What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

George Dragon

Juniors

SAP58

Juniors
One player that has disappointed me this year is Jackson Ford, I did have high hopes for him but he hasnt developed as hoped in 2021. Maybe playing in a pack that has not performed and is beaten each week doesnt help but I thought his long term position was a running forward to take over eventually from Tariq. Maybe I am being too harsh and as he is alrerady signed for next year he will perform better with the inclusion of some better forwards.
Thoughts ?

BLM01

First Grade
M
One player that has disappointed me this year is Jackson Ford, I did have high hopes for him but he hasnt developed as hoped in 2021. Maybe playing in a pack that has not performed and is beaten each week doesnt help but I thought his long term position was a running forward to take over eventually from Tariq. Maybe I am being too harsh and as he is alrerady signed for next year he will perform better with the inclusion of some better forwards.
Thoughts ?
agree but I never saw him as having a lot of impact anyway
Never understood the hype
I know Souths are a much better side but I did prefer Ford over Host originally

But what a good coach can get out of Host tells me we kept the wrong one And I should admit my judgement on Hosty playing under McNothing was wrong

Como Connection

First Grade
Thoughts ?
Billy looks the better player to me.
CC

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Thoughts ?
I agree. In hindsight it seems like he was made to look like a better prospect due to some of the softer defences in NSW cup, I remember there was a game a few years back where he scored 4 or 5 tries.

Regardless I think with 3 new forwards on the way for next season so far, he doesn't get a run unless we're seriously down on troops.

matPORTS

Juniors
Mbye is unfortunately a needed signing because no one else will touch us with a 10 foot barge pole, and there is no guarantee on Sullivan & Amone lighting it up this off-season to warrant a permanent start in the 6 jersey. They have not had the miles in the legs due to reserve grade being disrupted throughout the last 1.5 seasons - and due to the rabble that our club has been in as a result of the previous coaching regiment, we are still a long way off our junior system re-igniting.

This is ultimately what might make or break Hook in terms of how long his tenure lasts - no doubt he was also of the mindset that he needed to get our junior system firing again pretty quick smart. But that has not worked out and we are going to need another round of subidised buys to cover gaps in our roster - Mybe will come heavily subsidised from the Tigers in year one. There may be another subsidised signing or two as well (hopefully a speedy outside back or two).

Norman on full ticket vs. Mybe at a discount ? I know where I'd be going.

Thinking outside the box - an Mybe / Clune halves combination w/ Hunt at 9 could work ?

thebigredv

First Grade
Mbye is unfortunately a needed signing because no one else will touch us with a 10 foot barge pole, and there is no guarantee on Sullivan & Amone lighting it up this off-season to warrant a permanent start in the 6 jersey. They have not had the miles in the legs due to reserve grade being disrupted throughout the last 1.5 seasons - and due to the rabble that our club has been in as a result of the previous coaching regiment, we are still a long way off our junior system re-igniting.

This is ultimately what might make or break Hook in terms of how long his tenure lasts - no doubt he was also of the mindset that he needed to get our junior system firing again pretty quick smart. But that has not worked out and we are going to need another round of subidised buys to cover gaps in our roster - Mybe will come heavily subsidised from the Tigers in year one. There may be another subsidised signing or two as well (hopefully a speedy outside back or two).

Norman on full ticket vs. Mybe at a discount ? I know where I'd be going.

Thinking outside the box - an Mybe / Clune halves combination w/ Hunt at 9 could work ?

It's a good argument the money one, matports. At least he could shift to the utility role once we sign that gun 5/8 that comes on the market (wishful thinking).

Seen too much football to know we will all end regretting signing Moses. We have to lift our standards eventually. Willing it to work always falls flat.

You are spot on concerning the barge pole. That's the primary issue.

Dragon David

First Grade
Oh to have a player of the calibre of Jason Saab. He took an intercept tonight against the Storm and raced away unopposed to score between the posts.

He is a flyer which we let go at his request. He knew where a good club was and he went there and will remain a Sea Eagle for years. Same as Garrick.

The team that could be a problem for the Storm if they both play the grand final is Manly. Remember it was Hasler who coached them against the Storm's Craig Bellamy and won 40-0 albeit without Cameron Smith. This was years ago I know and lots of water has run under the Spit Bridge and the Sea Eagles have been pretty competitive since then winning again in 2011.

I'm predicting big things for Manly this year.

possm

Coach
Has B Smith from the Storm signed with anyone as yet? So far we have signed props Molo and Burgess but are still a prop short. I wonder if the club is targeting anyone.

B Smith would go well in a hooker rotation with McCullough. He could also give JDB a rest as well.

Jack Bird was terrible at fullback last night, so I still have concerns about that position.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Has B Smith from the Storm signed with anyone as yet? So far we have signed props Molo and Burgess but are still a prop short. I wonder if the club is targeting anyone.

B Smith would go well in a hooker rotation with McCullough. He could also give JDB a rest as well.

Jack Bird was terrible at fullback last night, so I still have concerns about that position.
Give it up Brandon Smith ain’t leaving Melbourne and if he did why in the help would he come to this dump

Gareth67

First Grade

He has been offered a substantial increase on his current contract by the Storm for another 4 (?) years I believe possum .

lombard

Juniors
Brandon Smith offered $600k a year to stay at the Storm in a winning team.
Meanwhile we pay about $450k for Mbye to play next year with Tigers paying another $400k. Even $450k is too much for Mbye.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Oh to have a player of the calibre of Jason Saab. He took an intercept tonight against the Storm and raced away unopposed to score between the posts.

He is a flyer which we let go at his request. He knew where a good club was and he went there and will remain a Sea Eagle for years. Same as Garrick.

The team that could be a problem for the Storm if they both play the grand final is Manly. Remember it was Hasler who coached them against the Storm's Craig Bellamy and won 40-0 albeit without Cameron Smith. This was years ago I know and lots of water has run under the Spit Bridge and the Sea Eagles have been pretty competitive since then winning again in 2011.

I'm predicting big things for Manly this year.
Defence still very questionable for mine.