What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Maddragon99

Juniors
The last time Dessie released a centre to us it was Tim Lafai. Didn't that work out well!

I think you could be right even though Suli was highly rated a couple of years ago.
The Suli talk seems to be getting louder, personally I’m not sure what we see him particularly considering he knocked us back already. Also he’s contracted until end ‘22 so unless Manly have approached us how can we be in discussions before 1 November?

For mine Braidon Burns is a much better option.

Crush

Coach
The Suli talk seems to be getting louder, personally I’m not sure what we see him particularly considering he knocked us back already. Also he’s contracted until end ‘22 so unless Manly have approached us how can we be in discussions before 1 November?

I remember going out to watch a tigers vs dragons game a few years back.
Widdop single handily won us the game that day, he was the best player on the park. The second best player was Suli. Every time he touched the ball we was dangerous, really dangerous. He’s a wrecking ball when he is on.
I’d love to have him at dragons, he’s naturally gifted, just need to get him firing.

redv13

Bench

I’d say BB will stay now that Gagai is going

redv13

Bench
Widdop single handily won us the game that day, he was the best player on the park. The second best player was Suli. Every time he touched the ball we was dangerous, really dangerous. He’s a wrecking ball when he is on.
I’d love to have him at dragons, he’s naturally gifted, just need to get him firing.
You’re right Crush about Suli when he’s on he’s a menace. Problem seems to be an attitude thing that has followed him at every club that he’s been too. Maybe Griffin’s the man to cut it out of his game?? I’d rather a beast up front before Suli but I wouldn’t be devastated if we did land him, just hopefully not on over the top $$$

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

Apparently Manly have granted permission for Suli to talk to other clubs.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Current roster situation (2020) - excluding Clune

Backs - 7
Bird, Mat F, Max F, Lomax, Ramsey, Ravalawa, Sloan
4 rookies.
Will Bird stay in the backs is a big question?
Rumoured - Suli

Halves - 3
Hunt, Amone, Sullivan
2 rookies
Rumoured - 0

Edge forwards - 5
Burns, Ford, Fuimaono, Sims, Sua
0 rookies
Rumoured - 0

Props - 7
Alvaro, Burgess, Faamasili, Kerr, Lawrie, Maguire, Molo
0 rookies
Rumoured - 0

Hooker - 1
McCullough
0 rookies
Rumoured - 0

Lock - 1
DeBelin
0 rookies
Rumoured - 0

Utilities - 1
Mbye
0 rookies
Rumoured - 0

Current Total - 25

5 available slots, although it was eluded to that a few more maybe asked to look elsewhere come Nov 1.

Gippsy

Bench
We need one more frontrower, backrower, centre and hooker, and they need to be decent quality.

mickeylane

Bench
Apparently Suli is about to agree to 3yrs.. based on that this must be the 2022 backline as nothing else makes sense.

1. Mbye
2. Rava
3. Lomax
4.Suli
5. Ramsay/Fegai

6. Amone
7. Hunt
TBH I’d be happy if we miss out on that Suli rumour.
From what I’ve seen he looks lazy, overweight and a poor defender. If Dessie doesn’t want him or can’t fix that, then why should we pay big bucks for another log.
We have enough deadwood in the joint.

blacksafake

First Grade
I was at a Souths v Manly game a few years ago & Suli really schooled Gagai. At one stage he beat him three times in 20 metres when scoring.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Fegais aint ready.. Ramsey.. tho prefer him at FB. Bird is the odd one here. Too slow in backline not bulky nuff for the engine room either. So why was he recruited. Was a dud when we first had him.. what has changed. Su'a takes his place and big George off the bench to crunch tired blokes. Slow poke McCulloch is another weak link.
I think Matt Feagai has done pretty well on the wing. A couple of dropped balls cost us dearly vs the Raiders but otherwise I believe he has looked up for NRL. Bad luck for Max getting that head knock. I would love to see Ramsey go well but thus far the best I can say is he has finished well and tried hard but his stats show how limited his impact has been.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Given our tepid form this year is Griffin really the kind of coach to get the best out of moody player like Suli? If we wanted a big dollar outside back we should have gone for Nicho Hynes or Addo-Carr

Remember Suli hasn’t been able to get a game at Manly most of this year even though he resigned with Manly on good money. Hasler is a good coach & he hasn’t been able to get much out of him, look at Saab he’s been a revaluation under Hasler.

This has a Corey Norman feel to it, over paid, lazy & useless.

redv13

Bench
Given our tepid form this year is Griffin really the kind of coach to get the best out of moody player like Suli? If we wanted a big dollar outside back we should have gone for Nicho Hynes or Addo-Carr

Remember Suli hasn’t been able to get a game at Manly most of this year even though he resigned with Manly on good money. Hasler is a good coach & he hasn’t been able to get much out of him, look at Saab he’s been a revaluation under Hasler.

This has a Corey Norman feel to it, over paid, lazy & useless.
That you Mary??

SAP58

Juniors
We can all get excited about guys like Fegai and Ramsay but I am telling you, Suli is in a different league if he gets himself motivated. He’s a special talent and I would be stoked if he signed.
I agree he has a lot of talent abd he has destroyed us a few times, jut seems to be a bit like Joseph Leilua. Has the talent but is lazy with a bad attitude and we can all see what has happened to him although Leilua is 6 yrs older. If Hook can get him motivated and stay that way I agree he would be a deffinate asset. Over to you Hook if we are successful in aquiring him.