What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Crush

Coach

Inisai Toga

Juniors
To me this POM player raid is overrated expecting all recruit forwards to turn out like a Burgess Graham or Hodgson
They are few and far between the rest are average
And the backs, how long since we have had a back make it and excel here
Gary Schofield Tigers Eighties..

My predicted team for 2022 thus far.

1) Sloan
2) Rava
3) Lomax
4) Mbye
5) Fegai
6) Amone
7) Hunt (C)
8) Lawrie
9) McCullough
10) Molo
11) Bird
12) Sims
13) De Belin

14) Maguire
15) Su'a
16) Kerr
17) Fui
Fegais aint ready.. Ramsey.. tho prefer him at FB. Bird is the odd one here. Too slow in backline not bulky nuff for the engine room either. So why was he recruited. Was a dud when we first had him.. what has changed. Su'a takes his place and big George off the bench to crunch tired blokes. Slow poke McCulloch is another weak link.

Cupper

Juniors
Just throwing a few curve balls out there for 2022 starting side.

1- sloan
2- ramsay
3- suli/mbye
4- lomax
5- rava
6- amone
7- sullivan
8- molo
9- macca
10- JdB
11- Sua
12- Bird
13- Hunt

14- burgess
15- sims
16- lawrie
17- mcguire

Whilst im sure it would never happen, i think hunt at 13 with the young guys in the halves would work, hunt has shown he can defend in the middle (in fact i think he defends better there than on the edge) and can basically play as a halfback in attack playing both sides of the field and the youngsters either side.

4 forward bench allows for the props to go hard in short stints to make up for the lack of a running lock.

And fire away with how bad of an idea this is.....go!

Crush

Coach
Fegais aint ready.. Ramsey.. tho prefer him at FB. Bird is the odd one here. Too slow in backline not bulky nuff for the engine room either. So why was he recruited. Was a dud when we first had him.. what has changed. Su'a takes his place and big George off the bench to crunch tired blokes. Slow poke McCulloch is another weak link.
Gotta disagree regarding Bird mate.
He is one of our best footballers.
Agree it’s tough to know where to play him but happy he’s in our team.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Just throwing a few curve balls out there for 2022 starting side.

1- sloan
2- ramsay
3- suli/mbye
4- lomax
5- rava
6- amone
7- sullivan
8- molo
9- macca
10- JdB
11- Sua
12- Bird
13- Hunt

14- burgess
15- sims
16- lawrie
17- mcguire

Whilst im sure it would never happen, i think hunt at 13 with the young guys in the halves would work, hunt has shown he can defend in the middle (in fact i think he defends better there than on the edge) and can basically play as a halfback in attack playing both sides of the field and the youngsters either side.

4 forward bench allows for the props to go hard in short stints to make up for the lack of a running lock.

And fire away with how bad of an idea this is.....go!
Can't see Sullivan starting at 7 when he's had so little game time in any position in 2021-mainly due to injury- Hunt is our captain and leader from the most important position on the field ( 7). Amone, however, is showing definite signs of being NRL ready so agree he should be our 6. Bird to 13 and either Sims or Billy Burns (whom I still hold out hope for as an edge forward) to start. Generally however a good team.

Cupper

Juniors
Can't see Sullivan starting at 7 when he's had so little game time in any position in 2021-mainly due to injury- Hunt is our captain and leader from the most important position on the field ( 7). Amone, however, is showing definite signs of being NRL ready so agree he should be our 6. Bird to 13 and either Sims or Billy Burns (whom I still hold out hope for as an edge forward) to start. Generally however a good team.
Fair points, my thoughts were to play hunt as a 7 in attack as i agree hes our captain and steers the ship (even if in the 13 jersey) which would ease the pressure on both Sullivan and Amone. Essentially im completely changing the standard "positions" of the game, and instead having 2 x 5/8s (1 either side of the field) with Hunt at halfback playing as he pleases in attack but defending in the middle (number 13 jersey).

TruSaint

Referee
I think he signed with French rugby

Yes he has.

St George Illawarra Dragons centre Brayden Wiliame has put pen to paper on a three-year deal to switch to French Rugby.

The Fijian international, who has played nine games for the island nation to go with his 45 NRL appearances and 77 English Super League appearances, has made the decision to hop codes. He will join Perpignan.

redv13

Bench
Yes he has.

St George Illawarra Dragons centre Brayden Wiliame has put pen to paper on a three-year deal to switch to French Rugby.

The Fijian international, who has played nine games for the island nation to go with his 45 NRL appearances and 77 English Super League appearances, has made the decision to hop codes. He will join Perpignan.

Cheers TS

Runner

Juniors
TBH I’d be happy if we miss out on that Suli rumour.
From what I’ve seen he looks lazy, overweight and a poor defender. If Dessie doesn’t want him or can’t fix that, then why should we pay big bucks for another log.
We have enough deadwood in the joint.

The last time Dessie released a centre to us it was Tim Lafai. Didn't that work out well!

I think you could be right even though Suli was highly rated a couple of years ago.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Fair points, my thoughts were to play hunt as a 7 in attack as i agree hes our captain and steers the ship (even if in the 13 jersey) which would ease the pressure on both Sullivan and Amone. Essentially im completely changing the standard "positions" of the game, and instead having 2 x 5/8s (1 either side of the field) with Hunt at halfback playing as he pleases in attack but defending in the middle (number 13 jersey).
I'll need to refer your suggestion to the game management and tactical section of the Dragons match day coaching team.

Old Timer

Coach
Long time ago for some
I was going to say Hanley as could play 5/8th
or Chariots for us and Roosters but not sure he could defend well
Hanley was sensational for the Tigers when he 1st came and if not for the Terry Lamb tackle Ellery may have lifted the Tigers single handedly to the premiership.

He really was at the end of his career but was sublime on his day.

Andy Currier was also another pom that was very good for the Tigers as was Bolton long before him.

Offiah was sensational in attack but god damned awful in defence but that wasn't what he was here for it was all about the 4 pointers he scored and there certainly were some great one's amongst them.