the SS team in no danger of being relegated to the elimination semi, RE included 6 RMC players in the Wednesday catch up game against undefeated St Marys and won 34-8.

Come Sunday, again meeting St Marys in RMC, only 10 of the side hammered by Fiji were available, including 5 of the 6 that played SS on wednesday and after St Marys led 50-0 they took the foot off the pedal to win 66-28.

Meanwhile, at Penrith, the Hawks SS had plenty up from A Grade and Brothers had a training run to record a 62-10 result. With 5 out of 7 teams in the semis it was an easy hurdle to make it, but Brothers have improved in the 2nd half of the season after they lost their first 7 games, followed by 5 wins, a draw and 3 losses in their last 9 games.

I believe that Eli Roberts, who played for Hills for much of the season and a few games with North Sydney, finished with La Perouse, a struggling team in the South Sydney A Grade.

Broncos93

Juniors
Any predictions for the weekend?

I'd have Wenty over Mounties based on form. They've won their last five (albeit one by forfeit).

I think Glebe will get the better of St Marys again. Bit closer than last time they met but with Newtown having a bye, they should receive some reinforcements and be too strong.

Marys obviously flogged a half-strength Ryde team in the last game of the season but before that they'd lost three straight.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Some interesting results in Massey yesterday. I don't think anyone expected Glebe to come out like they did. Executed well and defended like demons. Hills just didn't seem to gel. They looked like they wanted to put on big hits but didn't stick. Pretty clean but physical game and I think Hills missed Keiraghn (sp?) when he went off injured.

I didn't see the Wenty / St Mary's game but interesting to see Wenty win, they seem to be coming home well and St Mary's just seem focus on the wrong aspects of the game. Interesting to see Zac Greene not there, was he suspended or maybe got a sore elbow the week before ?

rightleftin

Juniors
Coyne and Ferris ripped Hills to pieces. The Glebe defence was good but Hills had nothing. Glebe benefitted from hard game last week while Hills had 2 weekends off.

There have been a lot of players put on report in the 2 weeks of semis. Presumably both Greene and Vaugaeau were suspended, but Aiono, who was strangely sent off against Glebe, was in the side yesterday. The half for St Marys was on debut and the 5/8 was also in Shield for most of the season. Wenty had a big advantage in halves. When Wenty led 19-0 and St Marys had one put in the bin, St Marys scored 2 tries back to back and then bombed another on the last pass, all in the space of 5 minutes. Apart from that period, Wenty were dominant. St Marys lost 5 of their last 6 games after one 1 loss in the remainder of the season. Wenty have come a long way since losing to Wests midseason.

St Marys look certainties in Shield.

Broncos93

Juniors
Bewildering that Aiono wasn't suspended for that dangerous throw in week 1 of finals. If that was in the NRL he'd be looking at 3-4 weeks.

Hills vs Wenty will be an interesting game. Wenty seem to have hit form at the right time of the year. They do have a lot of finals experience in their squad.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Karma played it part I guess as Aiono wasn't the only player that should have been suspended from that game. To be fair to him it was an accidental dangerous tackle.

Broncos93

Juniors
Karma played it part I guess as Aiono wasn't the only player that should have been suspended from that game. To be fair to him it was an accidental dangerous tackle.
Yep no doubt there was no malice intended. Still very dangerous. Demetriou would have landed straight on his head if Layoun hadn't been there to catch him.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Apologies the player I thought was Green was infact Layoun the #6. I don;t think he was trying to catch Demetriou I think he was trying to steal the ball. Anyway it probably save him a nasty injury.

Broncos93

Juniors
Fullback Curtis Wilson and halfback Blake Goodman both failed to finish the game for Hills.

Not sure whether they're injured and will miss the grand final? Strange calls to bring them off if they weren't hurt.

Last edited:

Latest posts