What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I don't know much about him tbh. My relative enthusiasm was based on "well, he was picked for SOO". But then again, Queensland lost! You're right, hope he goes really good next year (but not when we play the cows in round 24)
What a lot of people don't know is that the poor guy was involved in the on field death of a rival forward (James Ackermann) back in 2015- an accident but PTSD can often follow events like that and cause the victim to doubt what he is doing.

thebigredv

First Grade
For the life of me cannot comprehend this either. Thought Hook saw him as a 2nd rower. Has a second rower ever been moved to fullback before?

It's abysmal and makes zero sense. We have Sloan who is missing valuable game time. I'll tell you I'm just not liking this coach when it comes to selecting our best team for now and the future. He seemed such a common sense guy when he came and now it is just more of Mary. Stubborn bloke who can't take a hint.

BLM01

First Grade
Curious to know what people think is the readon Hook is/was playing Bird at fullback (leaving out unpleasantries about the coach)?
Thoughful insight would be good.
I said this a few weeks ago. It was clearly a defensive move and he believes for this year anyway Bird is warming to the fill-in task. He and other commentators thought he did reasonably well last friday night.
Have not watched the game so I cant add anything to that
I understand the reasons as Sloane (who is my new Dragon fav) will light us up in 2022+ but needs more time over the next few months without throwing him in each week and possibly denting confidence as teams are already watching him and working him out.
I admit i would like to see him for the remainder of the year but understand if he is not used.
He does not need a major injury right now
Look at Suaali who is now out injured.

Kylez3

Juniors
Sua dropped again for Souths this week. Host and Sele are regularly making the starting 17 when fit and healthy.

Something to be worried about or nah?

RedVDave

First Grade
Because I can't edit the original thread the latest in updates include.

Gains: Francis Molo (NQ 3 years), Moses Mbye (WT 2 Years), George Burgess (England 2 Years), Jaidyn Su'a (Souths 3 Years),

Losses: Cameron McInnes (Sharks), Corey Norman (Released), Matt Dufty (Bulldogs), Eddie Blacker (Panthers), Brayden Williame (French Rugby), Trent Merrin (Retired), Jordan Pereira (Broncos)

Re-signed: Cody Ramsey (2 Years), Tyrell Fuimaono (2 Years), Jack De Belin (3 Years)

OFF CONTRACT 2021
Billy Brittain (Rumoured Retired)*
Kaide Ellis (Rumoured England)
Hayden Lomax,
Gerard Beale

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
It's abysmal and makes zero sense. We have Sloan who is missing valuable game time. I'll tell you I'm just not liking this coach when it comes to selecting our best team for now and the future. He seemed such a common sense guy when he came and now it is just more of Mary. Stubborn bloke who can't take a hint.
Do you honestly think Hook is going to do what people on this forum say or think he will live or die by his decisions and i have no doubt he has reasons for those decisions hopefully we will all be a little happier this time next year.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Get over Mcinnes he was gone the minute the Taliban being McGregor was told he is not wanted. He could have gone to 2 other clubs but choose to twist the knife a bit further by signing with sharks. We were basically told he was not going to stay around. The media can have their own ideas but he would have left this year if not for the knee.

St Tangles

Bench
Sua dropped again for Souths this week. Host and Sele are regularly making the starting 17 when fit and healthy.

Something to be worried about or nah?
He has been playing good football much better than both Host & Sele so I can't see why he is not being selected except that he's not at South's next year

Maybe Bennett giving some players a run incase of injury?

thebigredv

First Grade
Do you honestly think Hook is going to do what people on this forum say or think he will live or die by his decisions and i have no doubt he has reasons for those decisions hopefully we will all be a little happier this time next year.

This is the point of a forum. For you to express your opinions and ideas.

Zero explanation does not help the situation. Here we are asking where Sloan is who burst on the scene. As far as I am aware there is no explanation for his absence. He is the coach, he gets to make the calls but a little transparency for long suffering fans would perhaps quell a little of the bewilderment we experience each time we see the team selected. Norman still there for crying out loud.

BLM01

First Grade
He has been playing good football much better than both Host & Sele so I can't see why he is not being selected except that he's not at South's next year

Maybe Bennett giving some players a run incase of injury?
Good point because they can
They will finish 2nd or 3rd so they will play penrith regardless somewhere in QLD
Now is the time to get your troops ready

kit66

Bench

I'd have McGuire ahead of Lawrie, not that that's much of an improvement. I think it's Lawrie that will struggle to make the 17, he really struggles when we play the top teams and gets totally dominated. He doesn't bend the line, has a low work rate and rarely gets an off load let alone passes the ball, at least McGuire has a bit of skill. I've also noticed that McG seems to revel in playing starting prop rather than off the bench or lock.

SnowDragon

Juniors
I'd have McGuire ahead of Lawrie, not that that's much of an improvement. I think it's Lawrie that will struggle to make the 17, he really struggles when we play the top teams and gets totally dominated. He doesn't bend the line, has a low work rate and rarely gets an off load let alone passes the ball, at least McGuire has a bit of skill. I've also noticed that McG seems to revel in playing starting prop rather than off the bench or lock.
I see it very differently. Lawrie is a solid 1st grader these days, and only 24 or 25 if I recall correctly. Sticks it to anyone and has high effort. McGuire is ok, not a fan, but a little mongrel is ok, and the team needs it. I see him on rotation for the bench

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Now we've got Mbye across does anyone reckon he could try to talk Thomas Mikaele around as well?

He is off contract for next year and consistently runs for over 100 meters a game in the front row. A lot of upside as well at 23 years old, get the cheque book out I reckon.