What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Oh to have a player of the calibre of Jason Saab. He took an intercept tonight against the Storm and raced away unopposed to score between the posts.

He is a flyer which we let go at his request. He knew where a good club was and he went there and will remain a Sea Eagle for years. Same as Garrick.

The team that could be a problem for the Storm if they both play the grand final is Manly. Remember it was Hasler who coached them against the Storm's Craig Bellamy and won 40-0 albeit without Cameron Smith. This was years ago I know and lots of water has run under the Spit Bridge and the Sea Eagles have been pretty competitive since then winning again in 2011.

I'm predicting big things for Manly this year.
Problem is that if he wants to leave he wants to leave. No way we are getting the best from him if we force him to stay. That and not having Turbo.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
M

agree but I never saw him as having a lot of impact anyway
Never understood the hype
I know Souths are a much better side but I did prefer Ford over Host originally

But what a good coach can get out of Host tells me we kept the wrong one And I should admit my judgement on Hosty playing under McNothing was wrong
I'm old enough to remember when Tallis burst onto the scene with the Dragons and the "wow" feeling I had watching him go in the lower grades- never had remotely the same feeling with either Host or Ford, and while it would be convenient to blame it all on Mary and our pathways program, I doubt either player has much innate x factor. Host has improved with Souths but that's from a low base here.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Problem is that if he wants to leave he wants to leave. No way we are getting the best from him if we force him to stay. That and not having Turbo.
I would like to rage against the Board for not doing more to keep Saab and Garrick, but part of me is still not convinced that they are more than average footballers. Garrick's goal kicking certainly has gone to a new level and Saab seems to have become a speedster but Saab in particular, for me still looks tentative in defence and is not dominating in the air like many predicted. Neither could hold a candle to Brett Morris when he was at his peak with us.

Dragon David

First Grade
I would like to rage against the Board for not doing more to keep Saab and Garrick, but part of me is still not convinced that they are more than average footballers. Garrick's goal kicking certainly has gone to a new level and Saab seems to have become a speedster but Saab in particular, for me still looks tentative in defence and is not dominating in the air like many predicted. Neither could hold a candle to Brett Morris when he was at his peak with us.
Garrick is in his 3rd year with Manly - debuted there in March 2019. He puts in as hard as a lot of other wingers in the comp and is an accomplished goal kicker/point scorer. I think Des is happy with him which is what Garrick would want. Saab will get a little brawnier and muscular and will help him to defend better. The main thing is he is quick and can score the length of field tries which our current crop of wingers would struggle doing.

Hasler knows what type of players he needs and that is why he had no doubts signing up Saab and put him straight in firsts. Cherry Evans and Turbo know that they have his speed to finish off a line break.

We need another Brett Morris, another Cooper, another Gasnier and another Soward. Do we have these type of guys in the system? If not, we should find them and sign them up - quite bleak are our chances of this happening though.

BBTB

Juniors
Garrick is in his 3rd year with Manly - debuted there in March 2019. He puts in as hard as a lot of other wingers in the comp and is an accomplished goal kicker/point scorer. I think Des is happy with him which is what Garrick would want. Saab will get a little brawnier and muscular and will help him to defend better. The main thing is he is quick and can score the length of field tries which our current crop of wingers would struggle doing.

Hasler knows what type of players he needs and that is why he had no doubts signing up Saab and put him straight in firsts. Cherry Evans and Turbo know that they have his speed to finish off a line break.

We need another Brett Morris, another Cooper, another Gasnier and another Soward. Do we have these type of guys in the system? If not, we should find them and sign them up - quite bleak are our chances of this happening though.
Another Dragons player,let go
Patrick Herbert. Watching him play yesterday for the Titans.He absolutely blitzed
It....had a blinder...and here we are scratching around looking for a centre. Another
Board f**kup.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
T

We need to go with those blokes another Bennett to bring the best out them.
go with those

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Patrick Herbert. Watching him play yesterday for the Titans.He absolutely blitzed
It....had a blinder...and here we are scratching around looking for a centre. Another
Board f**kup.
I hate the board as much as anyone, but I reckon that ones on Mary. He's the one who couldn't see a future for him at the club. Another masterstroke

Dragon David

First Grade
I hate the board as much as anyone, but I reckon that ones on Mary. He's the one who couldn't see a future for him at the club. Another masterstroke
Other coaches can/could see great potential with the players we have and had and those other clubs are reaping the benefits . We have lost many players that would have helped us heaps this year, but Mary had his pets and that was that.

BLM01

First Grade
I'm old enough to remember when Tallis burst onto the scene with the Dragons and the "wow" feeling I had watching him go in the lower grades- never had remotely the same feeling with either Host or Ford, and while it would be convenient to blame it all on Mary and our pathways program, I doubt either player has much innate x factor. Host has improved with Souths but that's from a low base here.
Agree with that
yeah I definitely not saying he’s gonna be anything much
When it came down to keeping One of the two players
hook wanted to keep host but too late
we should’ve just let Ford go
Host would of benefited our team more in the short-term
comparing anyone to Tallis and the WoW factor out of the box players like that are pretty rare

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Herbert had several off field incidents and was let go because of that, fact.
He also had off field incidents at Warriors, fact.
His off games far outway his good games, that why members only mention him twice a year.

Edit, Should he have been given a chance a Dragons, yes.
But that ship has sailed.
That's fair enough. Thanks for the insight👍

Dragon David

First Grade
Good to see thanks RedVDave. I think having St George and Molo in the front row with hopefully Hunt at 9 and Su'A in the second row with Burns and DeBelin at lock will be a formidable combination.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Good to see thanks RedVDave. I think having St George and Molo in the front row with hopefully Hunt at 9 and Su'A in the second row with Burns and DeBelin at lock will be a formidable combination.
Jayden Hunt will be in the mix next year as well. He’s been a goer in the limited opportunities he’s had. A full offseason & he’ll be much better in 2022.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Board f**kup.
Such a pity that Herbert didn't have a coach who knew something about playing centre. Oh, that's right he did, it is just that the coach in question did not know how to coach a centre.

Latest posts