What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree that Thompson would be a good buy for the Dragons - even better if he tones down that over the top aggro that he has in his game .

The man reminds me of a young James Graham , but unfortunately the game is now in a new era of ‘ non-violence ‘ depending on what jersey one wears .

However should he come our way and then Griffin would be well advised to have a long chat with him about that , as I believe we already have one or two players that attract penalties for that very reason .

RedVDave

First Grade
My predicted team for 2022 thus far.

1) Sloan
2) Rava
3) Lomax
4) Mbye
5) Fegai
6) Amone
7) Hunt (C)
8) Lawrie
9) McCullough
10) Molo
11) Bird
12) Sims
13) De Belin

14) Maguire
15) Su'a
16) Kerr
17) Fui
Rumour of Suli getting louder I guess Mbye either starts at 5/8, Fullback or possibly off the bench (although I can't Invision he'd agree to sign knowing he'd be playing off the bench) if he does though I'm guessing Kerr drops out.

randomdragon

Juniors
Rumour of Suli getting louder I guess Mbye either starts at 5/8, Fullback or possibly off the bench (although I can't Invision he'd agree to sign knowing he'd be playing off the bench) if he does though I'm guessing Kerr drops out.
Read the article I shared yesterday in the Mbye thread of what he said after signing with us

hewi

Bench

BLM01

First Grade
Man I just saw that the Doggies are willing to release Luke Thompson immediately

I would take him in a heart beat
Why? They supposedly rate and need him
Well I suppose that was before GUS got his feet under the desk
Sounds like a GUS move as probably on too much $$$ for a prop spending half his time off the field

denis preston

First Grade
I am not sure how Millward hangs onto his job after so many negative outcomes. Is he Bruce Gordon's secret love child? I agree he should go. Ben Haran I thought was doing a reasonable job, at least the few times he has been interviewed he has said the right things. He needs to put a few runs on the board. No idea who any replacements would be. I am disappointed in what Elliot and Gentle have shown, but I like Elliot.
OED, do we really know how the coaching staff under Hook perform ? I've always said that the 2 assistant coaches must take as much responsibility as the coach but Haran ? Dont know how you gauge his performance. Perhaps George can give us some insights.

BLM01

First Grade
To me this POM player raid is overrated expecting all recruit forwards to turn out like a Burgess Graham or Hodgson
They are few and far between the rest are average
And the backs, how long since we have had a back make it and excel here

denis preston

First Grade
He was always going to the Roosters. A player of his quality held the interest of several clubs but he signed quick smart. Registered contract may say he took less than what the Knights offered but most of the planet knows this wouldn't be the case. Uncle Nick 1 NRL 0
Uncle Nick 100 NRL 0 ! Apparently when he was deciding to sign , Watson was asked by Nick for a game of golf. After the game Watson signed on the dotted line !

mickeylane

Bench
Personally I don’t think we need Suli and the money would be better spent on a gun prop like Fotuaka or Thompson. Bird Feagai, Lomax Ravalawa are more than fine in my eyes
need a strike centre...we are very thin outwide..

Crush

Coach
If we could get Suli and Kikau to Dragons for 2022 then we would have a side to be reckoned with. Please let it happen, the off season would be so enjoyable.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
But on the other hand

at the sporting news website
/nrl-2021-moses-suli-st-george-illawarra-dragons-manly-sea-eagles-rugby-league-anthony-griffin/1pmxzsnzr9mhg1k1fvg0pe5k7u

Sorry, won't let me paste the link properly.

Dragons4me

Juniors
It will be interesting to see the 2022 team. What I'm hoping for most is a halves pairing that will create open space for the backline to show us what they can do rather than simply being battering rams out of our 20. I'm only now appreciating how good we were in 2010. We're certainly not playing that type of game now.

Coffs dragon

Bench
TBH I’d be happy if we miss out on that Suli rumour.
From what I’ve seen he looks lazy, overweight and a poor defender. If Dessie doesn’t want him or can’t fix that, then why should we pay big bucks for another log.
We have enough deadwood in the joint.