What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

possm

Coach
After Sullivan's 2 games at 9, could he be our 9 for 2022. Just like Joey did for NSW. Will make him a good defender when he does move to the 7 role. 2022: 9 Sullivan, 7 Hunt, 6 Amone, 1 Slone . Then in 2023 move Hunt to 9 and Sullivan to 7
That would make Mbye a very expensive replacement for Clune!

possm

Coach
Dragonslayer, I agree with most of your views but for JDB. You are starting to see sides with a good #13 who plays one off the ruck and acts as a receiver (Yeo, Murray, Radley, Jake T). They can both straighten the attack when required but can also ball play out the back. JDB is pretty decent in this role. My other issue is that I don't think he is big enough to play at Prop. I think we weaken one position (#13) to attempt to strengthen another (Prop). Those moves are fraught with danger.

I agree fully re your views on Bird, Sims and Ramsay.
I'd like to see Hunt moved to hooker with Sullivan and Amone eventually being our first choice halves. So, the choice should be between Mbye, Bird, Sullivan, and Amone in the halves, with one who misses out playing at 14.

Having said this, Sloan may be given a rest at times during the season and depending on the form, with Mbye moving to fullback occasionally to give Sloan a rest. In fact, Mbye might start 2022 at fullback or play some minutes there coming off the bench.

So, in reserve grade, we will still have Schiller, Stewart, Ramsey. and the Feagai brothers all pushing for a spot in the 17.

There is no doubt in my mind that we still need another first-grade prop. It is a real shame that we let go some real good talent only for other clubs to pick them up e.g. AFB and Vaughan.

BBTB

Juniors
He'd have an inflated price tag on him given his exceptional origin series. We could free up some more cap and get a younger more consistent player. Sooner the better though I feel it's unlikely. Sorry, but giving him the captaincy was as stupid as giving Norman a run every game. His battery has run out halfway through the last 3 seasons. Hard calls need to be made. Can hook be the man?
Still,I think Sims makes a good prop,of the bench.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
100% agree.

My opinion or whatever you call it, is based on the fact he's only had 1 offload in his 10 games, however, I'm quite happy to leave him at lock with a full pre-season under his belt. Don't be surprised though if some stage next year, young Coric gets a few games at the #13, he's an out-and-out gun.
Dragonslayer, I haven't seen anything of Coric. Do you have any info on him? Gees, we need some young Pigs to come through.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
I'd like to see Hunt moved to hooker with Sullivan and Amone eventually being our first choice halves. So, the choice should be between Mbye, Bird, Sullivan, and Amone in the halves, with one who misses out playing at 14.

Having said this, Sloan may be given a rest at times during the season and depending on the form, with Mbye moving to fullback occasionally to give Sloan a rest. In fact, Mbye might start 2022 at fullback or play some minutes there coming off the bench.

So, in reserve grade, we will still have Schiller, Stewart, Ramsey. and the Feagai brothers all pushing for a spot in the 17.

There is no doubt in my mind that we still need another first-grade prop. It is a real shame that we let go some real good talent only for other clubs to pick them up e.g. AFB and Vaughan.
I know you have been advocating another Prop for some time and I wasn't overly sold given the signings for next year; but I have come around to your way of thinking. We do need another big bopper to play in the middle. The top 3 sides all have beasts in their packs. Our biggest problem in most games (outside of Norman) is the halves playing on the back foot due to a lack of go forward up front.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Some chat that Schiller is no longer at the Dragons.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
And then there were 6. With Sauni-Esau and now potentially Schiller on their way the path is getting clearer for our other young guns. Anybody have any info on either of the two and their respective reasons for leaving? Best of luck to them regardless.

Possm will be devastated

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
And then there were 6. With Sauni-Esau and now potentially Schiller on their way the path is getting clearer for our other young guns. Anybody have any info on either of the two and their respective reasons for leaving? Best of luck to them regardless.

Possm will be devastated
If true, Possm is not the only one to be devastated! 😠

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Possm will be devastated

As far as I know,
SSE left voluntarily for personal reasons.
As for James there was no pathway for him and (as I believe) he isnt eligible for JF next year. His path is blocked if you look at:
Fullback - Sloan looks like being a long term custodian, with maybe Treigh Stewart as a back-up, plus (ahem!) Mbye and Ramsey.
Centre - Lomax signed long term and (as it seems 95%) Suli as well. Plus the Feagai twins and dare I say Bird.
Wing - Rava is signed long term as is Ramsey, plus again the Feagai boys.

There are also some very good youngsters behind him also in Alex Lobb and Brandon Marcos to name a few.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Dragonslayer, I haven't seen anything of Coric. Do you have any info on him? Gees, we need some young Pigs to come through.

Besides Coric, who I believe can play prop or lock, there a couple like Bryce Magnone, Blake Dowell and maybe the JF captain in Matthew Nicholson, who are young props, you could throw Shalom O'Ofou into this area as well.
Edge forwards, beside Burns, there is Jackson Sherab-Schmidt, Luke Gale and O'Ofou (preferred positiion imo).
Jalal Bazaaz is another forward, already played at international level for Lebanon, but, as George Dragon said previously, hot sure about where he's at in the scheme of things.

Basically 2yrs without a full years games in both JF and KOECup has forced changes that normally wouldn't have been necessitated.

We have signed Kyle and Chase Stanley's nephew a prop who is only 16 years old for 3 years from the dogs.
Cyrus Stanley-Traill is his name.
A good Dragon connection. Chase and Kyle were Saints juniors if memory serves. Cyrus must have something going for him if we signed him at 16 years. I expect he is a big bopper unlike his uncles.

Last edited: