What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Do you guys have an opinion on this? Not many merkins over in our forum have heard of him.

Good kid and good pick-up for you guys. "Boom rookie" yet to be seen. Unfortunately, he was behind a few here and pathway was a little crowed.

I see 'the Mole' has been scouring our forum, for tid-bits as this was reported on one of our threads about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

possm

Coach
Well on Fox it has been reported that Brandon Smith is going to the market. This is the player we need in our pack, preferably at hooker. I believe he is off-contract at the end of 2022; and 2023 is a season when we should be all cashed up.

Como Connection

First Grade
Well on Fox it has been reported that Brandon Smith is going to the market. This is the player we need in our pack, preferably at hooker. I believe he is off-contract at the end of 2022; and 2023 is a season when we should be all cashed up.
Uncle Wayne will get him.
Young Gasnier may work.
CC

Trifili13

Juniors
Smith's manager will be sending emails to all clubs on Monday. Someone better tell our mob to check that the club's servers are up and to also check junk mail in case they only look in the inbox.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I wouldn't think Smith is on our radar.
Macca will be starting hooker next year with possibly Mbye or Bud as the #14 hooker/halves option.

JAW's is signed on a T&T and based on performance in reggies as a hooker/half.

I think young Muhleisen is the main man moving forward, but, at least we have some competition for spots and some youngsters itching for their opportunity.

be55

Juniors
Smith's manager will be sending emails to all clubs on Monday. Someone better tell our mob to check that the club's servers are up and to also check junk mail in case they only look in the inbox.

I'm sure our club are on top of things

not my job GIF

denis preston

First Grade
Got below off facebook but it does quote Suli's manager Tartek so i assume he said it. Sounds like Hook is a bit of a salesman but more importantly he can demonstrate that there is actually a plan in place.

Anthony Griffin explained it really well to Moses. How he wanted him on one side, Zac Lomax the other. How they were building nicely in the forwards. It was a good sell. Moses could see they had good plans in place. That’s what players want to see.”

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Got below off facebook but it does quote Suli's manager Tartek so i assume he said it. Sounds like Hook is a bit of a salesman but more importantly he can demonstrate that there is actually a plan in place.

Anthony Griffin explained it really well to Moses. How he wanted him on one side, Zac Lomax the other. How they were building nicely in the forwards. It was a good sell. Moses could see they had good plans in place. That’s what players want to see.”

Thanks DP, good insight.

As pointed out before, there are many aspects that make up a coach of an NRL team. Of course playing finals is 1, but it's not the decisive factor. Being able to do a myriad of tasks, including recruitment and selling the culture and vision of himself and the Club, are equally important aspects.

There are many mitigating factors that can put the brakes on in a season and we had a few in 2020. Yes, we will judge Hook closely this coming season, however, the cogs that makes up a coach has many parts so unless there's a failure in many, the wheels should turn in the right direction starting next year.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I actually think Griffin’s tenure and contribution will be judged in about five years time. Whether he’s the coach or not at that time is another matter. I like and admire the bigger picture that he seems to be constructing and the fact there is a strategy is imo quite refreshing. If we’re left with six high top line quality first graders at the end of the day and it’s looking like that at the moment, without paying overs for experience i admire the plan. Hope it comes together…..

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree that Brandon Smith will not be in the Dragons sights , according to Fox his agent has or shall be emailing each of the 16 clubs requesting that they put in their best offer - “ this will separate the wheat from the chaff “ said the man .

When up against the big spenders and sombrero bidders of the NRL , the Dragons would not have a chance , we would more than likely end up in the chaff container - if we were interested in him .

jak

Bench
Agree that Brandon Smith will not be in the Dragons sights , according to Fox his agent has or shall be emailing each of the 16 clubs requesting that they put in their best offer - “ this will separate the wheat from the chaff “ said the man .

When up against the big spenders and sombrero bidders of the NRL , the Dragons would not have a chance , we would more than likely end up in the chaff container - if we were interested in him .
we don't need him mate just put young sullivan on the bench, after 20 minutes pull McCullough after he has made his 50 odd tackles move hunt to dummy half sullivan to halfback then just sit back and see what he and amone and sloan can do.

George Dragon

Juniors

I've posted about this before , how managers now like dealing with the club.
That is because of change in management coaching and recruitment right down the line.

Even if Hook leaves after this season he will leave the club in a better position than when he started , unlike the previous two appointments.

We may not be attracting the elite yet but we have moved up a tier. This all bides well for the future.

I expect a top 8 finish which should be achievable.

Latest posts